Daredevil Season 2 Confirmed for 2016!

Fantastic news! Hopefully they can knock it out the park again for a second season.:up:

:daredevil

Fantastic news. No DeKnight is obviously a bummer, but still looking forward to it.

Hoping for Elektra, the Hand and Bullseye

There is no reason for them to stick to the 2 a year thing. So we could easily get Luke Cage, Daredevil S2, Iron Fist/JJ Season 2 next year.

They are all being developed as their own shows with different crew and whatnot and because they are all on Netflix they aren't competing with time slots like a traditional TV show would be especially as people binge watch.

Be nice to have a one show every quarter.

This is... not unexpected... but it's mostly amazing!

I have a feeling this is the only one of the shows that will receive a second season before Defenders. I'm totally okay with that.

Also reckon we'll get a Punisher series / movie next year. Fingers crossed anyways

Great news about a second season! I'm a little bit worried that the quality will drop without DeKnight, but his replacements wrote some fantastic episodes in the first season, so that's a good sign.

Last edited:
I wonder if the financing for this comes from the 200 million meant for the initial Defenders plan or if this will be getting additional funds?

I'm also curious as to the timeline of everything.
So far as I understand DD season 1 takes place between the end of Phase 1 and the beginning of Phase 2.

This is an Iron Man situation. First in series, granted sequel. Of course I don't want it to be anything like IM2, but I like where it's going (structure-wise).

Only disappointment is that it pushes Iron Fist back to 2017, at least most likely. That's also fine considering we'll get 2 Marvel/Netflix series every year from now to then (Defenders same year as IF).

giphy0b463.gif

This is an Iron Man situation. First in series, granted sequel. Of course I don't want it to be anything like IM2, but I like where it's going (structure-wise).

Only disappointment is that it pushes Iron Fist back to 2017, at least most likely. That's also fine considering we'll get 2 Marvel/Netflix series every year from now to then (Defenders same year as IF).

Hopefully it doesn't need to push anything back. They just get extra funding and a bigger crew.

Also hope DeKnight goes off and does his film (possible Marvel film?) and then comes back and does a Punisher eries.

I didn't think it would happen this fast, but damn am I excited already. I haven't even finished the series, I left off at episode 8, and I've been craving more since episode 3. Nice to know Daredevil will be back soon.

He said that a case like Fisk's could take a year to come to trial.

Eh, that's a bit of a stretch in implying the second season will be the next year.

2016 was already looking good, now it's great. As far as Defenders go, if I remember correctly Iron Man 2 was a spur of the moment thing after the success of the first one. This isn't too surprising, but awesome nonetheless.

I was thinking of Iron Man 2 when they made this announcement. Marvel Phase One had two Iron Man movies in addition to the rest of the team. It seems relatively fitting to mirror that. Just like the movie moved Iron Man to the top of the heavyweights, it's nice to see this bump up Daredevil quite a bit.

the deknight thing is interesting. it's b/c of scheduling conflict - if that's the case, then there is a reason why marvel wants this out in 2016. nobody knows what deknights schedule is but i have to imagine that if this was a methodical burn, then they probably could've waited but since they are putting it out next year...maybe it means more for daredevil? maybe his presence is integral in the overall marvel story?

timeline for next year:

may - civil war
november - dr strange

i would assume daredevil is going to sandwich those two with some fallout from civil war.

but then again, this could be netflix forcing marvel's hand to make this a yearly series due to it's success.

I would think their ultimate goal would be for ALL of these shows to be successful enough for 2nd seasons, so I'd think they must be at least considering the possibility of having more than 2 a year.

Absolutely. There's definitely enough material in the Alias comic series to produce quality arcs for multiple seasons of Jessica Jones.

However, when it comes to Luke Cage & Iron Fist I'm not sure I want to see 2nd seasons for those characters... but that's only because I want to see them combined in Heroes for Hire!

To me there was no doubt about it, but I am surprised that it comes next year already. I hope they listens to the fans (the sane fans :oldrazz:) and change the costume a bit.

Awesome news,Hell to the yeah! I mean I was expecting a s2 but not until after defenders

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"