RE5 Gameplay

I actually like the RE style health. I never would've thought it, but my cousins from Cali(go figure) pointed out that the plants looked like marijuana. Turns out Leon just smokes weed all the time so he doesn't feel the pain!:yay:

Leon's a tool. I want CLAIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll get your Claire fix, but you might have to wait for RE6. Who knows, maybe she'll be the hot chick helping you out like Ada was in 2 and 4. I prefer Jill myself.

Im just glad they are goin back to Chris. Chris Redfield IS Resident Evil.

No way. Ark Thompson IS Resident Evil. No one can match his insanely good dialogue like "We'll keep flying til we run out of gas."

Like I said, I only had a quick go.

Why not move yourself with the wii mote, and move your target reticule and fire with the nunchuk?

That would be awful. How would you even move forward? The wii-mote is supposed to act as a light gun, which it does here, and then the nunchuck is for moving. It's the perfect set up for it.

Fair point, like I said, I barely dabble with the Wii.

I don't know, I just associate the bigger heavier pad with the person, and the lighter, smaller nunchuk with the button where a trigger would be (rather than on the back of the wiimote) on a gun.

I'll admit I just haven't had chance to get into the scheme yet (FFS, I wasn't even in the central village yet - 2 mins in) so yeah.

A mix...some new and some old would be great.

Am I the only one who wishes Capcom would implement dual-stick control this time around? I loved RE4, but not being able to move while I shoot seems like it'll feel like kind of a drag after Gears of War and Uncharted...

Am I the only one who wishes Capcom would implement dual-stick control this time around? I loved RE4, but not being able to move while I shoot seems like it'll feel like kind of a drag after Gears of War and Uncharted...

Yea, i get what ur saying, but Capcom did that for a reason. They felt it would make for more suspense if you had to set and shoot, they also didnt want the game to go too over the top with action. With all the action RE4 had, they still wanted it to be Resident Evil. I for one enjoyed the control scheme, i mean every firefight i was in, id find my self frantically turning around to see if i was about to get attacked from the back. I would tho like some new options when it comes to controls tho. Id like them to add some like defensive maneuvers or something like that.

Yeah, I don't want it to become a full blown run and gun game. As for defensive maneuvers, it looks like they're implementing a dodge, which is going to be extremely useful. :heart: This is prolly going to be the best game ever. :o

I understand that it would be lame if RE turned into a run-and-gun game. However, I think that it would be nice if you at least had some limited movement while in aiming mode like what many post-RE4 third person action games have had (like Gears and Uncharted). I'm somewhat on the fence as to the possibility of blind-firing, because I think that Resident Evil should be more about conserving ammunition and making each shot count. I do not think you should be able to just run around guns ablaze like in Gears of War or Uncharted though, because the thing that makes RE different is that the enemies do not shoot back, which would make frag-fests so one-sided that it'd be lame.

As long as they keep the slower, more realistic pace though, and make sure there's plenty of enemies to keep things tough, I'd be okay with them using a more modern two-stick control scheme, and allowing for some movement while in aiming mode (nothing that would interrupt Chris's steady aiming, though). And for the purists, maybe they could throw in "classic" controls that play more like RE4's single-stick setup, and use the right stick for movement while aiming.

Well, I just beat RE4 on pro for my third system (Wii version). Definately my favorite version of the game, though I found quick turning a little harder. I'm glad I waited for this version at the ened of the day. I couldn't tell you how many billions of times I've completed it on the whole now.

Yeah, I don't want it to become a full blown run and gun game. As for defensive maneuvers, it looks like they're implementing a dodge, which is going to be extremely useful. :heart: This is prolly going to be the best game ever. :o
they had dodge in RE3 and took it out bc they felt it made teh game too easy. Im not sure if they will put it back

I started playing RE4 on the PC last year after playing through RE CV, Zero and Remake. I only did first two sections. I really need to go back to that game

PC version is the worst. Buy the PS2 version.

they had dodge in RE3 and took it out bc they felt it made teh game too easy. Im not sure if they will put it back

I started playing RE4 on the PC last year after playing through RE CV, Zero and Remake. I only did first two sections. I really need to go back to that game

Don't you remember the extended E3 trailer? :huh:

[YT]nH5TnjXXPYg[/YT]

Around the 1:50 mark. :up: The gameplay has been revamped since RE3 dude.

PC version is the worst. Buy the PS2 version.
No its not. I think its the best version before teh Wii, which I havent played. There's no advantage that hte PS2 has over the PC. PC has much better graphics, tons of mods and all the PS2 extras. Its the best package
Don't you remember the extended E3 trailer? :huh:

Around the 1:50 mark. :up: The gameplay has been revamped since RE3 dude.

I guess its been so long since we've seen anything that I forgot. Thanks for the clip

I hope the PS3 doesn't get a cheap version of RE5.

I refuse to belive the 360 is more powerful!

