Justice League Ray Porter IS Uxas/Darkseid

Not gonna lie this is dope AF.

Zack-Snyders-Justice-League-footage-Darkseid-looms-over-Wonder-Woman-990x518.png
So the new bald bastah

Even the painting itself is creeping me out a little. That's a job well done of establishing a villain.

Those few sequences that tease him are probably the best I've ever seen to tease a villain without showing them. It was just a unique approach. They don't just talk about him, the thematics of evil and power are woven into the tease.

And it's all done visually: the painting leering down at Diana, her frightened reaction. All executed perfectly. :up:

Ray Porter is one of my favorite Audiobook narrators so I'm excited to hear what he does with the role.

And it's all done visually: the painting leering down at Diana, her frightened reaction. All executed perfectly. :up:

I imagine much like the start of Wonder Woman where she stood the story of how they defeated Ares, she grew up with this story about Uxas too.

That doesn't look like she's familiar with the story at all. More like she's discovering something that was hidden away for a long time.

Diana knew about the invasion, so I highly doubt Hippolyta hasn't at the very least told her of the ancient Apokolips insurgence. Plus, her reaction comes across as odd if she's never heard of Uxas/Darkseid before.

im really excited for darkesid, but i really hope its not just false advertising by Snyder.
like he's just there for 1 or 2 scenes (historical one) and supposedly the end when he show up in a boom tube. and dissapeard

im really excited for darkesid, but i really hope its not just false advertising by Snyder.
like he's just there for 1 or 2 scenes (historical one) and supposedly the end when he show up in a boom tube. and dissapeard

I sincerely think there won't be more. Unless they decide to shoot new scenes of course. But what would it be ?
Darkseid vs the league ? Even a fight with him ending victorious would be way too rushed... Just other scenes developping his background ? Ok but would it be really relevant to the main plot without starting to convoluted it ? I don't think so.

The thing is the history lesson and an apperance at the end of the movie is the perfect amount of Darkseid to let the audience know that he's out there. It shoud stay as is and we have to be patient for the next move on this universe and characters, if everything works.

Last edited:
That's exactly what it is. If you're expecting Darkseid to have a major role in the movie (as well as him fighting the JL), you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

He'll still have some sizable enough screentime though.

he'll be like sauron in the lord of the rings.
his presence is felt but he's never really seen in action, except for the history lesson portion.
i can dig that.

and i think zack's gonna be taking a page from the first lotr move intro for the history lesson:

That's exactly what it is. If you're expecting Darkseid to have a major role in the movie (as well as him fighting the JL), you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

He'll still have some sizable enough screentime though.

Darkseid is never more badass than when he's not doing anything.

As much as I wanna see him go toe to toe with Superman, seeing that extended History Lesson sequence with him battling those legendary Gods like Zeus and Ares will more than quench my appetite. I think thats worth the price of admission.

I always thought that Dennis Dexter Haysbert could've done a good Darkseid, the only problem is his age(66) but with make up I think that will fix the problem at one part but I don't know when the action comes, the moves, the fights, etc.

But this guy is a good descent actor and has the presence, the height and most impressive the voice.

*shoots down need to correct people misspelling decent with descent*

He'd be an alright choice, but I'm still very much curious what Ray Porter will bring.

...rough vid of end scene described by Zack and his sketch and description of JL seeing Darkseid and "family through the Boomtube...
Very rough but we have a bit of a wait for the real thing.

darkseid-gif-small-gif.1317735

snyder darkseid sketch.jpg snyder darkseid sketch.jpg

Last edited:
I mean... clearly Ray Porter is a Damion Poitier situation right? They would have gotten a name actor for sure to play him if they moved ahead with a sequel.

Question, who was it that confirmed the history lesson was over 10 mins long? Was it Snyder?

I mean... clearly Ray Porter is a Damion Poitier situation right? They would have gotten a name actor for sure to play him if they moved ahead with a sequel.
Except Damion Poitier didn't exactly have dialogue or more than one minute of screentime.
Question, who was it that confirmed the history lesson was over 10 mins long? Was it Snyder?
I remember him saying it was a good chunk, but not ten minutes, so not sure.

Uh... no he didn't? I only recall him playing Thanos in the first Avengers end credits scene, and he definitely didn't have any dialogue then. Unless there's something I'm missing, I don't know what you're referring to.

You're right. I'm thinking of the other guys who says "fighting them would be courting death" or something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"