Justice League Ray Fisher - WB Investigation Updates Thread

Wonder if this would really end up blacklisting him for good, or if it's just another case of "lay low for a few years and get your redemption story" thing that Hollywood tends to be so utterly infatuated with. Sadly it's not exactly a secret that Whedon was a pr!ck to his cast members way before this whole thing blew up last year. For that reason alone I could never buy into his woke feminist schtick. But Hollywood doesn't tend to permanently blacklist people unless it's related to racism or sexual abuse. And even that is no guarantee, I mean look at our old pal Mel. He was as disgraced as pretty much any filmmaker can be in Hollywood, but he came back and got nominated for a whole bunch of awards. Hollywood always loves the come back story and I think that unless it's on a Weinstein level, Whedon would end up being another example of "I made mistakes, I'm terribly sorry, can we move on now cause I need to pay my bills?"

Wonder if this would really end up blacklisting him for good, or if it's just another case of "lay low for a few years and get your redemption story" thing that Hollywood tends to be so utterly infatuated with. Sadly it's not exactly a secret that Whedon was a pr!ck to his cast members way before this whole thing blew up last year. For that reason alone I could never buy into his woke feminist schtick. But Hollywood doesn't tend to permanently blacklist people unless it's related to racism or sexual abuse. And even that is no guarantee, I mean look at our old pal Mel. He was as disgraced as pretty much any filmmaker can be in Hollywood, but he came back and got nominated for a whole bunch of awards. Hollywood always loves the come back story and I think that unless it's on a Weinstein level, Whedon would end up being another example of "I made mistakes, I'm terribly sorry, can we move on now cause I need to pay my bills?"

I don't see this permanently blacklisting Whedon.

Not that I approve of Mel Gibson but his talent is a cut above Joss Whedon.

Joss only has a way back if he's still talented enough to produce something compelling and I don't think he has that in him. He peaked with Buffy 20 years ago and since then he's been making a living based on that rep where he seemingly managed an ensemble well. Now we know the truth about that.

Whedon’s finished after this, his career was already in the gutter but now it’s dead

Wonder if Sarah Michelle Gellar will say anything one way or the other. She would obviously be the biggest voice in this.

I think Gellar was also kind of a diva/jerk at times on the Buffy set so I'm not sure she'd say much.

Not that I approve of Mel Gibson but his talent is a cut above Joss Whedon.

Joss only has a way back if he's still talented enough to produce something compelling and I don't think he has that in him. He peaked with Buffy 20 years ago and since then he's been making a living based on that rep where he seemingly managed an ensemble well. Now we know the truth about that.

Firefly is considered one of the best sci-fi shows, with one of the strongest fanbases. He also played his part in Avengers' immense success. Cabin in the Woods had a cult following too. The guy was clearly a very talented storyteller and even though his latest movies and choices have been pretty bad, he could very much still be. I guess Season One of The Nevers will show if he still got it.

And as long as there aren't any racist and sexual allegations I think he'll return to show business at some point. Not any time soon, though.

I believe just about everything Charisma Carpenter said. This has not been a greatly kept secret over the last 15 years.

The reason I believe her is she cited specific incidents and examples. And I mean...we know this happened. It's fairly well documented. Carpenter clearly swallowed her pride and let it slide for years because for a time Whedon was one of the most powerful guys in town.

The other reason I believe it is the letter from his ex-wife detailing his issues. Granted, they were very likely going through a painful divorce, but there's clearly a pattern of behavior here.

hasn' Charisma Carpenter already said what she said there a few years back? i'm sure i have read this story before. maybe it came from different source i don't remember.

hasn' Charisma Carpenter already said what she said there a few years back? i'm sure i have read this story before. maybe it came from different source i don't remember.

Her comments before were pretty vague. I think the biggest red flag here is Whedon pressuring her to abort her baby for the show.

There's a month left until the Snyder Cut hits so I wonder what else is going to happen until then. lol

On the same note, as the resident pot stirrer here I should point out that while Carpenter had never gone into such detail about her past experience before, as it was pointed out already, her issues with Whedon's awful treatment of her have been well-known for years. So why come out with this right now? Yesterday Ray tweets about Hamada owing an apology for trying to obstruct the investigation, the following day she posts about her horrible experience with Whedon while making sure to point out that she participated in the investigation. I don't really get that by the way, how can you participate in an investigation about a production you weren't remotely associated with, just because you worked with the one being investigated 15+ years ago. Does that mean the rest of the Buffy/Angel cast or even the Firefly cast participated in the investigation too. There's also the part where she mentions the last straw for her decision to speak out was Ray's firing from The Flash, when he was "fired" because he publicly refused to participate with any DC production associated with Hamada. He was in negotiations to appear in the movie before and even during this whole mess first blew up last summer, so how was he fired when he publicly quit. Or am I missing something here.

Will Gellar really be forever associated with Whedon. I think she had a rather respectable post-Buffy career.

I wonder what will happen now. Joss has already been fired from WB and i don't believe he has anything lined up anywhere. I guess they want to make sure People know the type of person he is and they must be hoping to destroy his career. i could be wrong.

I thought the attention had shifted to Hamada. I don't have a anything in this but it is very interesting to wtch.

I wonder what will happen now. Joss has already been fired from WB and i don't believe he has anything lined up anywhere. I guess they want to make sure People know the type of person he is and they must be hoping to destroy his career. i could be wrong.

I thought the attention had shifted to Hamada. I don't have a anything in this but it is very interesting to wtch.

OR they're just sharing their experience in the hopes of making the toxic work culture of Hollywood better?

Will Gellar really be forever associated with Whedon. I think she had a rather respectable post-Buffy career.

Scooby, I Know What You Did Last Summer. Also Star Wars voice acting, but mostly raising her family it seems.

That's true, but Cruel Intentions is the first thing I think of when I hear Gellar, but I wasn't into Buffy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"