Rate the Premiere! (Survival Of The Fittest and Interactions)

The 1990's show was amazing and I loved it, but this show is staying so much closer to the comics than any other Spdiey cartoon ever. That's one of the reasons this show might be the greatest Spidey animated series there ever has been.

This show is kinda awful. Not TERRIBLE, but not good either. Probably won't continue doing this every Saturday. It's like they took my favorite stuff and crapped on it.

And no one tell me "IT'S FOR KIDS!" because there was NOTHING wrong with the 90's show.

:down

Except the fact that Spider-Man got his ass kicked every five minutes. :yay:

Oh, and that Hobgoblin showed up before Green Goblin.

10. If it keeps this up it'll blow everything else out of the water.

Except the fact that Spider-Man got his ass kicked every five minutes. :yay:

Oh, and that Hobgoblin showed up before Green Goblin.

I can't sit idly by while spidey tas gets sucker punched.

I think this new spidey is ok, not what I expected but it could improve so I won't argue against it too much. and the fact that I'll just get no where with it here...

tas on the other hand is similar to batman tas and of course x-men tas in that it gets more right than it got wrong. Will there ever be a better spidey voice than barnes? I doubt it though everyone is trying to copy his style. To me he is the Kevin Conroy of spiderman.

But even besides that, the episodes that were great were great, beautifully animated and the acting was excellent. Mark skywalker hamill was brilliant, the guy who played JJJ ed asner, loved him... then there was the venom arc which raimi tried to do in spidey 3 but just couldn't. so much more stuff that was just spot on besides some fumbles...

give tas some credit folks. It was a hell of a good interpretation for what it was allowed to be at the time.

I think this new spidey is ok, not what I expected but it could improve so I won't argue against it too much. and the fact that I'll just get no where with it here...

tas on the other hand is similar to batman tas and of course x-men tas in that it gets more right than it got wrong. Will there ever be a better spidey voice than barnes? I doubt it though everyone is trying to copy his style. To me he is the Kevin Conroy of spiderman.

But even besides that, the episodes that were great were great, beautifully animated and the acting was excellent. Mark skywalker hamill was brilliant, the guy who played JJJ ed asner, loved him... then there was the venom arc which raimi tried to do in spidey 3 but just couldn't. so much more stuff that was just spot on besides some fumbles...

give tas some credit folks. It was a hell of a good interpretation for what it was allowed to be at the time.

It was. But that time ended nearly a decade ago. At what point do we move on and embrace newer projects? Or do we just dwell on the past forever?

I'd argue this new series isn't doing anything we haven't seen already. to be honest I'd like to explore the spider-girl stories... (braces self for backlash)

I'd argue this new series isn't doing anything we haven't seen already. to be honest I'd like to explore the spider-girl stories... (braces self for backlash)

Perhaps, but many seem to feel this new series is doing it BETTER. :yay:

And sure; i'd love to see something with Spider-Girl. I've been suggesting a DTDVD movie for quite some time now.

I loved the premiere, it was great!

There's lots of things I liked:
- The jokes were acually funny
- Electro was badass!
- Petes ringtone is the "Itsy Bitsy Spider"

I didn't like Harrys voice though.

Wow, seems like I missed a great spider-man show! Hopefully they'll rerun the premiere, obviously i'll be sure to catch following episodes.

Did anyone else think Electro's containment suit looks like the Scorpion?

Did anyone else think Electro's containment suit looks like the Scorpion?

LOL not really. I'm glad the suit actually served a purpose rather then lookin completely cheesy and be a complete WTF? moment.

I think its better than the 90's cartoon (go back and try watching the 90's cartoon, its really not as good as you remember it)

But I don't really care much for the art style. Oh well, I can look past it.

I like how they've updated a lot of the characters (Liz, Gwen and Eddie Brock in particular)

I thought it was cool that they made Eddie a good guy here and I liked that they hinted at a bit of jealousy from Gwen when Pete was charming Liz.

I hope to see some Pete-Gwen-MJ showdowns later on and Eddie Brock becoming Venom should have a bigger impact on Spidey given the relationship they've shown them to have here.

So in the end, I don't dig the art style, do dig most of the animation, and absolutely love the setting and storytelling they've done.

I'm hopeful for what the future will bring with this.:woot:

Agreed. Although I'm okay with the art style in the show. I also agree that the 90s show is overrated. I mean I love it, it was the Spidey I grew up with, but when I look back on it, it was not that great.

To be honest, I gotta say I loved both episodes. I like the changes they are giving to Eddie Brock. We all know that at some point hes gonna be Venom and hate Peter so it will be interesting to see Brock going down that road. Loved Vulture and Electro. I was a little bit worried when I first saw Electro's suit in the promos but it definitly works. Plus Crispin Freeman being his VA is great, he always does an amazing job.

Giving it a 9

It's good to know so many people are loving this show such as me, Venom 1988, Green Goblin 1964, The Joker_1000, etc. :up:

To be honest, I gotta say I loved both episodes. I like the changes they are giving to Eddie Brock. We all know that at some point hes gonna be Venom and hate Peter so it will be interesting to see Brock going down that road. Loved Vulture and Electro. I was a little bit worried when I first saw his suit in the promos but it definitly works. Plus Crispin Freeman being his VA is great, he always does a great job.

Giving it a 9

Glad you liked it dude! I remember before the show premiered you were a little uncertain about how it would turn out but I'm happy you enjoyed it. Love the writing in this show.:applaud

Glad you liked it dude! I remember before the show premiered you were a little uncertain about how it would turn out but I'm happy you enjoyed it. Love the writing in this show.:applaud
Yea I'm looking forward to next weeks episode :up:

Man, my DVR recorded the first episode but not the second. :cmad:

When will it rerun? Or show up on the website? Or other less honored means?

This show is kinda awful. Not TERRIBLE, but not good either. Probably won't continue doing this every Saturday. It's like they took my favorite stuff and crapped on it.

And no one tell me "IT'S FOR KIDS!" because there was NOTHING wrong with the 90's show.

:down
nothing wrong with this show either

Electro was awesome, great revamp! but idk this such seems too little kiddish. Eddie Brock a nerd? that doesnt fit.
And whats with spidey making all these lame jokes durin battle?
I really hope they dont kill venom with some lame revamp.
And wheres Mary Jane? hahaha we need her!!

i would say give credit to the 90's animated series and SM# yea SM# could have been better but it still rocked. beter than the first two. the only thing i think would make SM3 better is f they made it exactly like the novel.

Electro was awesome, great revamp! but idk this such seems too little kiddish. Eddie Brock a nerd? that doesnt fit.
And whats with spidey making all these lame jokes durin battle?
I really hope they dont kill venom with some lame revamp.
And wheres Mary Jane? hahaha we need her!!

IDK I thought a few of the jokes were actually funny. And I think we can expect a "U just hit the jackpot " scene so be patient.

i would say give credit to the 90's animated series and SM# yea SM# could have been better but it still rocked. beter than the first two. the only thing i think would make SM3 better is f they made it exactly like the novel.

They kind of did but Sony wanted a certain time length to the movie and the editor decided to squish it all together and take out key scenes. I still enjoyed it but it could've been better

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"