Rate the Shang Chi Teaser Trailer

Reaction score
7 rings for me. It looks okay kinda like the Ant-Man movies, but like those movies, I wasn't hyped by the trailer.

Yeah, 7/10 sounds about right to me. Too vague to yet really tell much about plot or characters, but definitely some solid kung fu style.

Man it's nice to have MCU news and new content to discuss.

8/10

9/10 as I'm so excited we got to see it finally. Impressed with the martial arts and stunt work so far. Plus, I'm looking forward to them exploring the Ten Rings and the personal connection between him and the Mandarin/Wenwu.

7 out of 10
It was alright.

I was relieved to see that nobody was ridiculous enough to answer "no rings". But its early.

I wrote 8/10 after several rewatches. But I'll admit I was disappointed and probably felt like 4 or 5 out of 10 at first. I realized I was expecting way too much way too soon. I basically wanted them to show more big shots and for them to basically spell out the entire story for me.

After getting over that I appreciated the trailer a lot more. Music was great and there is enough in there to get excited about but so much more yet to be revealed. I'm definitely liking what I've seen so far and can't wait to see more revealed in the next trailer.

I go with a 6/10, it was a mixed bag for me. I didnt like the teased epic Lord of the Rings in China battle in the trailer or the bus crash in CGI.
Tournament and those grounded fight scenes looks interesting for me.

8/10 which is pretty high for a teaser.

It definitely doubled whatever hype I had for the movie.

Of course my issue is the Marvel trailers often make it out like it will be serious and epic and then I get a joke every five minutes when I sit down in the theater so grain of salt.

IF it is the movie the trailer is advertising then it is in the Cap/Black Panther corner of the MCU, which is when I am most in tune with Marvel product.

To paraphrase Beyonce, I liked it, so I’m going to put ten rings on it

To paraphrase Beyonce, I liked it, so I’m going to put ten rings on it
tenor.gif

7.5 for me. Pretty happy. I want to see as much top level martial arts choreography as possible for this film. It’s a big opportunity to bring those films back into focus.

As someone who knows almost nothing about Shang Chi, the trailer didn't really inform me about what sets Shang Chi apart from other martials movies. I'm sure there will be a comic bookish hook to the whole thing, but the trailer is playing its cards very close to its chest.

Give it an 8/10, plenty of good stuff and its looks like something a bit different for Marvel, just hope the main character is interesting enough to hold the whole movie as I cant say I know that much about him. The action looks good and just hope we get plenty of really good martial arts in the film and much better than the Iron Fist awful show, the fact it has people who worked on The Matrix gives me hope with that and the glimpses in the trailer we got.

The fantasy side I hope is ramped up as well although over CGI could harm it like some other Marvel films, but we shall see, lots to be excited about from the teaser anyway.

5/10

They showed some Martial arts. But nothing there, in this trailer, that got me super jazzed or go take my money. I liked the music choice.

But I got tastes of other different asian movies but nothing that strikes me as unique to this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"