• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Remakes You'd Actually Wanna See

A straight-up remake of the original film version isn't necessarily needed, but there is no better time than now to reboot "The Shadow".

9fc8b12978119955ed7871b50847b54f.jpg

1368486116_the-shadow_458.jpg

[YT]AJX60CSED1s[/YT]

Jumper is one I'd love to see remade. Cool concept, poor execution. And poor choice of a lead actor, if we're being real. But even then, the script just wasn't written well.

I'm gonna get alot of hate, but.....
Brazil

opera.gif

I'd love to see a straight-up horror remake of this. Not a musical, not a gore fest with sexual themes, but a really good pg-13 horror film.

Seriously, imagine this film being remade with a larger budget and more modern SFX. It could go from being a cheesy Star Wars rip-off to a legitimately good film on its own merits. Besides, I saw the remake of The Magnificent Seven with Denzel Washington and I really enjoyed it. So why not another retelling of The Seven Samurai?

First Blood. One that's more faithful to the original novel.

First Blood. One that's more faithful to the original novel.

There's actually one in the works, although I don't know how faithful to the source material it's gonna be.

I'd love a reboot of the Shadow. I see no reason it needs a big budget. $60 million, TOPS. I'd also want it period too.

You see Dredd was so good that I'm not opposed to the idea of cinematic reboots entirely if they are done well.

What are some of the older horror films you like to see remade for today?

I had never seen this one. But I watched the trailer and thought it looked interesting.

[YT]yQ4FlHowFOc[/YT]

Go ahead and say what other things you like to see. Post vids if you wantl

Snce you know remakes are the big trends now. Have so many out per year.

I saw that movie when i was a kid. It was a lot of fun.

I feel like they could make a fun series of films out of Redwall. I used to love those cartoons and books!

Actually, with regard to "First Blood", that's one of those movies I think would be prime for my two-films-remade-into-one idea...if you mixed it with, say, "E.T.": an alien gets accidently left behind on Earth and befriends a young boy and his siblings, but when the Feds bear down on the family to get to him, he leads the military on a hunt into the nearby woods in which THEY quickly become the hunted.

Failing that mindset of remaking films, though, I still want a retro-'30s/'40s Superman movie, with some giant damn robots and death-rays and jet-pack-wearing gangs for once instead of General Zod and Insert-Evil-Kryptonian-Clone's-Name here, and (if we have to have him again) a big-screen Lex Luthor who's NOT yet another goofy dip****.

You should spoiler that, thejon. :oldrazz:

But yes. That kinda always looks so off.

Spoiler? Really? For a movie that came out in 1985? And has been played on TV practically every December since? That information is hardly spoiler worthy.

Hey, guess what? Soylent Green is people! To Serve Man is a cookbook! Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father! Bruce Willis was a ghost throughout the entire movie in The Sixth Sense! You know that chick from The Crying Game? Not a chick!

The Magnificent Seven.

Starring Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarenegger, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, Jean Claude Van Damme, Wesley Snipes and Steven Seagal.

It's been done, just not with that cast.

Also, it's been done just not with that movie.

Guyver (1991) & Guyver 2: Dark Hero (1994)

Dune (1984)

Fist of the North Star (1995)

Double Dragon (1994)

Witchblade (2000)

Dune is an excellent choice. Great book that deserves an equally great movie adaptation.

Also, although it wouldn't be a remake because it's never been done before, Elric of Melnibone is a great story that would make a terrific movie. And it would be an appropriate time to make it, given the success of Game of Thrones and other fantasy franchises recently.

It's official, these are all happening.

[YT]povMtQziLy8[/YT]

[YT]Ucya7vax5-A[/YT]

[YT]z_RdtARb-hY[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz