RIP Roger Ebert

Ah I had just heard his cancer came back. And now he has passed.

A good film critic. RIP.

I saw a recent clip of him not too long ago. Man was definitely not in good shape because of his cancer.

I liked reading his reviews. RIP.

Wow. Sad news. And his last review was GI Joe?

Yeah, he deserves his own thread on here, big time. This dude...his reviews always gave reason as to why he hated or liked something. Hate that his last review was The Host, but it was pretty funny.

Oh no.... Dammit.

I guess he's finally reunited with Siskel. But dammit, this is terrible.

Right before summer at that. I know if he was up for it he would have had a field day with all the **** coming out, that is what gets me.

I feel bad for his family. It's hard losing a loved one.

I feel bad for his family. It's hard losing a loved one.

Sure is. To think there's plenty of other pop culture figure heads that will pass away in my lifetime is kind of depressing. My best to his family and friends. :csad:

Such sad news. Always watched his film reviews. RIP.

I'm going to be bummed about this all day. I didn't always agree with him, but I loved his reviews regardless. I think anyone that writes about movies today, whether it's a hobby or for a profession, took some inspiration from Siskel and Ebert.

The other day when I read his cancer had come back, somehow I knew he wouldn't make it much longer.

See you at the movies, Roger :up:

R.I.P. :csad:

I know it is coming, and I do not fear it, because I believe there is nothing on the other side of death to fear. I hope to be spared as much pain as possible on the approach path. I was perfectly content before I was born, and I think of death as the same state. What I am grateful for is the gift of intelligence, and for life, love, wonder, and laughter. You can't say it wasn't interesting.

- Roger Ebert

I feel sad that I have never read a single review of his :csad: but from what I heard he was amazing. And yes European Gigolo did suck!

Hate cancer it just killed my Grandpa too! :csad:

As a film fanatic, this definitely hit me hard. His life deserves a thumbs up from us all. :up:

RIP

Wow. Sad news. And his last review was GI Joe?

It was actually The Host, and he didn't like it too much.

Siskel & Ebert together again.:up:

"the balcony is closed"... :csad:

RIP Roger...

He was my go-to critic. I'm not normally upset when someone famous passes, but this one bums me out. It was always a dream of mine to have Ebert review a film I might one day direct. Even when I didn't agree with his thoughts on the film, I knew he gave it his full attention and consideration.

RIP Roger Ebert. I disagreed with you as often as I agreed with you. But one thing is for sure, a giant in the field of film criticism has passed. Your legacy will endure throughout the ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"