RE5 Gameplay

Well if it's limited then it's okay. But I just don't want to feel like I'm playing CS or far cry or something, you know? Especially since, even though they can run and use weapons...they're zombies....in other words dumb. Kick'em punch'em and shoot'em. There were times in RE4 where I didn't get hit once. Of course it was hard...REALLY hard in certain instances.

Of course, and no blind-fire, whoever said that. That would be ******ed. Leon only had to take down like eight or so at a time? It looks like Chris is going to be face up against between twenty and thirty infected, so he should have an advantage over Leon.

I wouldn't mind being able to move while aiming, but when it comes to shooting, it's gotta be locked in one spot.

For me it's not a nuisance, it makes the experience way more intense.

I hope the PS3 doesn't get a cheap version of RE5.

I refuse to belive the 360 is more powerful!

The PS3 version of DMC4 is slightly better than the 360 version, so RE5 will probably be about the same for both systems.

RE5 is one of my most anticipated games, if I have to put with with a worse version, I'm pretty sure I'll just buy a 360.

The PS3 version of DMC4 is slightly better than the 360 version, so RE5 will probably be about the same for both systems.

Yea because everyone wants to sit through a 20 min, mandatory load session.

If you can't survive 20 minutes to install a game and then have no loadtimes afterwards, then you are a baby. The install session is no worse than the one from Assassin's Creed.

If you can't survive 20 minutes to install a game and then have no loadtimes afterwards, then you are a baby. The install session is no worse than the one from Assassin's Creed.

Pretty sure the load times still exist and are actually only like 5 seconds shorter then the 360's.

Seems like a waste of 20 minutes and 1GB.

5 seconds adds up. The load times are already short, but you really don't notice them at all on the PS3 version. And like I said, if you think that a 20 minute install is a dealbreaker, then you are probably just an unreasonably impatient person. When you've played the game for 3 hours, are you really going to remember how long the install took? I didn't.

5 seconds adds up. The load times are already short, but you really don't notice them at all on the PS3 version. And like I said, if you think that a 20 minute install is a dealbreaker, then you are probably just an unreasonably impatient person. When you've played the game for 3 hours, are you really going to remember how long the install took? I didn't.

True but it sure is a PAIN IN THE ASS for something that you dont have to put up with on the 360......im just sayin

I could say you would also have to be impatient to think the extra 5 second load times hinder the 360 version in anyway.

I'm just saying, Load times now-a-days are so short, cutting them in half doesn't really do much.

It doesn't make a big difference, but your choices boil down to either having a long install time at the beginning, or having slightly longer load times throughout. Aside from that, the PS3 version does run slightly better, without any screen tearing and almost no slowdown at all. Again, a very minor difference, but still a difference.

I believe Penny Arcade put this argument best in there podcast...

Imagine the load times of the PS3 DMC4 to be you having 2 cents. It's a very small amount. Now, you find 2 more cents, and that's the Xbox 360 load times. Yes, it's double what you had before, but seeing as what you had before was nearly non-existant, you still have hardly any. So a 20 minute load time, not worth it.

Also...

20080206.jpg

It's all about wether you'd rather have one annoying load time up front, or have it spaced out over the course of the game. Either way you're not really going to notice, and either way your playtime-per-hour ratio will be about the same on both systems, unless you happen to beat the game faster on PS3 than on 360, or vise-versa.

A better comparison than Penny Arcade's would be that it's like if I gave you 2 dollars up front, or 1 penny a minute over the course of 200 minutes. You'll still end up with $2 at the end of the day.

It's all about wether you'd rather have one annoying load time up front, or have it spaced out over the course of the game. Either way you're not really going to notice, and either way your playtime-per-hour ratio will be about the same on both systems, unless you happen to beat the game faster on PS3 than on 360, or vise-versa.

A better comparison than Penny Arcade's would be that it's like if I gave you 2 dollars up front, or 1 penny a minute over the course of 200 minutes. You'll still end up with $2 at the end of the day.

