Rate the Premiere! (Survival Of The Fittest and Interactions)

Green Goblin 1964

Superhero
Reaction score
It sure as hell was one hell of a premiere. No where near as disappointment. Vulture's episode was my favorite and Electro's episode really showed how psychotic Max turned. Also loved the character development for Curt. Can't wait for next week.

What would you rate the premiere for both episodes on a scale of 1-10.

This show is kinda awful. Not TERRIBLE, but not good either. Probably won't continue doing this every Saturday. It's like they took my favorite stuff and crapped on it.

And no one tell me "IT'S FOR KIDS!" because there was NOTHING wrong with the 90's show.

:down

I only saw the second episode, but it was good. Not as good as the 90's cartoon but still pretty good. Much better than I expected.

I think its better than the 90's cartoon (go back and try watching the 90's cartoon, its really not as good as you remember it)

But I don't really care much for the art style. Oh well, I can look past it.

I like how they've updated a lot of the characters (Liz, Gwen and Eddie Brock in particular)

I thought it was cool that they made Eddie a good guy here and I liked that they hinted at a bit of jealousy from Gwen when Pete was charming Liz.

I hope to see some Pete-Gwen-MJ showdowns later on and Eddie Brock becoming Venom should have a bigger impact on Spidey given the relationship they've shown them to have here.

So in the end, I don't dig the art style, do dig most of the animation, and absolutely love the setting and storytelling they've done.

I'm hopeful for what the future will bring with this.:woot:

This show is kinda awful. Not TERRIBLE, but not good either. Probably won't continue doing this every Saturday. It's like they took my favorite stuff and crapped on it.

And no one tell me "IT'S FOR KIDS!" because there was NOTHING wrong with the 90's show.

:down

There was so much wrong with the 90s show, it's pathetic. Let's see...

- Hobgoblin before the Green Goblin.
- Horrendous voice acting, especially Mary Jane.
- 90% of the series being stock footage.
- No Gwen Stacy.
- No Betty Brant.
- Electro being the Red Skull's son.
- Hobgoblin's super glider designed to sell toys
- Lame dimensional portals.
- Norman Osborn being Kingpin's *****.
- Doc Ock being Kingpin's *****.
- Tombstone's Joker rip-off origin.
- Crappy CGI backgrounds.

It was average at best. I grew up watching everything and enjoying the hell out of it. I loved power rangers, loved batman tas and adam west's version, loved superfriends and later justice league and teen titans. I'm that kind of guy, don't give much of a crap about comic accuracy as long as I"m having fun watching yunno? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand wasn't having that much fun with this. The drama seemed forced like in the mtv series. they need to work on that more. the 90s show's strength was its perfect balance between drama and action. I'm not saying they should copy exactly what was done back then but I wouldn't mind if they made the story flow more naturally.

I liked it, got a few chuckles out of me.
It aired at 8 a.m. too and I thought I missed it.

This show was so amazing!!! I loved every bit of it and the music was great to! I loved the development of Dr. Curt Connors and I loved both oriins of the Vulture and Electro! I can't wait for next saturday! :wow::up:

It was average at best. I grew up watching everything and enjoying the hell out of it. I loved power rangers, loved batman tas and adam west's version, loved superfriends and later justice league and teen titans. I'm that kind of guy, don't give much of a crap about comic accuracy as long as I"m having fun watching yunno? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand wasn't having that much fun with this. The drama seemed forced like in the mtv series. they need to work on that more. the 90s show's strength was its perfect balance between drama and action. I'm not saying they should copy exactly what was done back then but I wouldn't mind if they made the story flow more naturally.

Alright, just saying you enjoyed Power Rangers destroys credibility. Terrible, terrible, terrible show.

I'm that kind of guy also, but the 90s series still had overly melodramatic writing and terrible animation and horrendous voice acting.

Forgive me, but the guy who made "Gargoyles" has a lot more credibility than the guy who made "Kissyfur"

There was so much wrong with the 90s show, it's pathetic. Let's see...

