• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

I know he was in First Blood and lots of other stuff, but the role I personally always associated him most with was the villainous crooked sheriff in the 1985 all star cast Western Silverado. You familiar with it @C. Lee ?

I know he was in First Blood and lots of other stuff, but the role I personally always associated him most with was the villainous crooked sheriff in the 1985 all star cast Western Silverado. You familiar with it @C. Lee ?
Oh yeah, it's one of my top westerns. There's a scene near the end where a townsmen asks him what's going on...Dennehy says "Hide and watch."....that had been my dad's go to response for that question for decades.

One of my favorite roles for him was in the miniseries A RUMOR OF WAR, a story based upon the memoir of Philip Caputo's adventures in the Vietnam war.

loved him in Tommy Boy that was probably one of my fave roles he did even tho it was a small part

Oh yeah, it's one of my top westerns. There's a scene near the end where a townsmen asks him what's going on...Dennehy says "Hide and watch."....that had been my dad's go to response for that question for decades.

One of my favorite roles for him was in the miniseries A RUMOR OF WAR, a story based upon the memoir of Philip Caputo's adventures in the Vietnam war.

I’m not usually a big Western fan, but my parents liked Silverado so I grew up watching it a few times and kind of have a soft spot for it. Dennehy always made a fun bad guy, also in River Rat with Tommy Lee Jones.

Loved that movie. Great cast too.

A very versatile actor. Think Silverado and then Cocoon.

I remember his chilling portrayal of John Wayne Gacy in the TV movie To Catch a Killer.
He really steals the show in that movie, it's an overall decent tv movie, but Dennehy's performance elevates it to being one of my favorite non-fiction serial killer movies.
RIP Brian Dennehy

The Callahan boys are having another big dance number up there today...

I loved him in Silverado for sure, but I also hold a soft spot in my heart for his taking over for Kirk Douglas (even though that casting always baffled me, as they look and act nothing alike)in the sequel to The Man From Snowy River.

The Callahan boys are having another big dance number up there today...

I loved him in Silverado for sure, but I also hold a soft spot in my heart for his taking over for Kirk Douglas (even though that casting always baffled me, as they look and act nothing alike)in the sequel to The Man From Snowy River.

Man from Snowy River was one of those cases where either of them would have been fine in both movies, but suddenly going from Kirk Douglas to Brian Dennehy is quite the transformation.

RIP Brian Dennehy.

I was going to fancast him as Trump in the Trump-Ukraine movie in the politics thread but then just saw he was dead now. Oh well. Probably wouldn't have been a good role to end on anyway.

Man from Snowy River was one of those cases where either of them would have been fine in both movies, but suddenly going from Kirk Douglas to Brian Dennehy is quite the transformation.

Indeed it was! He was great in that movie(and yeah, either would been fine in both) but it was an odd continuity thing. Odder than most recastings...

Actor Ranjit Chowdhry dies at age 64 ‘The Office’ Alum Ranjit Chowdhry Dies After Suffering Ruptured Ulcer at 64 he died after emergency surgery for a ruptured ulcer. He appeared in such shows as THE OFFICE, PRISON BREAK, and THIRD WATCH.
BB12O0bA.img

Producer and writer Andrew J. Fenady dies at age 91. Fenady wrote and produced such TV shows as THE REBEL, BRANDED, and HONDO. He also produced many theatrical and TV movies like John Wayne's CHISUM, Charles Bronson's YES VIRGINIA THERE IS A SANTA CLAUSE (one of Bronson's least known films, as it was a heartwarming Christmas story based on the real life event of the newspaper reporter who wrote the simularily titled op-ed and not a shoot'em up) and Bronson's THE SEA WOLF.

Late to the announcement but man was I gutted to hear about Brian Dennehy, RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"