RIP Vartha

Very saddened to hear this news. I had the pleasure of interacting with Vartha a few times on this forum and he was always pleasant and friendly and encouraging. He was looking forward to Thor:Ragnarok so much and was so crazy over the merchandise, it was infectious!

RIP Vartha.

I truly have never seen a more positive poster on this forum in my 11 years lurking/posting here. I hope he gets to see Ragnarok from wherever he is now. :(
You just made me tear up.
My condolences to you all

I just can't stop thinking about this, man it's so heart wrenching.

However I'm glad to see his daughter get some type of pleasant feelings from us during all of this.

I just can't stop thinking about this, man it's so heart wrenching.

However I'm glad to see his daughter get some type of pleasant feelings from us during all of this.

Oh, gosh, I'm gonna cry again. Vartha was the heart of this place and he is sorely missed.

It's nice to see you back posting again, my friend, though I wish the circumstances weren't so sad.

When I think about when I first signed up for this forum, Vartha is the first name who comes to mind. He was the first person to respond to a post of mine and I saw him posting everywhere (ie. he didn't have any favourites, he had lots to say about everything) so that point on he kind of became synonymous with this forum. I didn't know him well but I could tell right away he was a good person. I only wish I got to know him better.

Rest well, Vartha, and thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Its really strange knowing life goes on here without vartha.

It's going to he hare to hype for Ragnarok with him not around to do it along with us. :(

Indeed, its hard to feel like continuing the hype and discussion when I know he won't be part of those things anymore.

I'm another who didn't really know him, yet his presence was still a positive force that I think influenced everyone here regardless of direct or indirect interaction. So all the same, my heart mourns for him as though I knew him well.

Still, I'd like to believe we're honoring him by keeping the Thor hype alive. He would probably want us to keep it going. It's bittersweet now, but it has to be done, for Vartha.

My sympathies to his friends and family. He will be greatly missed by this community.

I just saw this thread after a very long hiatus. I am so sorry Vartha is no longer with us. He was a good mod and seemed like a great guy!

I think we should all get Vartha shirts made for Thor: Ragnarok's opening weekend.

"For Vartha" would be a cool thing to put on them.

I was only vaguely familiar with him. Seemed like a nice guy. My condolences go out to him and his family. May he rest in peace.

I wonder if he got to see the movie. I think Marvel has let some sick/dying fans see their movies early before.

I was only vaguely familiar with him. Seemed like a nice guy. My condolences go out to him and his family. May he rest in peace.

I wonder if he got to see the movie. I think Marvel has let some sick/dying fans see their movies early before.
It sounds like this is something that was very sudden and very unexpected (going by what Morg posted from his daughter back at the end of July). So I don't think/doubt he was able to see an early/rough cut (because, again, this happened in July - post production would've still been in process) of the movie in this life. Though I like to believe that he'll be right there with each and every one of us on opening day watching it from the other side.

Now that Thor Ragnarok is upon us, I plan on having a personal moment of silence before the movie and then I hope to enjoy it as much as I hope he would have.

Now that Thor Ragnarok is upon us, I plan on having a personal moment of silence before the movie and then I hope to enjoy it as much as I hope he would have.

I've had the same idea. It feels like the best place to pay him a thought.

Waititi and co did Vartha proud :up:

FOR VARTHA!

I thought of him while I was waiting for the movie to start today. He would have absolutely loved Ragnarok, in my heart it is dedicated to him and his memory.

I just joined after lurking to say my condolences on Vartha... I am so glad I stayed

I will totally be thinking of him when I go, and I wish I could read his review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"