• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Remakes You'd Actually Wanna See

I had no idea "They Live" had become something of a cult hit. I actually got to see it in the theater again a couple of weeks ago.
It's the perfect movie to see in a theater with a liquor license. :woot:

Let me guess. You saw it at The Rio?

the-expendables-4.jpg

Ah yes. The mentioned cast in an original movie (not a remake), and the remake without the mentioned cast.

The Fly
The Guyver
American Werewolf in London
Commando
Terminator ( no Arnold and straight sci-fi horror)
Enemy Mine
Eddie and The Cruisers
The Breakfast Club ( love the original but would love to see a modern take)
It's a Wonderful Life

Moby-Dick, directed by David Fincher or the Coen Brothers

Chris Colombus' Harry Potter films. These two are easily the weakest of the series. I think WB could have found a much more capable director.

Absolutely! Also, if they actually came to their senses much earlier, Goblet of Fire should have been split into two films - and I suppose The Order of the Phoenix as well.

As far as other remakes/reboots go, for me so far...

- The (Wonderful) Wizard of Oz (a more faithful adaptation with the darker elements and out with the musicals)
- The Last Airbender (take the rights away from Shyamalan and give the IP to a filmmaker who would do the series justice. Nostalgia Critic really tore that movie to shreds lol).
- Planet of the Apes (only bringing this up to match the quality of the current films pretty much, however, there's still more story to be told methinks)

And while Peter Jackson's LOTR was a resounding success, I would actually love to see an adaptation of the book translated to the small screen next time, just so we can get to learn of the many details that never made the films, such as Glorfindel carrying Frodo to Rivendell, Tom Bombadil, Ghan Buri Ghan the Wildman, Halbarad, Prince Imrahil, the Scouring of the Shire and much much more.

Absolutely! Also, if they actually came to their senses much earlier, Goblet of Fire should have been split into two films - and I suppose The Order of the Phoenix as well.

As far as other remakes/reboots go, for me so far...

- The (Wonderful) Wizard of Oz (a more faithful adaptation with the darker elements and out with the musicals)
Is that not what Emerald City was?
- The Last Airbender (take the rights away from Shyamalan and give the IP to a filmmaker who would do the series justice. Nostalgia Critic really tore that movie to shreds lol).
Rather let it die with Korra...or adapt Korra; the bad-meh followup that's ripe for any filmmaker to make something worthwhile.
They did just that with Attack of the Clones and Bayformers, except this would be the inverse of that

How I remember watching this as a kid. When will we ever see an outfit like Sybil Danning's on screen again? She filled that suit flawlessly lol. Will we ever see Star Sapphire on screen in the DCEU (bloody PC brigade (sigh))... :O

As far as actual remakes go, I'd love to see Game of Death remade from script taking cues from Bruce Lee's original story notes since the film released was not only divergent from Bruce's vision but a mockery of his Legacy.

The Fly
The Guyver
American Werewolf in London
Commando
Terminator ( no Arnold and straight sci-fi horror)
Enemy Mine
Eddie and The Cruisers
The Breakfast Club ( love the original but would love to see a modern take)
It's a Wonderful Life
In the case of the of the Fly, that would be remake number two.

Dune is an excellent choice. Great book that deserves an equally great movie adaptation.

And if it ain't the best news ever, Denis Villeneuve is sure to deliver an exciting take on Frank Herbert's material. Hope we get more than just the one film to adapt that first book though. Still, I'm sure Eric Roth will write a worthy screenplay, even if it does happen to be his first foray into Science-Fiction. :)

Last edited:
Is that not what Emerald City was?

Rather let it die with Korra...or adapt Korra; the bad-meh follow-up that's ripe for any filmmaker to make something worthwhile.
They did just that with Attack of the Clones and Bayformers, except this would be the inverse of that

It would be nice if they went and animated the search for Zuko and Azula's mother, rather than reading the comic IMHO. Not interested in Korra being live action either. As for Emerald City, I never did see the show. It's been cancelled now, hasn't it? Didn't seem interesting from what I read of the show if you ask me.

It would be nice to they went and animated the search for Zuko and Azula's mother, rather than reading the comic IMHO. Not interested in Korra being live action. As for Emerald City, never saw the show. It's been cancelled now, hasn't it? Didn't seem interesting from what I read of the show if you ask me.

That could work I guess rather than adapting the show.
Yeah, it's been cancelled. Pretty much from the description you gave for a remake with a more, albeit obviously smaller scale, GoT-vibe to it.

I also think the Percy Jackson books should be rebooted as a TV series as well. The movies failed on so many levels not to mention the unnecessary changes made.

The Burning - while I have grown to really like this film it is really flawed. It's a good concept and yes a complete Friday the 13th clone but done correctly it could be amazing.

The Warriors remake with George Miller directing.

Zorro trilogy directed by Guillermo Del Toro and Diego Luna as the lead.

A live action adaptation of The Last Unicorn would be really cool.

Zorro trilogy directed by Guillermo Del Toro and Diego Luna as the lead.

Would love to see that, I was surprised when Luna's pal Gael Garcia Bernal was cast as Zorro (albeit for a supposed future post-apocalyptic Zorro).
But Diego Luna as you suggest would make a great classic Zorro. For a Diego de la Vega Zorro origin tale.
Guillermo Del Toro directing a trilogy would be a dream.
Especially based more on some of the darker (yet still fun) pulpy McCulley tales.

fetch

zorrostrikesagain.jpg

Last edited:
I think a remake of The Holy Mountain would be very interesting.
alejandro_jodorowsky_holy_mountain_black_alchemist_fusion.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"