Robin Hood

PrinceMarvel

Civilian
Reaction score
There are five different Robin Hood movies in the works. Disney is working on one that supposed to be like Pirates of the Caribbean. Lionsgate is working on one, I think it’s supposed to be similar to movies such as X-Men: Origins and Batman Begins. Sony is working on one that is supposedly like Mission: Impossible or the current Fast and Furious movies. And I think DreamWorks is working on more of a Robin Hood Cinematic Universe.

I say all this, because, I would like to introduce my own version of Robin Hood which is inspired by Stars Wars, with archers and archery replacing Jedi knights and the force. Each of my version of the Robin Hood characters are somewhat inspired, or better yet, can easily replace one of the characters from Star Wars.

Robin Hood is actually more like Han Solo than Luke Skywalker, and if this was Star Wars, it would actually be retold through Han Solo’s perspective. Of course, Robin Hood is actually more soldier than smuggler.

Either Little John or a Saracen/Moor character will be the stand-in for Chewbacca. I am leaning more towards Little John as he is supposed to be the biggest of the merry men, but I’ve thought about going with modern trends and using a Saracen/Moor character. If I do go with the Saracen/Moor character than Little John will not be based on any specific Star Wars character.

One of the Wills (Scarlet or Stutely) will be my Luke Skywalker (although he would not be training for anything). If I go with Scarlet for my Luke Skywalker character, he will be Robin’s nephew.

Gilbert Whitehand will replace Obi-Wan Kenobi. A few differences, Gilbert will not be training any specific character, especially since my main character, Robin, is already a master archer. I am also thinking about drawing inspiration from Duncan in Kevin Costner’s Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and make Gilbert blind. If I do, he will be a capable fighter who has learned to rely on his other senses, like Stick and Daredevil.

Alan-a-Dale and Much the Miller’s son will be in the rolls of C3P0 and R2D2 (no they will not be droids). Much will be in his early teens, with Alan-a-Dale as his tutor. Their characteristics will be like the two droids, with Much always being ready and eager to fight, while Alan is more cautious.

Maid Marian will replace Princess Leia, and Friar Tuck will not be based on any Star Wars characters.

(Believe it or not, Maid Marian, Friar Tuck and Alan-a-Dale were not part of the earlier Robin Hood ballads and were added later. So I may decide to leave them out of my story. Should I choose to do so, I will use an earlier love of Robin Hood to replace Maid Marian. I won’t have a Friar Tuck character and I will either use whichever Will that I didn’t use for my Luke, or I will use a character named Gamble Gold, who is Robin Hood’s cousin)

I will be using Richard at the Lee in place of Lando Calrissian.

As for my bad guys… The Emperor, Darth Vader and Boba Fett will be replaced by Prince John, the Sheriff of Nottingham and Guy of Gisbourne.

(The earlier Robin Hood ballads were actually kind of vague on when they took place, and were not originally associated with the Crusades, that didn’t happen until Sir Walter Scott wrote Ivanhoe, which also brought on the idea of Robin stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. Because of this, I may decide to set Robin Hood in the time of the “realistic” King Arthur movie that was made in 2004 and using some of Arthur’s back story for my Robin’s).

I might even call it Sherwood instead of Robin Hood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"