- Hobgoblin before the Green Goblin.
- Horrendous voice acting, especially Mary Jane.
- 90% of the series being stock footage.
- No Gwen Stacy.
- No Betty Brant.
- Electro being the Red Skull's son.
- Hobgoblin's super glider designed to sell toys
- Lame dimensional portals.
- Norman Osborn being Kingpin's *****.
- Doc Ock being Kingpin's *****.
- Tombstone's Joker rip-off origin.
- Crappy CGI backgrounds.

It was the 90's. No one cared. Especially us young Spidey fans.

It's 2008 now, why is this new show so dumb?

i gave it a 9 loved the show, yes there was a few things i didnt like but still enjoyed the show alot. But everyone has their own opinion on things.

I understand you didnt like the show much, what did u think was dumb about it?

I really like this show! Besides having Spidey actually fight (which is nice for a change) I like the ongoing plot the show has going on. The animation is fantastic as well, really fluid and colorful.

A few notes I'd like to make:

- Like Liz being hispanic instead of yet another blonde.
- LOVED Vulture's design, especially his eyes. They're like old-school cartoon villian eyes. I loved that.
- Electro super-charging Connor's formula (and thus might be responsible for the Lizard) was pretty nifty.
- Its great to see them utilizing Spidey's fantastic supporting cast. That was something the MTV series sorely lacked.
- The voice acting is very good. I really like Keaton's take on the webhead. Not too old sounding (Like every other Spidey toon) but doesn't sound like a kid. (Ultimate Spider-Man game)

The only gripe I have is that they cropped the show to fullscreen. Hopefully this'll be fixed on the DVDs.

All in all, a pretty damn good start to a potentially great series. Can't wait to see more.

8/10

Alright, just saying you enjoyed Power Rangers destroys credibility. Terrible, terrible, terrible show.

I'm that kind of guy also, but the 90s series still had overly melodramatic writing and terrible animation and horrendous voice acting.

Forgive me, but the guy who made "Gargoyles" has a lot more credibility than the guy who made "Kissyfur"

Why did you ignore all the other shows I said I watched? :huh:

Anyway I'm pointing out how my standards are incredibly low yet I still wasn't wowed out of my underwear here... that's all. Well I've seen shows start poorly and get better over time so here's hoping!!!

If Electro comes back, I really hope they kill the electric nipple thing.

I understand you didnt like the show much, what did u think was dumb about it?

Lots.

-The music sounded like some bad product commercial for spy gear for kids
-Electro's whole..."origin". Happy electrician, in some electric eel room, drops a power drill, shocks himself and gets shocked around electric eels. Making "EELECTRO!"
-Why is Liz Hispanic? Was it Liz? Really? I'm not racist or anything, I just don't appreciate unneeded changes on characters I grew up with. She even talks like she's brand new to this country. Sorry, that just bothers me.
-Vulture was just...yeah. Weird. I hardly get what he was even doing. Maybe I was still too tired. But I didn't like his costume at all.
-Harry looks like a bigger dork than Peter does. What?
-Curt has a robotic arm? I felt more sorry for him with NO arm. That's just a nitpick though, understood.
-Electro "GRR I'M MAD! I CAN'T DRINK COFFEE ANYMORE! I HAVE ELECTRIC THINGS ON MY BODY THAT LOOK LIKE BREASTS! I HAVE A IRON MAN-GAS MASK TYPE THING ON MY HEAD AND LOOK NOTHING LIKE ELECTRO!"
-Eddie is just too nice. He looks like a Flash Thomson to me. Not impressed with his Venom look on the figure either.
-Does that one Enforcer have a mustache or am I seeing things? He looks like a beefed up Mario.
-Too kiddy. Belongs on WB for sure.
-Reminds me of "THE BATMAN", another bad WB show. I loved the 90's toon.
-The character designs are horrid. Spidey looks okay, but the others look bad to me.
-Peter looks like a child. Ben 10 anyone?

