Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

EJdlFP8XUAADNJP.jpg
This is awesome!

PalaceScope 81

New interview with Robert Pattinson, page 28-31.

It's in french, but here's a part in English where they summarize the thing:

It's interesting that he says he'll train for 6 months to be ready for Batman. Doesn't line up with the supposed January shooting date, but he's got more interviews and podcasts coming out so hopefully he tells us on one of those when will the film shoot.

Here's the extended parts in French where he talks Batman, so if anybody knows French and can translate it, please do
The 6 month thing could just mean the total months or filming.

Another small blurb where Rob talks about the role and unexpected directions that came from putting on the suit:

Start around 38:35

listened to some of that npr interview while i was driving at first, pattinson is a pretty funny guy. lol

Robert Pattinson and Jennifer Lopez on Batman, ‘Hustlers’ and ‘The Lighthouse’

Lopez: Why “Batman”?

Pattinson: With “Batman,” there was something — I was very focused on it. It kept coming back into my head.

Lopez: So you sought out the part?

Pattinson: Well, not sought it out directly. But I was interested in it. I don’t know what it is, which happened inside of me, but I was like, “I kind of want to do it.” I like doing something which an audience doesn’t know that it wants, and try to get it out of them: “Oh yeah, you want to play Batman.”

Lopez: You’re going to be Batman.

Pattinson: And that’s crazy! Let me tell you something. Whenever I see that little action figure, I still haven’t really got my head around it yet.

Lopez: I think you’d be a great Batman. An awesome Batman.

Can we get Jennifer as Renee Montoya? I know Rosie Perez is playing her in Harley Quinn & Friends, but I couldn't care less about that movie.

Another small blurb where Rob talks about the role and unexpected directions that came from putting on the suit:

Start around 38:35

Thanks of the link. So its confirmed that he hasn't tried on the new costume yet.

PalaceScope 81
Here's the extended parts in French where he talks Batman, so if anybody knows French and can translate it, please do

Yep. I did my best. Here we go :

Q : You, who did everything to find directors that would break your image, you’re now right in the middle of shooting Tenet, a Chris Nolan top secret superproduction and you’re also about to be the new Batman…

A : I never wanted to take distance from Hollywood to avoid big movies but to do what I’d liked to do. You get a different feeling making films that you know won’t be seen by a lot of people. It’s like pushing other buttons. Even when I did Twilight, a part of me didn’t hated doing something that could reach such a big audience…
I don’t know, I guess I've been confident enough to say yes. And, what can I say, I like to be in the spotlight ! (laugh)

Q : Asked about your role as Batman, Christian Bale declared in laughing : « He better do some musculation because they’ll ask him to take off his shirt ! »
How do you prepare yourself for a role like that ?

A: I can’t say anything. Really. Even for Tenet, Warner called me, like a few minutes before this interview, just to remind me that I can’t say a word about the story ! For that kind of movie, they lock you in a closed room to read the scenario !
So right now, I’m finishing my scenes at night with Chris Nolan, and after that, I will torture my body for six month. I already called my coach to tell him : « Remember everything I said about steroids ? Well, I take it all back ! » (laugh)
I already have an idea how to make the Batman role mine. You’ll be surprised.

Last edited:
Well, looks like he will be training for 6 months. I assume that would roll into filming unless they are starting at a later time and not January as has been rumored.

Really looking forward to full interview articles with Pattinson talking Batman. I have complete faith he's going to pleasantly surprise many and should just be fun reads that will add so much to the hype

If there's something that fancasting Batman for months and months before Robert got cast has taught us is that the late 20s-early 30s generation of actors really sucks.

There are many great actors of that age, it's just that they are not famous.

It will be a tremendous breakthrough for the character if Pattinson/Reeves pull it off.

Because of his image as the "straight man" there's been this perception an actor can't really stretch out their muscles as with someone like a Joker. But no one's ever really tried either.

It's a dangerous move to play, but it yields so much success when it goes right.

Robert Pattinson spent first day of 'The Lighthouse' shoot naked and 'losing my mind'

48:46 for The Batman part.

“There’s something that always appealed to me about it. I feel like it sort of exist exists outside the realm of(..)The Batman movies have always attracted really really good directors and really good actors playing it. It’s got a legacy and a lineage to it. It’s never seemed to me like it was just a cash-in. If you look at the Burton ones and even how the TV series was done. People still watch the TV series. That is a classic TV show. Its very very very well done and the performances are great. It’s a very interesting kind of pop art-y TV show. And it's funny. Yeah, I just always feel like it’s not like they just made a movie so they could sell toys. I'm sure there was a part of them that did it but the first Batman's... Jack Nicholson is playing the bad guy. It's literally like... I think there's something very special about it. And also I just-those Tim Burton Batman when I was younger I was obsessed with them and on top of that I don't know why I just, even when I'm-I was just sorta thinking about it... and then when Ben didn't wanna do it or couldn't do it -nobody knows what happened with it- but there was just something, I remember calling my agent and she was just like "Really?" but I've had it in my head for a while, like, that was the only superhero thing I've ever done.

I've been saying from the start that I think Pattinson will offer up a more Keaton-esque Batman. His singling out the Burton movies for praise only fills me with more confidence on that score.
He also gushed over Christian Bale in another interview. I wouldn't think too much on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"