No Way Home "Remember Me?" Jamie Foxx Returns As Electro

I hate this look, these little lightnings around his eyes look stupid.

electro-spider-man-no-way-home.jpg

TASM2 design wasn't bad at all, it just had too much prostetic makeup.

Concept art looked great and they could have done it with CGI alone.

d7iquck-11aae184-4fd6-4c8f-919d-255f4b0a2ca0.jpg

Never had a issue with how he looked in amazing spiderman 2 was just very ultimate spiderman look but I do love the new look and surprised they gave him like the face star to classic!

Love the new look. I’m guessing this Electro is from another universe? Can’t wait to see how many universes are involved here.

If it was Electro from another universe, would it still be Jamie Foxx? I doubt it. I'm guessing they changed his design due to the poor reception to his look from TASM2. For the best, really.

Which is confusing, because everyone look the same, except Electro who doesn't even look that bad to begin with, and it was all about execution, not the design.

Love the new look. I’m guessing this Electro is from another universe? Can’t wait to see how many universes are involved here.

Nah. It's been established in WandaVision and Loki that people pulled from other universes "come back different", so that could be the explanation.

If it was Electro from another universe, would it still be Jamie Foxx? I doubt it. I'm guessing they changed his design due to the poor reception to his look from TASM2. For the best, really.

A variant?

Have all my "told ya so's". Knew the bolt mask could work in some form.

The overall design works for me, it does have Spider-man PS4 vibes, but I think it has more going on here than that game's ensemble. The clunky boots and trousers drag it down a bit, but it's offset by the harness being woven throughout his costume and the elecricity itself being a part of the design.

I would still hope that in another movie they could evolve the look and give him a muted green/yellow jumpsuit more like the comics. If you have Jamie Foxx in a mcu role then you may as well keep it open for multiple appearances.

Last edited:
While it's nice that they went for a more classic look, I've also just never been a fan of Electro's comic book design.

I love the redesign based on glimpses we saw. IMO, Watts and co. have done a really good job adapting the villain designs from the comics.

I didn't mind the redesign on ASM2 like others but I love the more accurate look here. I'm not a fan of MCU Spidey movies but will give credit when it comes to their villain designs (and re-designs) as they managed to make then very comic accurate.

I wouldn't mind a more comic-book design if they made it more ominous, sorry, but that star on Foxx's face and mustache doesn't work for me.

Something like that would have be better.

erfer.jpg

While it's nice that they went for a more classic look, I've also just never been a fan of Electro's comic book design.
I thought it would be too difficult to adapt but this is a good effort and I give credit for trying to be faithful. I do agree on some level though as comic Electro's classic look was never my favourite visual amongst Spidey villains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"