RE5 Gameplay

The Wii version gives you just the edge you need. Leon's the only one its a real challenge with.

Those blind chainsaw instant kill guys still scare the crap outta me though. :(

You might see it as a cheap way to up the scares but it's effective, and with the gameplay formula of the RE series I'm extremely happy with it. I still remember in RE4 when Ashley has to turn the cylinder things, and you have to protect her and yourself from Zealots trying to take her and kill you. And this probably goes without saying, but the standoff in the house with the villagers pouring in through every window. That'd be in my top 10 memorable game moments if I were to compile a list.

I get the realism factor but a lot of game restrictions in general work, especially with Resident Evil's combat system. Not to get too technical here but firing a gun ain't as easy as pulling on pants; Not to mention the effects of adrenaline and whatnot. I doubt I'm alone on this but I think having to stand and shoot is something that's at the core of the gameplay of this franchise, and I don't mind it at all.

I understand what you're saying, but I still don't see it as more than Capcom being lazy and making it a core by just deciding not to evolve. I wish they would make it an option, so those who want to have cement feet when they're aiming can do it that wqay. I'd even settle for what someone said earlier about being able to move while you aim, and then when you shoot you have to stop. I think that'd be a great compromise, imo.

Don't fix what isn't broken. :o

I doubt there'll be an option for that since it would change the entire gameplay dynamic. I think I posted this before but if there is that option I wouldn't mind so long as it's an unlockable, because it offers an advantage.

As for aiming while moving, for totally, that's what I suggested and I can totally get behind that. :heart: Even though it pretty much is like you're aiming when you're walking. But whatevs, that extra millisecond it would have taken to press down R1 [or whatever it's gonna be] could mean the world when a mob of those crazy sumb**ches start charging you in a narrow pathway. :o

In the Wii version anyways. In the other versions you only had accuracy before you aimed with the shotgun. I only missed with that probably when they ducked for the first few times. You just want to plant one between Dr. Salvador's eyes... a little higher... wait for him to get close... BAM!!! OH F***! He moved! Damn instant kill chainsaw. Yo MC, what time is it where you're at?

Hahah, yeah, that's how that goes.

I'm Eastern time zone so it was like, 4 in the morning at the time. Was writing a philosophy paper. (x_x)

You didn't know!?!:cmad:

That IS Master Chief.:woot:

And I was just wondering the ime cuz it was six where I live. So I guess you integrated survival horror into your philosophy paper, eh?

Jolene Blalock FTmFw :heart:

And naw, I'm a multi-tasking master. :word:

I still lov her more than anyonEEVer. :o

lol. :o I would actually make a kickass mod but lik, f**k that. :heart:

lol I love trees....You guys wanna hacky-sack? (<--is so not joking :p) All I want is that feeling I had as a kid. That feeling of being scared, but DRIVEN to play. I couldn't take notes in class because I was drawing burning buildings and blood stained streets.

I made my own RE characters. I felt odd playing RE4. I loved the game. But I felt "soggy" the whole time. Like I felt like I was with Leon and the setting was less adventurous and more...fall. Screw fall.

Setting is VERY important in these games. Bring back the accidents and lose the intentionally corporate scheming. Re2 freaked me out because everyone was confused. There was no Wesker behind everything back then. Ada was mysterious and it added to the nightmare. It was like playing a dream.

In Re4 you start off on top of it.

-We know ashley is here
-Leon knows how to fight these things
-Leon is stronger and faster and more skilled.
-The merchant helps you when he is not
-Ada helps you when he is not
-Mike helps you
-Ashley helps you
-Luis helps you
etc etc

It feels like an action movie not a horror. I'm never worried about Leon or Ashley. Like I realized that she wouldn't die in game, the moment that you found her alive and well.

Well I huess it won't help that Chris is also inexperienced. I'd like to say that there'd be no tag-a-long character this time, but Sherry could be the new Ashley. I'd say there's an 80% chance Chris won't learn to walk and shoot, so I don't think we've seen his advantage over Leon yet. In RE4, 8-10 enemies was all you had to worry about, but in this game I bet the engine could handle over forty zombies at a time. I think he should have something over Leon, but maybe not. I wonder if they're going to keep the merchant? I know hardcore RE fans hated him, but he sure was convenient. I liked RE2's style of just finding or taking weapons from people, but if they want to stick with mainstream he'll probably reappear.

How is Chris "inexperienced?" Not only was he a member of the STARS unit that first encountered the zombies (more elite than being a rookie cop like Leon started out as), he's already survived 3x's as many zombie outbreaks as Leon did at the start of RE4 (RE1, RE: Code Veronica, and RE: Umbrella Chronicles).

Also, they better keep the merchant. And by that, I mean the exact same guy. With the same voice, and same dialouge. And never, ever explain how he got to Haiti, and why he's dressed like that in the desert. "Welcome, stranger! Got a lot of good things on sale! Ah, I 'll buy it at a high price!" :D

How is Chris "inexperienced?" Not only was he a member of the STARS unit that first encountered the zombies (more elite than being a rookie cop like Leon started out as), he's already survived 3x's as many zombie outbreaks as Leon did at the start of RE4 (RE1, RE: Code Veronica, and RE: Umbrella Chronicles).

Also, they better keep the merchant. And by that, I mean the exact same guy. With the same voice, and same dialouge. And never, ever explain how he got to Haiti, and why he's dressed like that in the desert. "Welcome, stranger! Got a lot of good things on sale! Ah, I 'll buy it at a high price!" :D

Take a chill pill dude, that was a typo, I meant to say he's experienced so calm down. And UC is just a recap, so he only has twice as much experience. Apparently there are clones of the merchant everywhere, cuz in later playthroughs I shot him after I did business, but he kept showing up. Too bad I couldn't get my money back afterwards, a la GTA.:yay:

Didn't Leon and Chris meet in the Game Boy game? Though that wasn't in continuity I guess.

Didn't Leon and Chris meet in the Game Boy game? Though that wasn't in continuity I guess.

Nah, you're thinking of Barry and Leon. God that game was horrible.

I never got to play it. Guess I should avoid it then...

No, you should definitely buy it, but only so you can crush it, stomp on the remaining pieces, then light them on fire and put it out with your own urine.

Take a chill pill dude, that was a typo, I meant to say he's experienced so calm down. And UC is just a recap, so he only has twice as much experience. Apparently there are clones of the merchant everywhere, cuz in later playthroughs I shot him after I did business, but he kept showing up. Too bad I couldn't get my money back afterwards, a la GTA.:yay:

Actually Umbrella Chronicles had a new Jill and Chris mission that took place after the events of Code Veronica.

Actually Umbrella Chronicles had a new Jill and Chris mission that took place after the events of Code Veronica.

Oh you want to get technical huh? Ok then. Chris is apparently on steroids now, so he won't be able to think as clearly as Leon could, and all those congressional hearings are going to really screw over the games pacing.:o

Oh you want to get technical huh? Ok then. Chris is apparently on steroids now, so he won't be able to think as clearly as Leon could, and all those congressional hearings are going to really screw over the games pacing.:o

Senator: *bursts in during Chris' hearing* CHRIS! MONSTERS ARE ATTACKING! WE NEED HELP....oh, nevermind, thats just Senator Kerry.

kerrytreebeard.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"