Justice League Ray Fisher Is Victor Stone/Cyborg

Imagine the chaos that would take place at Marvel Studios if Feige were to be accused of the same behavior.
I'm not so sure, look at how quick people are to jump to a billion dollar corporation like WB's defense when a decent chunk of them don't even like their movies. It would be so easy for Marvel to sweep something like that under the rug because people would do anything to keep those movies going as is.

Feige can get away with serial murder at this point.

I have no trouble believing that WB would deliberately hire a third party who, from the outset, has decided they will conclude WB to be in the right.
That their investigation was never intended to do anything but make WB look good.

If Fisher were to discover this was the case, what would be the best course of action?
To continue working with an investigator who is acting in bad faith, or to call it out and ask for a fair hearing?

I'm not so sure, look at how quick people are to jump to a billion dollar corporation like WB's defense when a decent chunk of them don't even like their movies. It would be so easy for Marvel to sweep something like that under the rug because people would do anything to keep those movies going as is.

Its easy to say you hate a billion dollar corporation and that we should stand by Ray Fisher but in the meantime you will all continue to give WB your money and support. I don't see anyone around here taking any sort of stand against the WB besides calling them liars.

I mean yeah, this is what Ray is recommending as he doesn’t believe the investigation to be above board.

Yes. And various other communications from Ray have indicated that the investigator wasn’t impartial, which they should be. And that’s why he’s unwilling to work with them, which is his right.[/QUOTE]

I have no trouble believing that WB would deliberately hire a third party who, from the outset, has decided they will conclude WB to be in the right.
That their investigation was never intended to do anything but make WB look good.

If Fisher were to discover this was the case, what would be the best course of action?
To continue working with an investigator who is acting in bad faith, or to call it out and ask for a fair hearing?

It's not a judge, though.

It's an investigator/investigation firm.

Their job is not to make the determinatioin, it's to document things so that WB itself can review and make a determination based on the information provided.

And WB, by virtue of hiring the investigator, will effectively decide which witnesses it wants interviewed, ignored, etc.

And Ray would always have an opportunity to contest the findings and WB's determination. WB is not obligated to change investigators/firms, or do a subsequent investigation anyway.

Yes. And various other communications from Ray have indicated that the investigator wasn’t impartial, which they should be. And that’s why he’s unwilling to work with them, which is his right.

It's not a judge, though.

It's an investigator/investigation firm.

Their job is not to make the determinatioin, it's to document things so that WB itself can review and make a determination based on the information provided.

And WB, by virtue of hiring the investigator, will effectively decide which witnesses it wants interviewed, ignored, etc.

And Ray would always have an opportunity to contest the findings and WB's determination. WB is not obligated to change investigators/firms, or do a subsequent investigation anyway.[/QUOTE]

So, if Fisher determines the investigation shows a clear bias and is deliberately ignoring important witnesses, do you think he should just go along with it?
If he believes it is not an honest attempt to discover the truth, but an attempt to undermine the truth, should he continue to assist it?
Why would he play the game if he thinks it is rigged against him?

Yeah I ain't going in circles over this anymore. If you think an investigation is working against you, the obvious move is not to participate. This isn't even worth arguing.

Feige can get away with serial murder at this point.

VictoriousWhiteArmednylonshrimp-size_restricted.gif

Not to derail the controversy talk but just as aside comment about Fisher, the man has a beautiful naturally smooth voice. I think this kid could have a fruitful voice acting career if he wanted.

Yes. And various other communications from Ray have indicated that the investigator wasn’t impartial, which they should be. And that’s why he’s unwilling to work with them, which is his right.

Judge, jury and executioner without hearing a single testimony from the defendant. American justice. Don't you love it?

Pretty sure if you were groped at the workplace, and the employer hires a third party investigator, then you realize he’s either tight with the employer or has no interest on hearing your side of the story or your colleagues’, you could waste months to see the verdict come out and give bystanders impression that you’re a drama queen, or ask for a new investigator now and have a rockstar colleague coming out to back your case.

Ray chose the later, and we will see how it plays out. People saying he shouldn’t ask for a change must have absolutely no experience dealing with dodgy agents or community members in real life

WB could play the psych game by asking Ray, who do you see fit to investigate, then Ray will have no moral grounds to stand on if he accuses of an unfair investigation again

Pretty sure if you were groped at the workplace, and the employer hires a third party investigator, then you realize he’s either tight with the employer or has no interest on hearing your side of the story or your colleagues’, you could waste months to see the verdict come out and give bystanders impression that you’re a drama queen, or ask for a new investigator now and have a rockstar colleague coming out to back your case.

Ray chose the later, and we will see how it plays out. People saying he shouldn’t ask for a change must have absolutely no experience dealing with dodgy agents or community members in real life

WB could play the psych game by asking Ray, who do you see fit to investigate, then Ray will have no moral grounds to stand on if he accuses of an unfair investigation again
It's like people WANT to believe that he is wrong. I have seen this in my work place and know how this works. And again, it's not like it's far fetched because Whedon is known to be an ass and have had numerous actors complain about it but it just seems since race is mentioned that people want to immediately dismiss this.

The tricky thing is, morality and what we tolerate exists on a hierarchy. If Joss and Johns were "merely" a-holes, abusing their positions of authority, then people can criticize them for that, perhaps consequences are handed down, maybe it leads to more people speaking up, and so on, but it's not necessarily illegal or among the worst things a person can do on a scale of bad things.

But once a person accuses someone of sexual abuse or sexual inappropriateness of some kind, physical abuse, or racism, that's on a whole different level. Things get a lot uglier on that tier of wrongdoing (though the first 2 above are on an even higher tier than racism and sexism).

Personally, when it was just condemnation of Joss and Johns on a level of being jerks and unprofessional, abusing their power and what not, that didn't surprise me. The race claims took me by surprise not only because of the implications of it, but also because to put that out there without also showing some evidence is a vary dangerous game. I'm not saying Fisher shouldn't pursue that line if he genuinely things racism was involved and he has at least some way to back it up (which isn't easy, unfortunately), but to say some of that in an article interview brings all this to a whole new level.

It's like people WANT to believe that he is wrong. I have seen this in my work place and know how this works. And again, it's not like it's far fetched because Whedon is known to be an ass and have had numerous actors complain about it but it just seems since race is mentioned that people want to immediately dismiss this.

Who are the numerous actors who have complained about Whedon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"