Reparations

They do need to provide funds for inner cities. Those kinds of reparations I will support fully. And since oakzap and myself are the only two blacks that responded, our word is law. Game over. Close thread. Otherwise we will come to your suburban malls and act in a rowdy fashion.

Just handing over money to individuals seems it would be like putting a bandade on the whloe thing.

Just use that money and fund inner city schools. Then making energy and health care more affordable for low income families, would be a good start, IMO.

I like that idea. :up:

simple case of the bottom dwellers of society looking for a handout

meh.

And I mean "MEH".

I'm not for reparations outside of righting ONE WRONG.

there had been more than a century of blacks and other "undesirables" being barred from higher education, and better jobs for gaining such an education.

Why fight prejudice and suffer the brutality in gaining a education if you can't get hired to use it?

I propose that instead of throwing money on a generation that has barely been allowed to learn how to use it,.. that the government fork over the cash to give everyone who wants one a college education.

I realize this flies in the face of all of you who say it is stupid to want something for being BORN into a situation that starts the person off four to five steps back from where they should be - But I feel that knowledge is power and what we need is knowledge,... not a handout.

BTW,... the Irish can come too.

V.

simple case of the bottom dwellers of society looking for a handout

It depends on what you mean by bottom dwellers. Reparations to individuals is something I don't believe in, though. I liked Terry's and Dorian Gray's idea.

Geez reparations huh if anybody in this country needs it its the Native Americans....since we almost wiped them off the earth and all, its the least we can do.

I propose that instead of throwing money on a generation that has barely been allowed to learn how to use it,.. that the government fork over the cash to give everyone who wants one a college education.

I realize this flies in the face of all of you who say it is stupid to want something for being BORN into a situation that starts the person off four to five steps back from where they should be - But I feel that knowledge is power and what we need is knowledge,... not a handout.

BTW,... the Irish can come too.

V.

Believe it or not I agree with you on this. :wow:

It depends on what you mean by bottom dwellers. Reparations to individuals is something I don't believe in, though. I liked Terry's and Dorian Gray's idea.
People looking for a check...for themselves.

I don't know. It just sounds almost exactly like the same thing except they aren't calling it reparations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"