But, You keep talking like the 20 minute load eliminates all load times from the PS3 version, which it doesn't. It takes a few seconds off, which again doesn't seem necessary.

I'm all for them including the option to download some info to make the game run faster, but to outright force people to do it when it doesn't make much of a difference, is odd.

But, You keep talking like the 20 minute load eliminates all load times from the PS3 version, which it doesn't. It takes a few seconds off, which again doesn't seem necessary.

I'm all for them including the option to download some info to make the game run faster, but to outright force people to do it when it doesn't make much of a difference, is odd.

Exactly. And from what I hear, a few PS3 games like Motorstorm could use an install to help cut down the load times. Hell, a few Xbox games could use it (I'm looking at you and your 5 minute elevator rides, Mass Effect). But to say you have to, and it doesnt really even make that much of a difference is just dumb.

The 5GB install is a great example of people overreacting on both sides. On one side, its only 20 bloody minutes, its not the end of the world, I couldn't care less and no one else should.

At the same time, it doesn't seem like the 20 minutes are justified. So while I (and no one else should) care about the extra 20 minutes, it would be nice just to have seen a little better come of it.

How'd this ******ed arguement get on an RE thread!?! At least Electro UK can be the voice of reason. DMC4 already has a thread, and so do console wars, so lets talk about stuff that has a thread IN THAT THREAD, ok? Sorry to break it to everyone who is deadset on saying one's better than the other, but you're wrong. Just buy the one you want, and f**k everyone else's opinion, it's your money.

And to reply to MC, I know what you're saying, but the design decision you think makes the game more intense, I think is a cheap way to up the scares. I want to play as people who can AT LEAST do everything I can, and then some. So everytime I found a door in Doom 3 that I needed a keycard to unlock, AND I had a rocket launcher, or a shotgun, I always wondered why I couldn' just shoot my way through. If Red Faction could do it on the PS2, I think the Xbox could handle it as well. It's funny how destructible environments are considered a gameplay feature, but that's just being realistic, like sweat or rag doll physics. Black didn't go as far as RF, but you could still use the environment to your advantage. I can't wait til destructible environments are as normal as power ups, or a grenade button in FPS's. And I know I could walk, aim, and shoot all at the same time, so Chris better be ably to multi-task at least as well as I can.

It's in here cause Capcom made DMC4, and it's a possibility RE5 may do something similar with load times.

How'd this ******ed arguement get on an RE thread!?! At least Electro UK can be the voice of reason. DMC4 already has a thread, and so do console wars, so lets talk about stuff that has a thread IN THAT THREAD, ok? Sorry to break it to everyone who is deadset on saying one's better than the other, but you're wrong. Just buy the one you want, and f**k everyone else's opinion, it's your money.

Well you coming in here yelling about it doesnt help the argument to end any faster.

You might see it as a cheap way to up the scares but it's effective, and with the gameplay formula of the RE series I'm extremely happy with it. I still remember in RE4 when Ashley has to turn the cylinder things, and you have to protect her and yourself from Zealots trying to take her and kill you. And this probably goes without saying, but the standoff in the house with the villagers pouring in through every window. That'd be in my top 10 memorable game moments if I were to compile a list.

I get the realism factor but a lot of game restrictions in general work, especially with Resident Evil's combat system. Not to get too technical here but firing a gun ain't as easy as pulling on pants; Not to mention the effects of adrenaline and whatnot. I doubt I'm alone on this but I think having to stand and shoot is something that's at the core of the gameplay of this franchise, and I don't mind it at all.

I FINALLY got the hand cannon in RE4 today. Been trying since the GC version 2 years ago. Walked all over it on Wii. :up:

I FINALLY got the hand cannon in RE4 today. Been trying since the GC version 2 years ago. Walked all over it on Wii. :up:

I bow down to your skills, I don't have the patience for that s**t. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"