Right, we HAVE to talk about this

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, this is where your lack of understanding shines through. Back when Matt first became moderator here, he threatened most of us with bans. That's where Freeman's remark originated from... a topic made MONTHS AGO.

:o

I was here for a while before Matt became a mod here. It was the same bull**** then as there is now.

Matt said:
One more step out of line, and there will be no more forum for your clique.

The quote in question

Believe what you want. The nuclear option was brought up when I PMed Hunter RIder asking "How do I deal with this?" in regards to your comments about how ban proof you are.

How so? I can not have been more hands-off. I think I've probated three people in this forum since I took over and they all admitted to deserving it. I banned none.

The way you came in and made a bunch of threads more or less demanding change set a negative tone from the start. I can't talk about the specifics since then, as I've been so busy recently I've hardly been able to play games, much less go on a message board and talk about them.

Not to sound like a broken record, but you really should've taken the time to understand how the forum works before attempting to change things around. Admittedly, the flame wars were a bit tiresome from time to time, but it was generally accepted that things were done in a friendly way, and most people shook hands when it was all said and done. There were those few people who fought continuously, but it was no different than in community, and the people who deserved to be banned were banned sooner or later. It wasn't the cleanest system, but it worked for the most part.

I know you probably meant well, bro, but the way you went about it was kind of like shooting yourself in the foot.

No actually I'm denying that, sure they may have provided the convenient excuse, I'll give you that.

But no, the 'GR posters' didn't drive the forum to this, you did.

Whatever makes you feel better, Zen. The fact is, SHH is not going to be held hostage by "Ban-proof" posters.

How am I ban proof exactly? Because, you know, I've seen other, apparently more competent moderators get around that ban proofing, occasionally.

Whatever makes you feel better, Zen. The fact is, SHH is not going to be held hostage by "Ban-proof" posters.

How long was Toven around for? And she wasn't the only one. There have been plenty of people who have kept coming back again and again, and banning them for stupid reasons just kept egging them on. You're making this into a game for them.

No one is holding anyone else hostage. You've just decided to go on a rampage about something that was never a problem. If it didn't bother anyone else, then why does it bother you? I know waving your e-peen makes you feel better, but it's like pissing in the wind.

And why was I banned when I said nothing inflamatory or otherwise?

I think I'll start a thread in Community showing everyone who to do an IP Config.

To be serious, if you approach this logically, destroying the games forum can't really protect you from people who know how to set up a new account. I mean if anything it might just set someone off! Omgz.

Oh ****, it's Nikola Tesla, he's trying to hold us hostage, run for the hills! :wow:

How long was Toven around for? And she wasn't the only one. There have been plenty of people who have kept coming back again and again, and banning them for stupid reasons just kept egging them on. You're making this into a game for them.

No game forum. No game. Once the forum is gone, if posters like Freeman cause a ruckus they will be banned, banned, and banned again.

So "ban, ban, ban again" works in say...Community? But not here? Ok.

No one is holding anyone else hostage. You've just decided to go on a rampage about something that was never a problem. If it didn't bother anyone else, then why does it bother you? I know waving your e-peen makes you feel better, but it's like pissing in the wind.

And why was I banned when I said nothing inflamatory or otherwise?

Ask whoever banned you. I'm just enforcing it as I was told.

Our terrorist plot to hold the hype hostage has been discovered! Those infidels! :cmad:

So "ban, ban, ban again" works in say...Community? But not here? Ok.

In Community we don't have a whole organized clique of posters who go out of their way to envoke flame wars and return upon banning. Even the Lesofters know how to walk the line instead of constantly crossing it and bragging about how ban proof they are while hiding behind the shield of "You don't understand games!"

Who bans an ancient, dead Russian scientist, seriously?

Do you plebians have no decency?! :cmad:

I guess the point of that flew over your head Matt. Let me try again. You're going to delete this forum, because you think "ban, ban, ban again" is ineffective...and then to follow that up, you're going to use a strategy of ..."ban, ban, ban again" when the inevitable happens and everyone sets up shop somewhere else? And you've got your rose tints on if you think you don't have that situation in community. Community invented the forum clique on these boards.

In Community we don't have a whole organized clique of posters who go out of their way to envoke flame wars and return upon banning. Even the Lesofters know how to walk the line instead of constantly crossing it and bragging about how ban proof they are while hiding behind the shield of "You don't understand games!"

According to most of them, they're "organization" is more of a myth than anything else. And the Lesofters weren't always that way.

Because they've been so active in envoking flame wars, or right, they haven't. Heck Extro was banned a month ago, before that when was the last time he broke a rule? Can you even remember.

I guess the point of that flew over your head Matt. Let me try again. You're going to delete this forum, because you think "ban, ban, ban again" is ineffective...and then to follow that up, you're going to use a strategy of ..."ban, ban, ban again" when the inevitable happens and everyone sets up shop somewhere else? And you've got your rose tints on if you think you don't have that situation in community. Community invented the forum clique on these boards.

No, we are deleting the gaming forum to punish you children who think being "Gamers" some how puts you above Hype rules.

Ask whoever banned you. I'm just enforcing it as I was told.

oops :o I saw he was a banned user so banned him again. Who banned him before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"