Now, there were SOME good things. Some of the action was okay, and I'm okay with Spider-Man's voice. And there were a couple funny things here and there. But other than that, I'm really disappointed. Though, it's not like I had my hopes high for this show anyway.

ok man i understand you. They cant please everyone yes some do not like changes but they hope to apeal to majority of fans to be a sucess. As for villain looks they did say some were getting redesigned and as for vulture being black and red its a look used in one spiderman title and also they wanted to give variety in color scheme of villains since alot of spidey's villains are green. Also about the ethicity thing they wanted to have more diveristy like it is in today's world. Yes i would have liked if they didnt change the people they did but oh well. As for the animation yes the style takes time to get used to but they did it for a variety of reasons. There is a few internviews about it and i think someone else could tell u the reason.

Because we didn't realize how dumb the 90's were, because we were really young and all we thought was, "Holy cow, Spider-Man is cool!". Going back and watching those old episodes, you really see how it wasn't as good as you thought it was, the story was good, but everything else kinda bad.

Yea i loved the early 90s show when i was a little kid and still do when i watch episodes online of it. But now that i am older and understand how shows and entertainment biz work and observing things i see all the bad things that did go on in the show. But still great to watch from time to time and enjoying new show alot.

Because we didn't realize how dumb the 90's were, because we were really young and all we thought was, "Holy cow, Spider-Man is cool!". Going back and watching those old episodes, you really see how it wasn't as good as you thought it was, the story was good, but everything else kinda bad.

And even the stories weren't incredible either and it had some weak character development in some eps too. This already feels like THE Spider-Man show if all episodes are THIS good.

-The music sounded like some bad product commercial for spy gear for kids

While I also didn't care much for the BGM myself (thats one thing the 90s series had on this one.) at least we didn't get HARDCORE RADIOACTIVE RAAAAAR SPIDER-MAN.

-Electro's whole..."origin". Happy electrician, in some electric eel room, drops a power drill, shocks himself and gets shocked around electric eels. Making "EELECTRO!"

Much better than either his Nazi origin in the 90s series (which was beyond ******ed.) and the original "Oops! I got struck by lightning on a telephone pole!" origin, IMO.

-Why is Liz Hispanic? Was it Liz? Really? I'm not racist or anything, I just don't appreciate unneeded changes on characters I grew up with. She even talks like she's brand new to this country. Sorry, that just bothers me.

Do we honestly need another blonde on the show?

-Vulture was just...yeah. Weird. I hardly get what he was even doing. Maybe I was still too tired. But I didn't like his costume at all.

I personally loved his design, especially the eyes. I'm also glad that he isn't green anymore.

-Harry looks like a bigger dork than Peter does. What?

Gotta agree with you there...even though he did look like a bigger dork than Pete did in the comics. :cwink:

-Electro "GRR I'M MAD! I CAN'T DRINK COFFEE ANYMORE! I HAVE ELECTRIC THINGS ON MY BODY THAT LOOK LIKE BREASTS! I HAVE A IRON MAN-GAS MASK TYPE THING ON MY HEAD AND LOOK NOTHING LIKE ELECTRO!"

Even I have to admit that Electro's original design was tacky and well...awful. The suit actually has a purpose and he is much more imposing now. One thing I like to note that he does retain certain qualities of his original design.

-Does that one Enforcer have a mustache or am I seeing things? He looks like a beefed up Mario.

You mean Ox? I liked that he had a 'stache. Reminds me of those old 1920s wrestlers. Gives him a goofy edge. I like that.

-Too kiddy. Belongs on WB for sure.

I'm sure people said that about the 90s Spider-Man back when it debuted. There have been other Spidey shows in the past and people might have preferred those over the 90s toon (Myself included.) just like you're doing now. Nostalgia can be finicky.

But really, its a saturday morning-super hero cartoon and a Spider-Man one at that.

-Peter looks like a child. Ben 10 anyone?

Odd, I think he looks like your average teen. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"