RIP Roger Ebert

Roger-Ebert-Young-e1365163729688.jpg

It saddened me last night when I was out with a group of people after opening night of our show, and I mentioned the death of Ebert to the response of "who's that?"

It saddened me last night when I was out with a group of people after opening night of our show, and I mentioned the death of Ebert to the response of "who's that?"

My friends did not give a ****. Some didn't know who he was, some just didn't care. It's sad

If you're a film lover, not some movie watcher, but a film lover, you should know who Ebert was.

He also kept a great blog in recent years with some very witty, insightful thoughts about contemporary issues wholly unrelated to movies. It's hard to believe such a brilliant mind is gone. Haven't felt this bummed since Chris Hitchens died.

Get a new 'group of people' to hang out with. This group doesn't sound like the most intellectually stimulating bunch. :o

If you're a film lover, not some movie watcher, but a film lover, you should know who Ebert was.

No, you should not.
If I wasn't "fluent" ( reading at least ) in english and lurk on US/UK movie web sites I would not know him.

No, you should not.
If I wasn't "fluent" ( reading at least ) in english and lurk on US/UK movie web sites I would not know him.

No, you should know him involuntarily whether you speak English, French or Klingon. :argh: It should just be a hive mind thing.

My friends did not give a ****. Some didn't know who he was, some just didn't care. It's sad

Its sad that he passed away, but come on... he was a film critic, not someone super famous. Its not that unbelievable that someone has never heard of him.

Its sad that he passed away, but come on... he was a film critic, not someone super famous. Its not that unbelievable that someone has never heard of him.

Out. :o

Eh, I know who he is, and I still don't really care either way. I don't get upset or sad too much when a celebrity has died. Last one I can recall would probably have to be Jerry Orbach, but that was just me being selfish in that I wouldn't get to see his character spouting out slick one liners on Law and Order anymore.

Curiosity brought me to this page. I saw a snippet of his review on Leon, and he is quoted "Always at the back of my mind was the troubled thought that there was something wrong about placing a 12-year-old character in the middle of this action."

I just wished they had a video camera to see his face when he watched Kick Ass (another movie he dissed but I think is a fantastic movie) I don't know, I just rarely agreed with him in his movie reviews. Best critic I know in movies are my own friends and family. Sorry, no disrespect to anyone.

R.I.P. Roger Ebert

Probably my most respected movie critic. Dude gave 4 out of 4 stars to Knowing.

Westboro Baptist Chruch is planning to protest Ebert's funeral because he posted a link to an article criticizing an anti-gay group.

www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/apr/08/roger-ebert-funeral-westboro-baptist-church
:doh: I don't even take those people seriously anymore. Notice how they wait for the big ones like this and come screaming back into the public eye for ten minutes, then drift off to wait for the next time they can try and be edgy and throw their hate from the "true word of God." I've given them too much time of day just writing this post.

You need new friends.

You more often than not got a straight-forward and sensible critique of a film. Most importantly, and more than any other critic, it was about the experience of the film, and not the ability to deconstruct it that counted.

WBC doesn't deserve the time of day.

They only do stuff like this for the attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"