Reactions from the "general public"

oh right, I must have got mixed up

so today i went to a game store and in the front, they had the x3 teaser poster with wolverine's claws. this little kid got all excited and asked his dad if they could go watch it. the dad explained that it wasnt out yet and the kid got sad. i cant believe some 5 year old knows what x-men is. a smile went across my face when i saw this.

Yeah, Gamestop and EB Games give out the teaser poster when you reserve the game, that's how I got my poster. :D

i want to reserve the game but sadly i dont have money.

yes i know but i cant pay for it:( . anyone wanna give donations?

i saw the teaser in my cinema in melbourne when i saw Scary Movie 4 and as soon as it came on i got soo excited and was like finally after waiting since dec for it to be on the big screen.. it was soo much better on the big screen gave me chills again like when i first watched it. Hopefully with it being only a month left fox boom bard us with heaps of adds etc. in away smart on Foxs approach as if they advertise it too much then the anticpation is gone where as it being advertised say heavily 3 weeks before you think ohh good its soon i'll go see that. But when they have like Coming Soon for like 6 months its a pain. i want to stop reading spoilers like 3 weeks before but i dont know if i could stop coming here i love it too much. LOL

I went out for pizza with some friends (not X-fans or Internet regulars) last night and told them a lot of people on the Internet were freaking out because the Cannes web site had listed the X3 running time as an hour and 43 minutes. They were like, "But that movie doesn't come out til the end of May I thought?" And I said, "Yeah but they think it will be too short." And they said, "But they haven't seen it?" And I said, "Right, but they think if it's only an hour and 43 minutes there won't be enough character development and the characters won't have time to breathe." They all started laughing and said, "Those people are crazy. Tell them to get a life. Who cares how long a movie is if you haven't seen it? It's either a good movie or not, but you can't tell if you haven't seen it." It was hard to argue with the "you haven't seen it" part.

Then we went back to my place and watched "Requiem for a Dream" which was on IFC. It was an hour and 40 minutes. There were four major character arcs with approx. 1000x times the character development of X1 and X2 combined. We all thought the movie was awesome but really sad, and that it was ironic that that partiular movie was on, given the 1:40 runtime and the intensity/complexity of the movie. So the reaction from the general public in this case was, "Get a life!" :D

PhoenixRisen said:
I went out for pizza with some friends (not X-fans or Internet regulars) last night and told them a lot of people on the Internet were freaking out because the Cannes web site had listed the X3 running time as an hour and 43 minutes. They were like, "But that movie doesn't come out til the end of May I thought?" And I said, "Yeah but they think it will be too short." And they said, "But they haven't seen it?" And I said, "Right, but they think if it's only an hour and 43 minutes there won't be enough character development and the characters won't have time to breathe." They all started laughing and said, "Those people are crazy. Tell them to get a life. Who cares how long a movie is if you haven't seen it? It's either a good movie or not, but you can't tell if you haven't seen it." It was hard to argue with the "you haven't seen it" part.

Then we went back to my place and watched "Requiem for a Dream" which was on IFC. It was an hour and 40 minutes. There were four major character arcs with approx. 1000x times the character development of X1 and X2 combined. We all thought the movie was awesome but really sad, and that it was ironic that that partiular movie was on, given the 1:40 runtime and the intensity/complexity of the movie. So the reaction from the general public in this case was, "Get a life!" :D
Truthfully I think the "general public" will think 1h 43m (if true) is probably long enough - that's about the length of most movies these days. And they do have a point.

And speaking of "Requiem" - directed by Darren Aronofsky, who directed Hugh in "The Fountain" which is coming out sometime in October probably.

narrows101 said:
And speaking of "Requiem" - directed by Darren Aronofsky, who directed Hugh in "The Fountain" which is coming out sometime in October probably.
"The Fountain" should be awesome then...the direction of "Requiem" was GREAT!! I hadn't seen it before and was blown away!! :D

No one has posted here for a while. There's only a couple of weeks to go, and advertising is slowly on the increase. So does anyone have any public reactions to share? :p

Lots of positive comments in my local Odeon upon seeing the newly placed X-Men poster. People seemed pretty excited to me.

mattc said:
Lots of positive comments in my local Odeon upon seeing the newly placed X-Men poster. People seemed pretty excited to me.

Same here. I've been getting alot of "Didn't that Jean girl die?" comments though. :O

i said in an earlier post that my brother used to be a fan of X-men and watched every episode of the old series. but then he grew up and just doesnt care to X-men, barely watched the first movie and never saw the second.
Well, yesterday i was watching the Pyro/Multipleman tv spot and he took a look at it. He started with "what is that, a movie?" i said it was X3, and his face was :eek: he asked "who are all those people that i've never seen?????"
and i said "well, some of the characters nor even i knew" and he replied "looking goooooood...when is it out?" and i said May 26, he simply said "Gotta watch it".
That made me really happy, since nowadays he just doesnt give a **** about X-men.
oh and he even downloaded the tv spot to his pocket pc :eek: that made my jaw fall

i'll try to convince him and his girlfriend to watch at least the second. He knows who's Phoenix because he was a fan while a child, but the movies are kinda different, so he has to watch X2...
he got amazed by Juggernaut...

Has anyone noticed how crazy the audience gets in these talk shows whenever "X-Men" is mentioned when they bring on a guest?.. :p :D

-TNC

I gave my friend a Wolverine slurpee cup as part of her birthday present (there was a gift card to the movie theater inside), and she loved it...and our other friend yelled "X-MEN!!" when she saw Wolverine's picture.

So we're all excited about the movie.

I wish there were closer 7-11's around here... :(

-TNC

_JayR_ said:
Same here. I've been getting alot of "Didn't that Jean girl die?" comments though. :O
You know why you are getting that comment? I think it's because most people who don't know the X-Men story have no idea that Jean becomes Phoenix and didn't notice the outline in the water. They think she died - I did! When I saw X-2 I didn't know anything about any of the characters (I only saw the movie because I was a Hugh fan) so when I saw on message boards people talking about Phoenix in the water I was like "what the heck are they talking about?" I had NO CLUE.

I think the average non-X-Men fan who has never read the comics and only knows the characters from movies (like me) had NO CLUE that there was an outline in the water - I sure as heck didn't until I read it here.

TNC9852002 said:
Has anyone noticed how crazy the audience gets in these talk shows whenever "X-Men" is mentioned when they bring on a guest?.. :p :D

-TNC

Yeah i noticed that too. Shouldn't be a surprise though but it still good to know we're not the only ones excited for this film.

TNC9852002 said:

-TNC

:eek: I have noticed that. Every time

narrows101 said:
You know why you are getting that comment? I think it's because most people who don't know the X-Men story have no idea that Jean becomes Phoenix and didn't notice the outline in the water. They think she died - I did! When I saw X-2 I didn't know anything about any of the characters (I only saw the movie because I was a Hugh fan) so when I saw on message boards people talking about Phoenix in the water I was like "what the heck are they talking about?" I had NO CLUE.

I think the average non-X-Men fan who has never read the comics and only knows the characters from movies (like me) had NO CLUE that there was an outline in the water - I sure as heck didn't until I read it here.

Just talking to a girl at work the other day about it, and she said she thought Jean had died. :up:

Supreme Power said:
Just talking to a girl at work the other day about it, and she said she thought Jean had died. :up:
See what I mean? And guaranteed the couple we are going to see the movie with are going to say the same thing - "I thought she died!" People who have never read the comics will have no clue - which is probably one of the reasons they are not showing her in the previews (ok, Famke is on talk shows and on the posters, but still...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"