Apocalypse Rate and review the TEASER TRAILER of X-Men: Apocalypse!

Because thats the iconic look of Professor X which James Mcavoy didn't have his previous 2 X-Men films. But its pretty weird it took them 3 films just to make him bald.

they didn't wanna rush it clearly, just like magneto, beast and mystique

I think it was a nod to X3.

Not really its a mass destruction movie, a bridge is always involved lol

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with Apoc's voice,the tone and the way he delivers his Lines fit with the fact that he's this elder being who just awoke.

From my point of view it sounds too soft for a character like Apocalypse, should be corrected in postproduction. His voice in comic was different than average person.

From my point of view it sounds too soft for a character like Apocalypse, should be corrected in postproduction. His voice in comic was different than average person.

How can you hear a voice in the comics?

I gave it a 7. I love X-Men and was really looking forward to the trailer, but I guess it didn't really blow me away. It was good but it didn't leave a WOW impression on me.

Pros:
-Superb bits from McAvoy as usual
-Yes to Havok!
-"Or the Bible got it from him"
-Storm looks badass
-The look of Apocalypse

Cons:
-The CGI felt a bit off. Some scenes felt like a part of a budget film. I hope they still fix this.
-Turner's acting in the beginning. I didn't feel she was the Jean Grey that Famke would portray in the future
-Apocalypse's voice
-The power display of Arcangel looked really bad, CGI-wise
-The music felt a bit over the top in some parts. It kinda overpowered the trailer in an unnecessary way to me.

-Turner's acting in the beginning. I didn't feel she was the Jean Grey that Famke would portray in the future

I think thats the point she isn't mean't to feel the same, people said the same about james mcavoy for FC since he was more of a charming playboy and then he was how he was in DOFP which is already 2 different sides to xavier not seen before

I think thats the point she isn't mean't to feel the same, people said the same about james mcavoy for FC since he was more of a charming playboy and then he was how he was in DOFP which is already 2 different sides to xavier not seen before

I think it works out better when the younger versions have something about their manner that's like the older versions. Fassbender studied McKellen's voice for DoFP and he sounded great, far better than in First Class.

I'm not that fond of Sophie's Jean based on what we have seen and heard so far, even though I liked the casting at the time. But she does seem like Jean in this picture

I think it works out better when the younger versions have something about their manner that's like the older versions. Fassbender studied McKellen's voice for DoFP and he sounded great, far better than in First Class.

Yeah but that was because mckellen was in the movie and fassbender thought it would be odd if he didn't try and sound abit like mckellen but with X-Men: Apocalypse fassbender has said his accent will be more a mixture of both mckellen and FC which is almost like a step backwards since thats probably how it should have been in DOFP and then more Mckellen in Apocalypse

Its to be expected that these characters will be different, even Singer said that was the idea

Last edited:
Just watched it. Oh man. I hope my first impressions don't reflect the quality of the movie. We'll see. 5/10.

I was annoyed by the trailer. All the lines were absolutely horrible, especially our main villain's, straight from some hack-screenwriter's playbook. Too grand, too pretentious, simply trying too much with too little talent to tell a story. It felt like I was watching an exposition dump trailer for some lazy Michael Bay movie. When Apocalypse is raising his hands and talking something about building a new world, that's comically bad. Uwe Boll bad. Is this a cartoon? I don't even blame Oscar Isaac, I blame the writers and Singer for that.

The visuals seemed too shiny, too "clean" and...weightless while there were plenty of effects. Do these movies have to look exactly like every other blockbuster movie now? I hope they'll work on the effects and add some damn depth, color and heart to it all.

And I think I'm not even offended or annoyed about the Bible part even though I am a christian, so it's not that. Something is off about this trailer for me. I've loved Singer's X-movies and I absolutely loved the trailer for DOFP too.

...and of course they had to use a horrible song for the trailer too. How about just movie music? And when the "movie music" came up, it was all just inception horns. Ooh, we haven't heard that before! That's just it - every other thing I saw and heard felt flat, fake or forced.

If this movie turns out to be what I fear right now, it will suck for me. Naturally I hope this won't be the case, and a trailer is always just a trailer. Nevertheless, not excited for seeing this one at all. More like dreading.

Sigh. At least Deadpool still has me rooting for it.

Oh, and Sophie Turner's dialogue and acting in that trailer was the most horrible thing I've seen, right with another GOT star's acting in Terminator Genisys. It's like she's not even trying. At least we still have Fassbender and McAvoy.

edit: naturally there was something I liked, too. Charles' face just before/after his eyes turn black was a great moment and a perfect way to end the main portion of the trailer and McAvoy in General seemed good, Nightcrawler looked cool, Smit-McPhee definitely looks the part. I always like Hoult, so just the sight of him is a good thing. I guess Apocalypse changing his size was a cool shot too.

edit2: watched it a few more times. I feel a little better about the trailer. Still not great by any means. Noticed some more good stuff, like nice cinematography and real depth of color in some shots. Too bad the "horsemen+the bridges" shots were so generic and horrible in contrast.

Last edited:
Jean opening the trailer

dgg8MLB.gif

her line delivery

t4Cezlr.gif

the shot of Apoc growing

dgg8MLB.gif

Katnissique leading the x-men

aX1swZ6.gif

I'm not that fond of Sophie's Jean based on what we have seen and heard so far, even though I liked the casting at the time. But she does seem like Jean in this picture

Right now, I feel like she won me over with her looks and not her talent. They should have hired Emma Watson for this.

James McAvoy was my favorite part of the trailer. He is prefect Charles. He brings weight to the scenes and dialogue. Him and Fassbender is the only reason why I'm not completely on board of ending Singer's Xmen. I doubt we find another perfect duo for the third time. Is also why I never wanted Singer back to direct these new movies.

Least favorite part was the Cgi at the end. Reminds of Zack Snyder movies. I thought beast in the jet looked too blue and terrible too.

8/10

Pros:
More Fassbender & McAvoy goodness
Looks to be going for larger scale action
Apocalypse looks better than he did in previous images

Cons:
Bad dialogue (Apocalypse monologue, Moira giving background on Apocalypse, Mystique )
CGI Needs work
Mystique as a mentor / leader to the younger X-Men

While i liked very much the trailer, i must confess i think it is a bit soft compared with the other comic properties. (I saw back to back BvsS, XMA and CA:CW, altough is not fair to compare with BvsS (trailer 2)). When all these trailers arrive with Star Wars at cinemas, i think XM could leave a mark if it is one of the last ones (it sticks better in their minds).

Trailer 2 will blow away everyone (i think March).

Found a few dubs for the Trailer already. Fox is going all out! (I remember it took forever for them to upload them for Days of Future Past).

En français:
[YT]9khFDBvu3y8[/YT]

En español:
[YT]kwZ6avRjAqw[/YT]

If you've got the time go on youtube and search for "X-men Apocalypse Trailer Reaction"

I liked this version of Charles finally having a balled head so I gave it a 1/10.

8/10 lacked certain character's powers but still made me excited. The horsemen were really brief, just wanted more.

I love this guy's reaction to the trailer:

[YT]Z_OBB-KAkdc[/YT]

And another one. Stay until the very end :woot:

[YT]HkMy1Wc_GIg[/YT]

Last edited:
what is up with those water spouts comin out of the river at the end??
they look like Sideshow Bob's head
some really bad explosion/water effects

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"