Apocalypse X-Men: Apocalypse and Special Effects

The cinematography was great. Everything in the mansion looks gorgeous and so well done. It's just some of those reaaally bad effects will overshadow the good material, and leave a bad impression overall.

Honestly though, some of that stuff (like the cranes, green screen material at the end) is so incredibly outdated, that it only makes me think there was something wrong behind the scenes. I know they were in a hurry with those effects, but fx people are very used to super tight schedules. Nothing adds up.

Through the Looking Glass and Resurgence even had better visual effects.

the X-men movies have always came short in the fx department. I dont by the "dont have time" or "enough money excuse" the whole team just freaking sucks. X-men Apocalypse effects looks so outdated its laughable

the X-men movies have always came short in the fx department. I dont by the "dont have time" or "enough money excuse" the whole team just freaking sucks. X-men Apocalypse effects looks so outdated its laughable

well, most of Singer's special effects are not outdated but consciously retro. I don't mind a lot of them. Singer still managed to create some of the most outstanding action scenes in comic book history...!

DOFP and X2 looked great. Even TLS had pretty good effects considering the rush.

Origins was terrible. Apocalypse isn't that bad. It hovers toward the bottom for me though, along with First Class (hit and miss).

black-and-white-hand-with-its-index-finger-pointing-upwards_153949049.jpg

I don't think you understand how special effects work. Time and money are a huge factor. The team that "freaking sucks", worked on The Jungle Book, Rogue One and Suicide Squad. The director of special effects for this movie was John Dykstra, who is freaking great, and has worked on everything from the original Star Wars to Spider-Man 2 and Godzilla. It's not the team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"