Daredevil Season 2 Confirmed for 2016!

Finished DAREDEVIL Season 1 today. Loved the show and I really like his red suit. It looks awesome in live action.

The last shot of the show was PERFECT :)

I hope Season 2 just ramps everything up and gets even better. They did an excellent job, now I want to see more of the Marvel Universe to come into it.

Very Very happy about this news,probably more so than the fact that I'm going to see Avengers 2 tomorrow.

0ReIKqQ.gif

I wonder how much of planned in advance? They probably had a strong suspicion that it would be a success. I just wonder if they had a plan in place: What if DD is AWESOME? Well, we'll just delay production on our other shows.....

Either way, Goddard gets paid $250K by Sony for Daredevil season 2 as a part of his contract for agreeing to do Sinister Six (which is probably gonna becoming a directing job for Spider-Man).

He also wrote out an outline for Season 2, wonder if they'll use it

So happy to hear the news. I think a second season was pretty much inevitable but it's great to see it's coming out in a year or less.

He also wrote out an outline for Season 2, wonder if they'll use it

Really? Sweet.

But yeah, he gets money from Sony if the show gets renewed for season 2 and season 3. Basically, he gets $250K if it gets renewed for season 2 and $500K if it gets renewed for season 3.

Eh, that's a bit of a stretch in implying the second season will be the next year.

Probably a bit, but I don't see any other reason they would throw that line in there. The way it was said felt like the show was saying "come back next year for [BLACKOUT]The Trial Of Fisk[/BLACKOUT]".

^ Right, but I don't think they necessarily planned for that yet. Still, how about Larry Cranston as Kingpin's lawyer?

The only weird thing is it'll be a big trial that doesn't really involve Nelson and Murdock.

the deknight thing is interesting. it's b/c of scheduling conflict - if that's the case, then there is a reason why marvel wants this out in 2016. nobody knows what deknights schedule is but i have to imagine that if this was a methodical burn, then they probably could've waited but since they are putting it out next year...maybe it means more for daredevil? maybe his presence is integral in the overall marvel story?

timeline for next year:

may - civil war
november - dr strange

i would assume daredevil is going to sandwich those two with some fallout from civil war.

but then again, this could be netflix forcing marvel's hand to make this a yearly series due to it's success.

Well, I think the reason is simpler: It's really popular and Netflix would really like to do it (and will pay for it). I think "forcing" is a bit harsh, but it's closer, yeah.

It would be the first story with Matt Murdock's Daredevil involved in Civil War. I thought that was a missed opportunity in the comics, so it would be nice to see their take on it.

I actually wouldn't care if Daredevil sidestepped Civil War entirely. I'd like the show to give proper attention to the introductions of Elektra and Bulleye and the continuation of Matt and Fisks journeys. Civil war would be a distraction.

This is all very exciting and I hope they show the same amount of care they had for the first season.

Of course I'm excited. I'm relieved they aren't waiting until Defenders and are just continuing Murdock's story as is.

I dont want DD involved in Civil War. Part of the reason I enjoyed this so much is because this FELT like its own world even though it was in The Avengers' world.

If Daredevil comes out at the same time next year as it did this year, won't it be kind of hard for him to fight in the Civil War?

I wouldn't mind getting hints at CW. Show the public's distrust of superheroes. Maybe even have a radio in the background in one episode mention something about a superhuman registration act. Nothing as overt as what Agents of SHIELD is doing, of course.

I'd like to see the Civil War dealt with more in series that have people with actual super powers, like Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist.

I think that depends on a lot of assumptions. The most obvious is whether it'll be the same release date. It could be delayed a few months to make sure it's released after.

More fundamentally, how long (or short) a period of time is Civil War? Is it a span of many months (in which case, Daredevil can follow the same time span)?

This news was a genuine surprise to wake up to this morning. I was pretty sure that we wouldn't see a second season of Daredevil until 2018, or late 2017 at the earliest. So, to get it in 2016, a mere year from now, is pretty awesome!

I am a bit concerned about the change of showrunners, and am wary about a second season getting rushed out before its ready. But I'm going to trust Marvel and Netflix to know what they're doing here, and any doubts are far overshadowed by my excitement about getting more Daredevil next year.

I've said before that I like to see two seasons of a TV series before I get too heavy in my proclamations of greatness, as doing one brilliant season only shows you can produce a great season of TV, not a great series: I call this "The Homeland Rule." But Daredevil Season 1 not only did my favourite Marvel hero justice, but stands up there with The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy as one of the very best things Marvel Studios has put out. If a second season is even close to that quality, then this series will have secured its place as one of my favourite TV shows ever.

When did Season 1 start filming to be ready for the April release date? I'm sure someone remembers. I wonder if this will aim for a release around the same time frame, or if it will be later in 2016.

For some, a shared universe is awesome when it suits their needs and when it doesnt they want individuality. I for one love it! And its 90% of the reason I even watched DD. Never been a huge DD fan I was strictly an X-Kid growing up. This shared universe is the connective tissue that, to me anyway, makes things interesting in a way totally unprecedented across all these differnt platforms (movies, tv mini-series, NetFlix, and comics). Just the mention of Thor in DD made me all super-dork-gitty. All that to say a little spill over from Civil War could be awesome (if done right) and could easily be interwoven w.out "taking anything away" or "distracting" from the story chosen to tell.

Just watched a Collider interview with Cox. Seems old, just before the show premiered. But interesting to see Cox specifically partner a (potential) DD S2 alongside Luke Cage in 2016.

Hope that's the way it goes so Iron Fist can still make it.

For some, a shared universe is awesome when it suits their needs and when it doesnt they want individuality. I for one love it! And its 90% of the reason I even watched DD. Never been a huge DD fan I was strictly an X-Kid growing up. This shared universe is the connective tissue that, to me anyway, makes things interesting in a way totally unprecedented across all these differnt platforms (movies, tv mini-series, NetFlix, and comics). Just the mention of Thor in DD made me all super-dork-gitty. All that to say a little spill over from Civil War could be awesome (if done right) and could easily be interwoven w.out "taking anything away" or "distracting" from the story chosen to tell.

Like I said people love the shared universe until they dont...lol

I'm glad they aren't wasting any time getting season 2 locked in.

I think we'll see Elektra and The Owl in this season, and of course the potential is there for The Hand to become a much bigger presence than they were in season 1.

I also think it would be the perfect opportunity to debut The Punisher in the MCU. Throughout season 1 Matt struggled with the question of whether to kill Fisk, bringing Frank Castle in would be a perfect way to continue this as they have always been great counterpoints for each other in the comics.

it will be interesting if fisk plays a big role in this or not. will they continue the fisk story and introduce 1 new character (i'd say bullseye is more likely than elektra) or will they go another route altogether? i think there's more to explore with matt and karen so i'd rather they give that time than introduce a "triangle" with elektra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"