Apocalypse RATE the Final TRAILER of X-MEN APOCALYPSE!

Reaction score
Well first of all, I think one of the concerns - the visual effects - are no longer a problem. In this new trailer, the VFXs don't look videogamey and cheap anymore so thats good. However, I didn't really feel this trailer. The editing was really off, its like they just piled a bunch of new scenes and the transition between the scenes didn't feel smooth. Like compare to the final trailer of DOFP, the final trailer of Apocalypse isn't just that good and I don't think those people who didn't like the 1st two trailers would be persuaded by this final trailer. I just think it had too much Mystique and I really felt like it lacked Xavier and Apocalypse, like Raven just had more importance in the trailer than those two which is just WEIRD and once again I think she's in human form too many times. Apocalypse's voice sounds worse now. Storm, Jean and Cyclops - I was kinda hoping they would be mentioned or get some focus but nope. Quicksilver's line was funny though. And Psylocke.... she got thrown twice, :csad: I hope they don't treat her like she's the Viper of this film. Then Wolverine's claws cameo felt tacked in and I don't think they pulled it off compare to Spidey's cameo in Civil War's trailer.

To make things short, the trailer isn't just amazing enough.

6/10 for me.

Last edited:
8/10 because the music again :(. But people (France) seem to love the trailer.

there are storm fans and psylocke fans who won't be happy because they want to see their favourite character be OP and kick ass rather then succeed and fail like the rest

I kind of agree with many of Psylockolossus's points. I thought the trailer was exciting, in many ways.. and the VFX are much better, but I don't like a few things including Apoc's voice where it goes all vocodered at the end.

It wouldn't be the way I'd have put together a final trailer at all. It doesn't really do the job i think it should do, to be honest.

Last edited:
there are storm fans and psylocke fans who won't be happy because they want to see their favourite character be OP and kick ass rather then succeed and fail like the rest

Storm and Psylocke are fine, I'm a Storm fan and can see she has lots of power (though i want things to be imaginative and not just what we have seen already). If Storm has been boosted by Apoc, she should be capable of some surprising and exciting things...

But those aren't the issues with the trailer.

I'd say 7/10. Like the other trailers, it's fine but doesn't have that shot like an Ant Man on the arrow, Spider-man, or even ice man skating on an ice slide. No single shot has got me "nerding out". Also, it doesn't have the same emotional pull as the DoFP trailer had. I'm not really emotionally invested in the story.

9/10

Besides some weird editing and some flat line reading from Jennifer, it was the perfect trailer. It sells the danger, drama and the spectacle all at once. It's going to be an event.

I loved every second of it. It teased just the right amount of characters and story without giving too much away. It was action heavy but it didn't spoil all the action. The 3rd DoFP trailer showed way too much of the future mutants scenes. So I'm happy in that regard. To me they're still keeping a lot quiet which I prefer. And the effects look fantastic. 10 for me just seeing Sydney in the trailer :D.

I would have liked a smidge more time with the newbie characters, but an awesome trailer overall.

And the tag with Wolverine will reel in the schmucks who think we can't have an X-Men film without him.

MUCH better trailer than the previous one. While I still don't think it looks AS good as DoFP, I've not been let down by a Singer X-flick yet, so I'm all set. :up:

EDIT: I just wish they didn't blow the Wolverine stuff in the trailer. Imagine what a neat surprise that have been.

Last edited:
I liked it..... better than the previous trailers.

I don't think FOX should have spoiled wolverine's cameo. But I am pumped up for this movie.

Storm and Psylocke are fine, I'm a Storm fan and can see she has lots of power (though i want things to be imaginative and not just what we have seen already). If Storm has been boosted by Apoc, she should be capable of some surprising and exciting things...

But those aren't the issues with the trailer.

The first trailer of Apocalypse had 1 shot of Psylocke and I gave that an 8.

While this new one showcases Psylocke more but it didn't persuade me to give it an 8.

It gives you a lot.so i gave it a 10.very epic trailer.and some will go wow wolverine is in it!

"Just because there's not a war, doesn't mean there's peace is coming."

This is the "fun" trailer. Wasn't a fan of the DOFP final trailer in that same regard.
I do enjoy the moments this had, mainly the action and more tidbits from that cage fight scene.

Proves my point ^^

you didn't prove anything, you're just being catty as usual calling out "Storm fans" and "Psylocke fans".

Mind you, unlike you I don't based my ratings on favoritism.

Okay continue to defend Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult's portrayal of their X-Men characters.

8/10
Don't like the music.
Apocalypse looks perfect in two shots. His skin is grayish blue, not just blue. Would prefer if his voice was just deeper and the whole time, not robotic sometimes.

Gave me constant chills, sooo hyped for this, much more than for CW, bth, mainly due to DofP. (But don't worry I still cannot wait to see you, MCU's Spidey!) :woot:

The only weird thing was Apo's vocoded voice, they should have made it more deeper rather than just multiplied, when they wanted to vocode it.
Logan's reveal made me jump on my chair spontaneously! :woot:

Yaaaaay, so hyped!
82.gif

Not a good trailer. I wanted a look about new costumes (Scott, Jean, Hank...) and presentation for each mutant characters like X1 and X2 trailer

7/10

Was that Hey Man Nice Shot the orchestra remix haha? Been some weird and weak rock music choices. While it's much better then Coldplay I still don't think it fits great here. Other film trailers this year have been able to use mainstream music in a far stronger way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"