Apocalypse Rate the 2nd trailer of x-men apocalypse!

I thought we would be getting more of a trailer introducing each character separately, like some fans here were requesting (I think X2 trailer 2 is the best example).

But one thing that does bother me is the lack of humans in Apocalypse Trailer 2, especially since a WW3 scenario would call for a bit of input by word leaders, no? I don't think a small team of fledgling mutants (the X-Men) would do it alone. They'd have some support.

There have been pictures released by Bryan and set reports of filming set in the [BLACKOUT]Pentagon.

Some of that filming might even allos some of the crew of the film to cameo as US Generals. Who knows...[/BLACKOUT]

I think one of the film's synopsis might have mentioned Reagan.

That said, one of the (MANY) things that annoyed me about X-men First Class was all the mention of World War 3. I hope they don't mention any of that :drl:

Last edited:
Why does every thread turn into a hate on Lawrence it's so annoying. The complaints about her being front and center in promotions. You do realise that the studios need to make money right? Thad why Jen and Michael are front and center. If James was an Oscar winner or nominated I'm sure he would be, but sadly he isn't as bankable as the other two. People always complaining he's pushed to the side when he's had the best arc of the movies and all of DoFP was about him having to save the future.

Look at the avengers stuff. Is Cap not the leader of avengers? But Iron Man is always the front and center. Why because it's RDJ and he's bank.

People promotional material really doesn't mean anything. Its just what the mass audience see so they have to promote the bigger names to get people in the seat.

This is a rate thread for the trailer and Jennifer Lawrence was showcased a lot in the trailer so, its not our fault we couldn't keep our mouths ranting about her again for the 100th time.

And the film can make money without shoving her face in our throats.

No ones saying the film won't make money without showing her face. But if they can get a whole bunch of people to go oh look Jennifer Lawrence I'm watching this, then they've achieved their goal and they'll get even more money. Run a movie company and be someone in the business who has to market a movie and you'll see what you'd have to do.

You know what Iron Man can be front and center all the time but at least Iron Man was not generally known as Avenger villain and is actually an essential member of the Avengers from comics, cartoons, videogames? So I don't get why you are comparing that to Mystique.

And its not just promotional marketing.... looking at the stuff that we saw, it really looks Jennifer Lawrence will be in human form for most of the time and it just baffles me a lot. Then leading the X-Men, telling them what to do.... as a X-Men fan, its not just very ideal. And this is Jennifer Lawrence's 3rd freaking X-Men film.... are they still letting everyone know that Jennifer Lawrence plays Mystique that she didn't need to wear the Mystique look for posters??? okay.

And people here can whine about her all the time, as long as they aren't doing it randomly, people are rating the trailer here anyway and the trailer had a lot of Raven.

You know what Iron Man can be front and center all the time but at least Iron Man was not generally known as Avenger villain and is actually an essential member of the Avengers from comics, cartoons, videogames? So I don't get why you are comparing that to Mystique.

This is not specifically targeted at you, cos your issue may just be Mystique being leader rather than on the side of good, but just using your quote for reference.

Having read up on a lot of analysis on the history of X-Men comics from a number of experts, I am more and more convinced that comic book fans (or at least fans of comic book properties) are quite a conservative bunch. This whole concept of Iron Man/Wolverine being shoehorned is ok because at least they were Avengers/X-Men, but villains like Mystique have to always stay villains. ALWAYS. It's just stagnant. It's preserving a status quo. It's the direct contradiction to what Chris Claremont was doing with his books, where he was always evolving the team line up and redeeming evil characters. Heck, he caught a lot of flak for redeeming Magneto and making him headmaster of Xavier's school, but it was arguably one of the best stories he has ever done.

It's this stagnation that has led to the downfall of quality in X-Men stories in general. Jean always comes back, Xavier jumps in and out of a wheelchair, mutants are always persecuted hence No More Mutants, Mystique must always be a villain despite how humanised she actually became under Claremont's pen.

Now people are perfectly entitled to have problems with JLaw's performance, and her being shoehorned as leader of the X-Men for profit. These are legitimate complaints.

