Daredevil Season 2 Confirmed for 2016!

I'm glad they aren't wasting any time getting season 2 locked in.

I think we'll see Elektra and The Owl in this season, and of course the potential is there for The Hand to become a much bigger presence than they were in season 1.

I also think it would be the perfect opportunity to debut The Punisher in the MCU. Throughout season 1 Matt struggled with the question of whether to kill Fisk, bringing Frank Castle in would be a perfect way to continue this as they have always been great counterpoints for each other in the comics.
Thats a good point , I would love to see this as well, esp now with Fisk behind bars, you could have various criminal organization trying to lay claim to Hells Kitchen now that Fisk is locked up,with Castle trying to deal with them in a more lethal way and Matt/Daredevil trying to stop both Castle and dealing with the various gangs.

Honestly, I doubt Civil War will factor much into season 2. In part, this is because I doubt Civil War will be active after the movie is over; whatever conflict exists between the heroes, it will be resolved in Cap's favor by movie's end.

Instead, Daredevil s2 will focus on the repercussions of Daredevil s1, of which there are more than enough to fuel an entire season or two.

So things I wanna see in season 2:

More stick
More claire
karen unraveling just a bit
Elektra
bullseye
punisher
gladiator
Moonknight reference
blade reference
maybe The Owl II (Lelands son)
vanessa fisk

So things I wanna see in season 2:

More stick
More claire
karen unraveling just a bit

Elektra
bullseye
punisher
gladiator
Moonknight reference
blade reference
maybe The Owl II (Lelands son)
vanessa fisk

I agree with you mostly. Give me more Vanessa Fisk, introduce Elektra and all the women in Matt's life. Maybe even Typhoid Mary... The only thing I could do without or just feature in one episode would be The Punisher.

Why mark out the blade reference. I feel like a throwaway line about vampires would be a great nod to him. As long as it feel natural and not forced.

Why mark out the blade reference. I feel like a throwaway line about vampires would be a great nod to him. As long as it feel natural and not forced.

I just feel like it'd be a weird thing to mention, unless its like a newspaper article headline.

Yeah i dont mean they have to mention him by name. It could be a joke from foggy, or a daily bugle article or headline. Kinda like how they teased elektra. A simple throw away line.
I'd like to add to my list a spiderman reference.

Awesome! :woot:

Now let's just hope that the creative team doesn't try to do too much in an attempt to capitalize on the series' success. The last thing I want is for season two to be Daredevil's IM2.

Awesome! :woot:

Now let's just hope that the creative team doesn't try to do too much in an attempt to capitalize on the series' success. The last thing I want is for season two to be Daredevil's IM2.

I recall reading somewhere that Drew Goddard had an outline already for season 2, so I doubt not much will chance in season 2, (imo) season 2 will most probably be an extension of season 1, I doubt we will get any super powered villains suddenly showing up, they will most likely have Bullseye Elektra and/or The Punisher

I see that a lot of people want the Punisher to show up in Season 2, but I think it might be a better idea to save his entry into the MCU as a headlining series.

It's clear that people want to see Frank Castle and I think it makes more sense from a business & creative perspective to introduce him solo. You can flesh out his backstory a little better if he's not competing with Daredevil's screentime, plus it's another recognizable character to build a new show around.

I get that Punisher's comic history with Daredevil has people wanting to see it onscreen, but I think it's best if they hold off on the two characters crossing paths for the foreseeable future. I'd like to see them establish both individually before any interaction, but that's just my personal preference.

Is anyone worried that season 2 wont be that good? S1 is really amazing and it raise the expectations to a very high level for S2.

Other than the change in director, all the rest of the crew/screen writers etc.. remains intact right?

Is anyone worried that season 2 wont be that good? S1 is really amazing and it raise the expectations to a very high level for S2.

Other than the change in director, all the rest of the crew/screen writers etc.. remains intact right?

Nope the fact that they chose to promote from within their creative team rather than look for people outside has me feeling confident that they will keep the same tone.