I just wanted to see a list of what everyone wants for the new RE. I know there hasn't been any info in awhile, but with DMC4 done, maybe they'll release some new stuff. This is what I want for RE5.
1. Real-time weapon change: but not every weapon like UT, just maybe three, and you could switch which ones in the briefcase.
2. Movement when shooting: The speed in GOW would be fine.
3. Way more creepy moments like all the Regenerator appearances, and the chainsaw man, just throw big tough guys at me with some creepy music and I'm good. Or a bunch of people, since apparently RE5 wil have thirty people against you at times, whilst RE4 could only manage like eight. And have them run, because the Ganados walked alot more than they ran, which annoyed me.
4. An old-school difficulty setting. It would be the cheapest way to appease hardcore fans, just halve the ammo so dodging zombies to save bullets is necessary again. I guess gamers would just have to improvise again to get their scares. Like for RE4 you could do an all-knife run, only using the pistol when long range was needed, no knife run so you end up wasting your bullets on crates, no merchant run so you only get two rocket launchers, the pistol and shotgun, and the Broken Butterfly if you backtrack(can't get this one down, the leather fetish El Gigante is too powerful), no upgrade run, so all the weapons are weak and have ****ty reload times, clip sizes, etc., and maybe more I can't think of.
5. Retool the enemy animations, it looks like all they did was switch skins, the walking, throwing and swinging animations were all recycled.
6. Have them try to eat you AND beat you down, a la 28 Weeks Later, when the dad beats on his wife and chews on her throat all at the same time. Just knocking you down to the ground isn't good enough.

I want all this to happen, but there is a good chance only five will work. I'm a realist though, so that's just me. What does everyone else think?

Perfect..I agree with all. But this is what I want:

1. The thing that made Tyrant, Mr.X and Nemesis scary wasn't that they were big but that they were a silent creature with intense stregnth and skill. And in the case of Mr.X and Nemesis it was unknown whether they could understand what they were doing to you. Nemesis almost laughed at Jill in one scene. (When he shoots down the helicopter, he could have easily just aimed at Jill and Carlos...he wanted to toy with her). So they should bring in an enemy like that. Something that haunts you and shows up after "dying"...
2. Another thing about the older games that made them scary was the fact that there were a lot of red herrings...Like Nemesis and Mr.X would "die" in a pool of their own blood. So if you never played the game before, you'd go "Oh hey I killed him..That was tough be he wasn't so bad" and then you run into Nemesis again and you're like "ACK!" So they should make it so that the game tricks you with certain things.
3. Bring back the merchant, but maybe you could flesh out some story on him/them. Maybe in this game have a female merchant?
4. After Umbrella Chronicles I'm almost certain that Jill, Rebecca and/or Barry will return in this game. I'd rather have Jill.
5. Stand still shooting. Part of the difficulty is that you can't move. But it makes the most realistic sense, that you wouldn't fire while moving. As someone mentioned, you could miss your shot and the characters are trying to CONSERVE ammo not waste it. But not just that, they're throwing $#!7 at you. Would you turn your back to an axe?
6. Lose the type writer. No one really cares at all. It's not referanced in the movies, people don't really mention it. It's there to be resident evil's "thing" but it more goes ignored and seems out of place at times. In a high tech lab, why would there be a type writer. Chris should save his place at computers. I guess for this game you could keep it...it is africa.
7. Bring back some of the cheesy lines and weird camera angles...Being made fun of and played is better then becoming something generic that fades away.

"But CF...The game is in third person:over the shoulder. How can you have camera angles?"

Well this is something that realisticly will NOT happen but would be cool if it did...But, have the whole game in "early Resident Evil" style predetermined camera angles. But you can select third person over the shoulder from the option menu. So you can pick these creepy set angles or chose to play in the modern style.

. Maybe in this game have a female merchant?

Um why?

6. Lose the type writer. No one really cares at all. It's not referenced in the movies, people don't really mention it. It's there to be resident evil's "thing" but it more goes ignored and seems out of place at times. In a high tech lab, why would there be a type writer. Chris should save his place at computers. I guess for this game you could keep it...it is africa.

Well for starters, the movies were HORRID takes on the game and should never be mentioned in reference to the games. Do yourself a favor and just erase those monstrosity's from your mind. As for losing the typewriters, yea i can see that, i mean they've done away with ink ribbons so they might as well come up with a new save system, but DONT let us save at any time, that was one of the things that made Resident Evil thrilling. And as much as i found my self screaming obscenities for Capcom not letting me save at will, i wouldn't want them to add that feature.

7. Bring back some of the cheesy lines and weird camera angles...Being made fun of and played is better then becoming something generic that fades away.

No, this just doesn't need to happen, especially the poor/cheesy dialog. As for the camera angles, I'm a bit torn. I love what they have done with RE4, but i also loved the camera from the original Resident Evil games. I actually wouldn't doubt if at some point in the game they put us in the position to use that classic camera style, like they didn't with Ashley in RE4.

