RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

Actor Allen Garfield has died from complications from complication from covid-19 at age 80 Allen Garfield, Actor in 'The Conversation,' 'The Stunt Man' and 'Nashville,' Dies at 80

Garfield was in such movies as THE STUNT MAN, NASHVILLE, BEVERLY HILLS COP II, THE CONVERSATION, THE COTTON CLUB, and THE NINTH GATE.
MV5BYzg0MjJiNTgtZGM3MS00N2I3LTkyODUtMjc5ZGY4YTE2MjQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDc2NTEzMw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,620,1000_AL_.jpg

That link didn't give a cause but I looked around and apparently it was pancreatic cancer.

This sounds bad, but it’s almost a relief when someone in this thread recently doesn’t die of coronavirus.

Also not much better is when they are 80+ years old and it is typically related to their age as opposed to something more preventable.

This sounds bad, but it’s almost a relief when someone in this thread recently doesn’t die of coronavirus.
I know what you mean. If I had the choice between dying peacefully in my bed at home or gasping for breath with a tube down my throat in a hospital, I know which I would choose.

RIP Tim Brooke-Taylor. I haven't heard about him for years, but I remember him from the Goodies. Damn Coronavirus strikes again!

British motor racing legend Sir Stirling Moss has died at the age of 90 following a long illness.

He is widely regarded as one of the greatest Formula 1 drivers of all time, even though he did not win the World Championship.

Moss retired from public life in January 2018 because of ongoing health problems. "It was one lap too many, he just closed his eyes," said his wife Lady Moss.

Three-time F1 world champion Jackie Stewart told BBC Radio 5 Live: "He walked like a racing driver should walk, he talked like a racing driver, he looked like a racing driver and he set a standard that I think has been unmatched since he retired."

He was also an outstanding rally driver and in 1955 set a new course record in winning the famous Mille Miglia, a 1,000-mile race around Italy.

Sir Stirling Moss: Motor racing legend dies aged 90 after long illness

RIP

British motor racing legend Sir Stirling Moss has died at the age of 90 following a long illness.

He is widely regarded as one of the greatest Formula 1 drivers of all time, even though he did not win the World Championship.

Moss retired from public life in January 2018 because of ongoing health problems. "It was one lap too many, he just closed his eyes," said his wife Lady Moss.

Three-time F1 world champion Jackie Stewart told BBC Radio 5 Live: "He walked like a racing driver should walk, he talked like a racing driver, he looked like a racing driver and he set a standard that I think has been unmatched since he retired."

He was also an outstanding rally driver and in 1955 set a new course record in winning the famous Mille Miglia, a 1,000-mile race around Italy.

Sir Stirling Moss: Motor racing legend dies aged 90 after long illness

RIP

Ugh.

This hurts.

R.I.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member