But Mystique starting out as a villain and becoming good is just a natural storytelling process called character development. Mystique being leader of the X-Men? Eh. But still understandable because this trilogy was always a prequel trilogy surrounding Xavier, Magneto and Mystique, and this movie was always about the young X-Men, particularly Scott BECOMING the leader he was meant to be. People keep forgetting this. If anything, I admire Singer for sticking to his guns for the integrity of the story he is trying to tell rather than giving us the X-Men proper right from the start due to fan expectation (most of whom have no clue about basic storytelling as long as they just get what they want). Now if Mystique continues to be leader past this film, once Scott's arc is done, that will be bad. But JLaw is going out. She won't take over the franchise like Jackman did.

But then again, maybe it's not fair to single out comic book fans. People are just afraid of change, especially when it comes to childhood loves.

It is also interesting that the Internet has this weird short term memory problem when it comes to, well, literally everything. Singer generally (except poor Cyclops in X2, but obviously that will change), has shown skill with balancing ensemble casts, even when Hugh Jackman was arguably the lead in X1 and X2. He has shown it again with DOFP. Why does everybody keep expecting that Mystique will hog all screentime in this movie, especially when JLaw herself says that she has less work to do in this movie?

And its not just promotional marketing.... looking at the stuff that we saw, it really looks Jennifer Lawrence will be in human form for most of the time and it just baffles me a lot. Then leading the X-Men, telling them what to do.... as a X-Men fan, its not just very ideal. And this is Jennifer Lawrence's 3rd freaking X-Men film.... are they still letting everyone know that Jennifer Lawrence plays Mystique that she didn't need to wear the Mystique look for posters??? okay.

This I completely agree with, Mystique being marketed as human is honestly baffling. Her being human in the movie for a good reason is one thing, but in this respect the marketing just screams of pandering.

Last edited:
But Mystique starting out as a villain and becoming good is just a natural storytelling process called character development. Mystique being leader of the X-Men? Eh. But still understandable because this trilogy was always a prequel trilogy surrounding Xavier, Magneto and Mystique, and this movie was always about the young X-Men, particularly Scott BECOMING the leader he was meant to be. People keep forgetting this. If anything, I admire Singer for sticking to his guns for the integrity of the story he is trying to tell rather than giving us the X-Men proper right from the start due to fan expectation (most of whom have no clue about basic storytelling as long as they just get what they want). Now if Mystique continues to be leader past this film, once Scott's arc is done, that will be bad. But JLaw is going out. She won't take over the franchise like Jackman did.

I am completely aware that Mystique will still be one of the "focus" of the film. But I just can't with this direction of "leading the X-Men" which is my issue next to appearing in human form for like maybe 75% of her screentime in the film. If she wasn't giving orders to Cyclops and the new recruits and she doesn't keep roaming around the mansion like she's the second headmaster and has a role similar in DOFP (doing things on her own) then I wouldn't complain as much. And Cyclops doesn't need to lead the X-Men film in this film, I don't think I've said before that he should lead the team, I suggested before, thatt it should be Beast leading the team (if Prof Xg ets taken away) and Beast didn't do a lot in DOFP.

8 mostly because of Jennifer taking up too much of the scenery imo.

I can't stop watching the trailer. lol

But I'm gonna give it an 8. I think the music used takes me out a bit it just feels so... out of place? (for the lack of a better term) I think it may have worked better if they used a song in the time period and maybe arrange it to sound more haunting rather than a Coldplay cover. I don't know how it would have worked either but it's just my two cents. :D

The green screen doesn't really bother me as it might still get fixed until the last minute before it gets released. Keeping my fingers crossed that it ends up looking really smooth and awesome.

^Ikr this is the first trailer I've watched including Avengers I mean Captain America: Civil War that I just keep pressing the repeat button over and over.

I gave it a 9 out of 10. It did exactly what a trailer should--it was interesting, had lots of cool action and teased the plot. I liked the music, especially when it revved up.

My one critique is that it didn't show anything particularly new. Everything about the plot that's in the 1st trailer is in the 2nd but not much more. The Egyptian stuff was about the only thing added and it lasted 2 seconds.

Anyone know the number of worldwide views this got in the first 24 hours?

The 2nd trailer is definitely better than the first one. I remember not being overwhelmed by the first trailer, probably because I'm still not over the fact how DOFP's trailer and the movie itself blew me away with emotions and nostalgia.

Watching the 2nd trailer for the nth time today makes me feel more and more excited. Those fight scenes look good. I really hope it packs a lot of action than DOFP and First Class did. DOFP was awesome in its own, but I felt it lacked some action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"