• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

'Red' Filmmaker To Direct Ryan Reynolds In 'R.I.P.D.' Adaptation.

Any word from Ryan Reynolds on getting his ass beaten down this past weekend? Is he ok from that annihilation

I came up with a fun, new tag line for this movie last night at work. "RIPD:the movie to see when literally everything else is sold out." Because that's what basically happened lol.

I saw this and thought it was a really fun movie. I'd say it's the second best wide-release of the week actually. Conjuring being # 1, this being # 2, and Red 2 being # 3. Red 2 was the better filmed movie and had less hiccups - but they seriously took all the fun out of it that was in the first one so much I found myself bored half to death a lot of the time knowing exactly where it was going. Here it was more intriguing and entertaining and an overall fun experience at the theaters. 7/ 10.

The Way Way Back 10/10 - An excellent coming-of-age story that reminds me of the great teenage comedies from the 80s that were serious but fun.
Conjuring 8/10 - A great horror movie, but not the greatest and it could have been better.
RIPD 7/10 - An overall fun experience and popcorn flick.
Red 2 6/10 - It was aiming for greatness, the acting and cinematography was good, but it never really allowed itself to be fun.

Any word from Ryan Reynolds on getting his ass beaten down this past weekend? Is he ok from that annihilation
he should stick to romantic comedy this action thing not working for him! thank god he dropped out of highlander

Safe House did very well though. Still that's him opposite Denzel Washington.

But in this, he's opposite Jeff Bridges, so ... :D .

He was clearly miscast in Green Lantern. Hollywood thought for some reason he was going to be a big action star. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Reynolds' comedy. Never particularly cared for 2 Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place or Van Wilder. He just seems to have this weird smart alec style I find not so funny. Nothing against him. I just think its weird that everyone thinks he's like perfect for Deadpool when honestly I think there could be other actors more well suited to the part.

Ryan at this point, needs to reboot his career like how Downey, McCononaughty, and Ben Affleck had to refigure their careers collectively. Either you go do some indie work that win the hearts of critics (McCononaughty), do it yourself and make your own movie (Affleck), or don't be afraid to be the co-star (Downey).

But this movie shows that he's willing to be a co-star. He also did that movie with Sandra bullock a few years ago, which I think is the movie that made Hollywood think that he's the next big thing.

No, I'm talking about SUPPORTING role if I wasn't clear enough. Not co-starring as in a headliner.

Like RDJ in Zodiac or Matthew M in 'Wolf of Wall Street'. And sometimes a supporting role can be the showstopper.

Safe House did very well though. Still that's him opposite Denzel Washington.

But in this, he's opposite Jeff Bridges, so ... :D .

He was clearly miscast in Green Lantern. Hollywood thought for some reason he was going to be a big action star. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Reynolds' comedy. Never particularly cared for 2 Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place or Van Wilder. He just seems to have this weird smart alec style I find not so funny. Nothing against him. I just think its weird that everyone thinks he's like perfect for Deadpool when honestly I think there could be other actors more well suited to the part.

I was hoping for Bradley Cooper to get Green Lantern, but now I'm grateful that didn't happen. I thought Reynolds did the best he could with it. I never liked Van Wilder. Ryan was amusing as Wade Wilson.

He's just not a good actor. Always has a smirk on his face.

I was hoping for Bradley Cooper to get Green Lantern, but now I'm grateful that didn't happen. I thought Reynolds did the best he could with it. I never liked Van Wilder. Ryan was amusing as Wade Wilson.

You can easily say that Cooper dodged the bullet with that one.

LMAO. I always wonder about this kind of stuff. Like, I guess there was someone out there who liked RIPD but like, why even bother making a direct-to-whatever sequel to it? Is there any money to be made there? Even though these movies are made for pennies I really can’t see how they’re profitable.

I cant lie, that looks Kind of fun.
Dumb but fun...but i dont get why they Release su h things instead of letting the rights simply run out.
Not like the first one became a cult movie or so...it was forgotten a week After Release.

So, between this and 47 Ronin, we have two direct-to-video sequels cashing in on the name and not really in any way related to the original. Wonder what next property will be given the same treatment?
If I had to guess, literally everything but Dredd, which is a sequel that everyone wants.

So, between this and 47 Ronin, we have two direct-to-video sequels cashing in on the name and not really in any way related to the original. Wonder what next property will be given the same treatment?

Probably something like The Great Wall. I think that's another Universal property.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WarMachine95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"