RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

So many young ones dying this year. :(

Neil Innes, English writer, comedian and musician - dubbed "The Seventh Python" - has died aged 75.

He was best known for his work with the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, The Rutles and collaborating with Monty Python.

A spokesperson for the Innes family said he had not been suffering from any illness and had passed away unexpectedly on Sunday night whilst travelling home from France with his family.

Sir Michael Palin described him as "a great writer" and "the most lovely friend". Fellow Python John Cleese tweeted he was "utterly dismayed" to hear of Innes's death, calling him "a very sweet man, much too nice for his own good".

The comic songwriter penned the track Death Cab For Cutie, which was used in The Beatles' 1967 film Magical Mystery Tour, and later inspired the US band of the same name. In the 1990s he was given a writing credit on the Oasis track Whatever, after it was found Noel Gallagher had borrowed portions of his song How Sweet To Be An Idiot.

Comedians Diane Morgan and Richard Herring, along with singer-songwriter Billy Bragg and broadcaster Gary Crowley all added their tributes on Monday, too. Morgan described Innes as "one of the nicest people I've ever met and a towering talent".

Monty Python songwriter Neil Innes dies aged 75

RIP. Thanks for the laughs and the music.

Syd was instrumental in the design of BLADE RUNNER.....

Pour one out tonight for the voice of Bill & the conductor.

Jack Sheldon, ‘I’m Just A Bill’ & ‘Conjunction Junction’ Singer, Dead At 88 – Deadline

Jack Sheldon, the stand-out jazz trumpeter and affable Merv Griffin sidekick whose gave voice to the Schoolhouse Rock classics I’m Just a Bill andConjunction Junction, has died. He was 88.

Sheldon’s face and name were most recognizable to fans of The Merv Griffin Show thanks to his 16-year sidekick stint but his trumpeting reached its greatest acclaim via the big screen with the forlorn Oscar- and Grammy-winning song The Shadow of Your Smile from The Sandpiper (1965).

Sheldon’s voice, however, became a signature part of Saturday morning cartoons for years thanks to two beloved installments of the oft-repeated Schoolhouse Rock educational series of animated shorts. The ABC series was ramping up its second season when it brought Sheldon in and the charismatic jazzman delivered winning performances both as the dedicated train conductor from Conjunction Junction (1974) and lonely piece of proposed legislation in the civics-minded I’m Just a Bill. (1975).

He was the former commissioner of the NBA that stands for National Basketball Association. For those who aren't sports inclined, that is who he was and what he did.

I didn't know we couldn't just offer our condolences.

Better?

UK TV 'medium and psychic' Derek Acorah has died at the age of 69, his wife has announced.

Gwen Acorah Johnson said her "beloved" husband had passed away "after a very brief illness".

Acorah was best known for Living TV's Most Haunted, a reality TV series that followed a team of paranormal experts as they investigated allegedly haunted locations. Most Haunted ran from 2002 to 2010 although it returned in an online edition and on Really TV at various times until 2019. Acorah departed as the show's guest medium after six series in 2005 over claims of fakery.

TV medium Derek Acorah dies aged 69

A bit of a 'like him or loathe him' figure, I found him entertaining (although not necessarily for the reasons he would have wished).

RIP

This is a comprehensive guide to the STAR TREK deaths of 2019
82627198_497559457564589_3683401366509715456_o.jpg

Wow, that's a lot. It's like an entire credits list at the end of an episode. :(

**** man, the best rock drummer in the world in my opinion. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"