1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Voting is now over! Stay tuned for the awards ceremony!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Shang Chi and Iron Fist (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings' started by WBwins, Sep 4, 2021.

1. SPO2 Dalisay Rebel in exile, again.

I never understood why in this century, not 1970, a white guy doing martial arts is a thing. Everybody does martial arts as the world now understands the term from sporting mixed martial arts. On MCU screens from Captain America proving he is not just a shield to the Punisher fighting his way out of a jail ambush.

With the rings giving Shang Chi seemingly the same basic power as the immortal iron fist plus more Danny Rand becomes nothing more than War Machine. Same basic power sets but not as good as the other guy.

2. Silvermoth Krakoan native

I think they finally disinfected things after that mess. I loved the fat cobra cameo but I’m happy for Shang to have iron fist’s role in the mcu

3. Heretic Registered

I say introduce Iron Fist as Colleen Wing, played by Jessica Henwick. We can just assume that the Netflix series already happened and go on from there. Heck...at this point Danny is shooting guns anyway, so you could go that route or just kill the character off-screen.

4. TheVileOne Registered

I mean Iron Fist is more than just doing martial arts.

eon001 likes this.
  5. eon001 Registered

Eternals was particularly egregious. I loved the film, but there was so many similar themes to Inhumans I could see the door close on them entering the MCU as I watched the film. Not to mention Kamala has no connection to the Inhumans. A little heart breaking as an Inhumans fans.

That being said, Inhumans is easier to curb than than Iron Fist. Feige can only ignore him for so long.

6. eon001 Registered

That is an EXCELLENT suggestion. Skip the origin and just have them be a street level super hero "Security firm".

I would definitely like to so see some kind of Ta lo and Kun Lun connection.

And we can't just flush the Iron Fist lore down the toilet. It's not just Danny Rand were losing, it's Orson Randall, Wu Ao-Shi, Fan Fei etc.

7. thangaran Registered

No one care Iron Fist except fans. People on street no care and do no want care. I ask much to people if they care iron fist and always get No. i ask, I get no. Always on Iron Fist; no one care. No one care for poor Finn Jone. Will he keep role for MCU debut

8. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Bring em' back, recast or not and call it "Fist&Cage" or "Cage&Fist" with the Heroes For Hire subtitle.

9. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Um, your going to have to explain that one. Because I've seen Eternals, and I can't really see it, even by trying.

10. eon001 Registered

*Super powered family unit

*Created by a higher alien species

*Different off shoots of other version of there kinds on other planets (That's a egregious change from the Eternals comics)

People were already struggling with Inhumans sharing the same space as mutants. Eternals makes things even more difficult.

I personally don't care, but casual fans might think it's redundant.

11. Spider-Aziz Dummy Dragon Holo

I know I'm late to this, but

[​IMG]

:oldrazz:

Everyone sucks in that dull movie, even everyone's favorite; Kano.
    I kinda liked Kung Lao when he defeated Nitara.

12. TheVileOne Registered

Yeah no to Lewis Tan as Iron Fist. He wasn't good for his one scene in Iron Fist, and he wasn't good in Mortal Kombat.