I mentioned it earlier but I look at season 1 as the first half of the season and then season 2 (imo) will be the rest of the season which will deal with the escalation from what Daredevil and Kingpin have now caused

Marco Ramierz was already on the writing staff before DeKnight took over for Goddard. Doug Petrie was brought on with DeKnight. I think it's in good hands.

I just found out that Doug Petrie wrote that really cool sounding Fantastic Four script that Peyton Reed was going to direct before Fox decided to make the Tim Story version.

Vampires should be saved for Luke Cage :cwink:
j_XAOv_Dldeh_YEy.jpg

Thats a good point , I would love to see this as well, esp now with Fisk behind bars, you could have various criminal organization trying to lay claim to Hells Kitchen now that Fisk is locked up,with Castle trying to deal with them in a more lethal way and Matt/Daredevil trying to stop both Castle and dealing with the various gangs.

Yeah it could be pretty epic in scale, a hero and an anti-hero pulling in opposite directions trying to solve the same problem, thus bringing them together and against each other over the course of the season.

Yeah it could be pretty epic in scale, a hero and an anti-hero pulling in opposite directions trying to solve the same problem, thus bringing them together and against each other over the course of the season.

exactly

I see that a lot of people want the Punisher to show up in Season 2, but I think it might be a better idea to save his entry into the MCU as a headlining series.

It's clear that people want to see Frank Castle and I think it makes more sense from a business & creative perspective to introduce him solo. You can flesh out his backstory a little better if he's not competing with Daredevil's screentime, plus it's another recognizable character to build a new show around.

Frankly, that's the opposite of what I want. I flat out don't want to see Frank Castle as a solo character. I think there were three-ish movies of that it wasn't all that great. To me, Punisher works best as someone who isn't the hero to be admired. He's a sad, broken man who crossed the line along time ago. He's everything a superhero shouldn't be and that's why he needs to be stopped. But, at the same time, there's reasons to admire him and root for him even when you shouldn't.

Frankly, that's the opposite of what I want. I flat out don't want to see Frank Castle as a solo character. I think there were three-ish movies of that it wasn't all that great. To me, Punisher works best as someone who isn't the hero to be admired. He's a sad, broken man who crossed the line along time ago. He's everything a superhero shouldn't be and that's why he needs to be stopped. But, at the same time, there's reasons to admire him and root for him even when you shouldn't.

I agree, I'm a fan of The Punisher but I do think he's best when he comes into conflict with other heroes who provide a counterpoint to his zero tolerance methods, no her works better in this scenario than Matt.

I can understand that sentiment.

But just to play devil's advocate, doesn't that sound a lot like the character of Walter White? And that's a show that's considered to be one of the best of all time. Why couldn't a Punisher series display a deeply flawed man who has some admirable qualities? I think some of the problem of the movies was that they didn't spend enough time getting at the core of the character, and that's something that a tv series can improve upon.

Punisher for season two would be great. Have him start out as the main villain of the season only to end with Daredevil reluctantly having to work together with him to take down the real main villain (don't know if they plan to bring Kingpin back for season two in a big role again or not). It would make for an interesting character arc for Matt Murdock/Daredevil to have a character like The Punisher roaming Hell's Kitchen. It would give even more character conflict for Karen considering what she did.

But this is all providing Netflix would even be open to doing a hard R Punisher adaptation. Otherwise don't even bother.

I think Punisher *could* work in his own series, albeit probably not forever. It just requires that they actually write the sympathetic antihero Punisher of the 80s, not the grotesque caricatured psychopath of Ennis. And even still, better if you introduce him in an arc in Daredevil.

That said, I continue to boggle at the statements of "why can't we have superpowered villains?" We already *had* superpowered villains, in Nobu and Madame Gao.

I hope in season two that there will continue to be references to the rest of the MCU without actually referring to those references by name, which I thought was a cool way to bring Daredevil into the same universe as the Avengers.

I also hope that trend continues on Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"