Yes the movies were horrid, but I mean that in the fact that no one really cares about the type writer. Like for instance Silent Hill, a lot of the story has to do with the flashlight. They even kept the flashlight in the movie. It was a fan favorite item. Like if you did a parody of SH you'd need a flashlight.

If you did a spoof of Fatal Frame, you'd need a camera or to reference film in some way.

In that way, you can do RE without type writers. Not just that but also...you N-E-V-E-R (!!!) see a type writer in an FMV. It's a SHEER gameplay element only. The green herbs are more of RE's "thing" than the type writer. People have joked in the past that the herb was pot. In the movies, the movies were bad, but still in the movie Carlos smokes a "blunt" before the movie ends.

I mean even Umbrella Chronicles lost the type writer and it was still a fun RE game. But what did they keep? Green herbs.

This is what I'd do..

Have wounded members of BSCAA or whatever his team is called spread randomly throughout the game. They'd be severely wounded to the point where they can't move and they've blocaded themselves in certain rooms or areas.

These teammates are trying to dial into HQ to make contact with their base. If you give your "report" to them then it can be filed and sent in to tell HQ what happened. I.E. saving your progress...

This would serve several real time and in game purposes.

1. It would explain while save rooms/areas are always safe for you. Because your team mate is there with ammo to kill anything that enters. (You would never actually see this, but that would be the reasoning.)
2. It would explain why you're "saving". ("My name is Agent Chris Redfield. It is Day 2 of my being trapped here. I have not found..." etc)
3. Maybe you could use this to replace the item chest. Your team mates in random areas might give you random things. Like one guy might have magnum to give you, some chick might have a first aid spray.
4. It would give interesting dialog.
5. It'd be so much more realistic in many ways.
-Who randomly starts typing the recent events of their life onto type writers?
-Why was Leon sent in alone? Wouldn't the President of the friggin USA send at LEAST 5 people? Some incognito? And even if -just- Leon went in to retrieve her, wouldn't they have sent three helicopters and some ground troops with machine guns and other weapons to back him up when he confirmed her whereabouts to Hunnigan? The same question will be asked of Chris.

1. The thing that made Tyrant, Mr.X and Nemesis scary wasn't that they were big but that they were a silent creature with intense stregnth and skill. And in the case of Mr.X and Nemesis it was unknown whether they could understand what they were doing to you. Nemesis almost laughed at Jill in one scene. (When he shoots down the helicopter, he could have easily just aimed at Jill and Carlos...he wanted to toy with her). So they should bring in an enemy like that. Something that haunts you and shows up after "dying"...
2. Another thing about the older games that made them scary was the fact that there were a lot of red herrings...Like Nemesis and Mr.X would "die" in a pool of their own blood. So if you never played the game before, you'd go "Oh hey I killed him..That was tough be he wasn't so bad" and then you run into Nemesis again and you're like "ACK!" So they should make it so that the game tricks you with certain things.
3. Bring back the merchant, but maybe you could flesh out some story on him/them. Maybe in this game have a female merchant?
4. After Umbrella Chronicles I'm almost certain that Jill, Rebecca and/or Barry will return in this game. I'd rather have Jill.
5. Stand still shooting. Part of the difficulty is that you can't move. But it makes the most realistic sense, that you wouldn't fire while moving. As someone mentioned, you could miss your shot and the characters are trying to CONSERVE ammo not waste it. But not just that, they're throwing $#!7 at you. Would you turn your back to an axe?
6. Lose the type writer. No one really cares at all. It's not referanced in the movies, people don't really mention it. It's there to be resident evil's "thing" but it more goes ignored and seems out of place at times. In a high tech lab, why would there be a type writer. Chris should save his place at computers. I guess for this game you could keep it...it is africa.

"But CF...The game is in third person:over the shoulder. How can you have camera angles?"

Well this is something that realisticly will NOT happen but would be cool if it did...But, have the whole game in "early Resident Evil" style predetermined camera angles. But you can select third person over the shoulder from the option menu. So you can pick these creepy set angles or chose to play in the modern style.

Not try to start something, but I doubt it would be hard for an experienced black ops type guy to walk slowly and shoot at the same time. I'm talking Gears slow, and if they can actually get the infected to run(which is something that wasn't done in the trailer), then it would be even scarier then shambling enemies you couldn't see because of the horrible camera angles. I'm talking like everyone be crimson heads, thats just overkill if you have to stand there while they sprint towards you. And old schoool camera angles would be a nice option, but it might be hard with such an open environment. I wonder how the settings will be, cuz we've basically only seen a small town so far, I wonder if they'll switch it up. I don't see a castle this time around, and I don't know where Haiti is exactly, but I don't see an island fortress either. Maybe something underground; lots of confined corridors would be a nice tribute to past games. I'd like to see them bring back some favorites, like Regenerators, Lickers, and Hunters. That would be awesome.:woot:

P.S. Looks like they got my memo about more than five characters models for the enemies.

And good going Master Chief, I watched the vid you posted, and this is the first time I noticed that, at the parrt where everyone is coming for you and you see the asian zombie, some of them are actually running at you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"