Recommend similar films to "The People Under the Stairs" creepy/supsensful movies where the someone or something is within the walls, attic, basement

DarkKnight

Corinthians 16:13
Reaction score
Its that time of year where I enjoy my horror films as a horror fan. I mix every year with my favorite B-Horror films, classics and introduce myself to newer films/franchises as well.

However, one of my favorite films of all times is "The People Under the Stairs". I love those creepy movies of people or monsters or things living within the walls, basements, ductwork etc. etc. I had recurring nightmares as a child of similar situations so it has always fascinated me.

I was hope some of you other horror/suspense fans could help recommend movies similar to this. Similar in the way it consists of people, monsters, etc living within the home. I'll give some additional samples of films I have watched to give a better idea of what I'm looking for when I say similar. I have googles this very question, thats how I found Barbarian. But some of the other titles Google labels as "similar" are not similar at all.

-The People Under the Stairs (living within the home, lots of scenes in the basement and inside the walls of the home)
-Little Monsters (under the bed leads to another realm)
-Barbarian

Thank you in advance!

Thank you everyone! I'm adding these to my list. So far, the only one that I have already seen is Mama.

Another film where it's essentially a plot twist, but
Black Christmas (1974) and its remakes
do fit the quota.

I'll add The Woman in Black: Angel of Death. The first one is better, but that's about a derelict haunted house. In this sequel the house is actually being lived in by child evacuees (and their carers) during WWII, so it definitely counts as a home. And the Woman seems to lurk in the walls, ceilings, etc. It has its moments.

Thank you all for the replies and movie suggestions. I literally made a list on my phone of everything all of you have mentioned. In fact, I just finished watching Housebound which was recommended by Boom earlier today.
I REALLY enjoyed it! The first half I was like "I don't see how this is similar" then all of a sudden bam and I was like wow, yup I can see it now lol. I'm glad I watched it. I'll move on to the others each night I can before bed. If there are more suggestions. Keep em coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"