RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

The Sound of Music:

Here Christopher Plummer chokes up at the end because he realises he's never going to see his homeland again as they're going to escape that night:

As the Shakespeare-spouting General Chang in Star Trek the Undiscovered Country:

Somewhere in Time:

I think if he had been the age he was in the Sound of Music he could've made a good Dr Doom.

I've seen other Sound of Music performances but Plummer is the measuring stick.

Loved his performance in Star Trek VI, "I see you Kirk, can you see me?" and the last movie I've seen him in Knives Out, he was great.

RIP to a legend.

Actress Mira Furlan famous for her role as Minbari Ambassador Delenn in BABYLON 5 has died at age 65, Ms Furlan was also known for her role in the series LOST Mira Furlan Dead: 'Babylon 5,' 'Lost' Actress Dies at 65 - Variety
Mira-Furlan-Babylon-5.jpg

images
images
This one hurts so bad. :( I was a huge fan of Babylon 5 in 90s.

"There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too"

So long, farewell Captain Von Trapp :/
even sadder to me that i read it was partly in due to a head injury substained as a fall at 91. that's how my grandmother passed at 91 as well :(

Actress Diana Millay has passed away at age 85 A Shroud of Thoughts: Diana Millay Passes On Millay appeared in many movies and TV shows in her 20 year career, most notably as Laura Collins in the cult hit DARK SHADOWS. In a strange coincidence she died the same day as her TARZAN AND THE GREAT RIVER costar Mile Henry.
Diana%2BMillay.jpg

This one hurts too. RIP to Mary Wilson.

Mary Wilson, a founding member of 'The Supremes,' has died - CNN

Mary%20Wilson_1001.jpg

She was one of the original black pop divas who paved the way right with Florence Ballard and Miss Ross.

People born after a certain time can really never understand how revolutionary the Motown sound and even "girl groups" like the Supremes and the Ronettes were.

In so many ways the cultural landscape was dramatically different. The things we take for granted now were bathed in a rebellious and norm shattering energy.

Fun fact: my mom actually met her and Diana ross back in the day before they blew up because she was in a small girl group like them. Had no idea they'd make it big.

Nice.

Where was this? I mean what city/town?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"