Shang Chi and Iron Fist (SPOILERS)

It definitely felt like there were some elements of Iron Fist borrowed for this movie but certainly no more than what was borrowed from the Mandarin. There's a mystic land in another dimension, but it isn't Kun Lun (and Ta-Lo is from Marvel comics so this isn't Kun Lun with a different name). There's a dragon but the dragon isn't used the same way and Shang-Chi doesn't get his powers from the dragon. The closest we get is there's a comment that he has the heart of a dragon or something like that.

After this movie, it's hard to imagine that Iron Fist could compare. Honestly, if they make him Asian to try to distance himself from the problematic elements, he'll be completely redundant. I suppose they could cast an Asian actor in a Heroes for Hire movie just to avoid questions about why there's a white guy doing martial arts, but I think they can just call him out for his privilege and address it rather than recast and ignore it.
I never understood why in this century, not 1970, a white guy doing martial arts is a thing. Everybody does martial arts as the world now understands the term from sporting mixed martial arts. On MCU screens from Captain America proving he is not just a shield to the Punisher fighting his way out of a jail ambush.

With the rings giving Shang Chi seemingly the same basic power as the immortal iron fist plus more Danny Rand becomes nothing more than War Machine. Same basic power sets but not as good as the other guy.

I think they finally disinfected things after that mess. I loved the fat cobra cameo but I’m happy for Shang to have iron fist’s role in the mcu

I say introduce Iron Fist as Colleen Wing, played by Jessica Henwick. We can just assume that the Netflix series already happened and go on from there. Heck...at this point Danny is shooting guns anyway, so you could go that route or just kill the character off-screen.

I never understood why in this century, not 1970, a white guy doing martial arts is a thing. Everybody does martial arts as the world now understands the term from sporting mixed martial arts. On MCU screens from Captain America proving he is not just a shield to the Punisher fighting his way out of a jail ambush.

With the rings giving Shang Chi seemingly the same basic power as the immortal iron fist plus more Danny Rand becomes nothing more than War Machine. Same basic power sets but not as good as the other guy.

I mean Iron Fist is more than just doing martial arts.

I suspect that like Eternals and the Inhumans, part of the impetus for this may have been just how badly received the Iron Fist TV show was. So they may just have folded some of those elements into Shang-Chi's origin since we probably won't be seeing Danny Rand in the MCU anytime soon.
Eternals was particularly egregious. I loved the film, but there was so many similar themes to Inhumans I could see the door close on them entering the MCU as I watched the film. Not to mention Kamala has no connection to the Inhumans. A little heart breaking as an Inhumans fans.

That being said, Inhumans is easier to curb than than Iron Fist. Feige can only ignore him for so long.

At this point, I say just introduce Iron Fist and Luke Cage together. Especially if there's no guarantee that the Netflix folks come back, beyond Cox since many say or claim that he's in No Way Home. Do a Heroes for Hire film. It'd be a nice change of pace to have a team-up film, rather than on a solo character. Then if it does well, you spin the two off into their individual corners.

Especially with the similarities to Shang-Chi, having Danny partnered with someone else would help differentiate him.
That is an EXCELLENT suggestion. Skip the origin and just have them be a street level super hero "Security firm".

I would definitely like to so see some kind of Ta lo and Kun Lun connection.

And we can't just flush the Iron Fist lore down the toilet. It's not just Danny Rand were losing, it's Orson Randall, Wu Ao-Shi, Fan Fei etc.

Eternals was particularly egregious. I loved the film, but there was so many similar themes to Inhumans I could see the door close on them entering the MCU as I watched the film. Not to mention Kamala has no connection to the Inhumans. A little heart breaking as an Inhumans fans.

That being said, Inhumans is easier to curb than than Iron Fist. Feige can only ignore him for so long.

No one care Iron Fist except fans. People on street no care and do no want care. I ask much to people if they care iron fist and always get No. i ask, I get no. Always on Iron Fist; no one care. No one care for poor Finn Jone. Will he keep role for MCU debut

Bring em' back, recast or not and call it "Fist&Cage" or "Cage&Fist" with the Heroes For Hire subtitle.

Um, your going to have to explain that one. Because I've seen Eternals, and I can't really see it, even by trying.

Um, your going to have to explain that one. Because I've seen Eternals, and I can't really see it, even by trying.

*Super powered family unit

*Created by a higher alien species

*Different off shoots of other version of there kinds on other planets (That's a egregious change from the Eternals comics)

People were already struggling with Inhumans sharing the same space as mutants. Eternals makes things even more difficult.

I personally don't care, but casual fans might think it's redundant.

He sucked in MK but Lewis Tan should definitely be looked at for Danny Rand.
I know I'm late to this, but

zMwpdsr.gif

:oldrazz:

Everyone sucks in that dull movie, even everyone's favorite; Kano.
I kinda liked Kung Lao when he defeated Nitara.

Yeah no to Lewis Tan as Iron Fist. He wasn't good for his one scene in Iron Fist, and he wasn't good in Mortal Kombat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"