remakes or movies you never want to see made

I heard something about a remake of Overboard (an awesome, IMO, 80s film starring Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn) being made with Jennifer Lopez. Shame.

Transformers, Avatar or Matrix. They never should have done the originals in the first place.

Robocop does not need to be made because it is a perfect film.

Back to the Future should never be remade.

It should never happen but I have a feeling it will eventually. :csad:

Also I'd say Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Ghostbusters , Die Hard , Rambo , Rocky, Terminator, Harry Potter, could probably go on for a long time.

I tend to agree with 'Jaws', but part of me would always be interested in seeing what they did with a remake, i don't think they could do better than Jaws though.

It would make money but , I don't think it would be nearly as effective today. Spielberg said in an interview he could never get away with E.T. if he made it in this decade because audiences have changed , become more cynical , etc. I think Sharks are still scary but people might scoff at that. Also cgi is risky in some cases.
Although I would like to see a modern day killer shark movie. Deep Blue Sea is kind of a guilty pleasure.

I never want to see a Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots movie made. Thank God that will never happen.

Oh, wait... sh**.

Beyonce has replaced J-Lo last I heard. :csad:

I feel like if they HAVE to remake that movie, they should at least wait until Kate Hudson is old enough to convincingly play the Goldie Hawn role.

I feel like if they HAVE to remake that movie, they should at least wait until Kate Hudson is old enough to convincingly play the Goldie Hawn role.
I agree, but I'm pretty sure Hudson's a great age now. :huh:

I'm not really sure how old she actually is, but I think the oldest son (Travis) is supposed to be like 13, and she looks to young, IMO, to have a kid that old.

Edit: Well, now that I think about it, since the kids aren't REALLY hers, whoever plays Kurt Russell's role could use how young she is to show her how much of a **** she used to be.

- The Godfather remade by a visual director who would make the bullets go slow-motion and everybody thinking that alone is so much cooler than the original.

- Any serious superhero/comic book character turned into an average Hollywood comedy by an average Hollywood comedian.

Will Smith's Annie remake with his daughter in the lead.

:up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

It should never happen but I have a feeling it will eventually. :csad:
It'll never happen. Bob Gale has basically promised to take BTTF to his grave, and thus they are safe from reboots, remakes and sequels.

I thought about it and I don't care what is remade.

It doesn't change the original, it simply introduces the older stuff to a new generation.

I do not want to see The Shining remade....EVER

Oh, that'll get another adaptation. Just wait. 20 years from now. Hell, I'd say even 10.

I'm up for anything as long as strong creative input and purpose is there. Who knows what we could get if the right, aberrant ideas are set. Shame that it rarely happens.:csad:

I'm up for anything as long as strong creative input and purpose is there. Who knows what we could get if the right, aberrant ideas are set. Shame that it rarely happens.:csad:

this his hollywood were talking about here.

I thought about it and I don't care what is remade.

It doesn't change the original, it simply introduces the older stuff to a new generation.

That's fair and a good way to look at it, my problem though is with remakes it makes hollywood look like there out of ideas and all they can come up with is superheroes and remakes of movies that had better ideas then they could ever come up with. I dont mind if a studio head thinks he can one up spielberg by redoing indiana jones but the problem is directors today dont know how to create majic like the older directors did. With movies like jaws, back to the future, star wars and etc, there was some type of turmoil faced and through those adversities we got great creative ideas, today all the director has to do is walk up to an animator and tell him what he wants, or just go ask the studio for more money if they need it. Now in a time of remakes and reboots every month looking ahead to this year it is exciting to see movies like super 8 and battle la because they give me hope for new creativity.

I never want to see a Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots movie made. Thank God that will never happen.

Oh, wait... sh**.

Bite your tongue!!! Real Steel actually looks kinda awesome! I'm actually kinda interested in it.

It most likely will not happen, so therefore I remain pessimistic :csad:

Bite your tongue!!! Real Steel actually looks kinda awesome! I'm actually kinda interested in it.

I'm also kinda sorta maybe considering to think about possibly watching it...on Netflix.

Rambo
Rocky
Commando
Godfather
Ghostbusters
Back to the Future
Watchmen (one chance was enough)
Once Upon a Time in China
Dances with Wolves
LOTR
Shawshank Redemption
Total Recall