Robin or no Robin?

dick in the first movie. jason todd in the second, only to get ****ed up by the joker death in the family style. then tim drake for the 3rd.

I wanna see a robin beaten to death by a pipe by the joker.

It could be equivalent to us seeing bane breaking the bats back in tdkr, maybe even better.

Been a fan of Batman for almost 50 years, but not a fan of Robin. I voted no Robin.

I'd most like the new series to either start off with Dick Grayson as Nightwing,Jason Todd dead,Barbara Gordon as Oracle and Wayne Tech intern Tim Drake in training to become the third Robin or wait until to sequel for Dick Grayson's orgin incorporated with the Court of Owls.

Jason Todd. Kill him with a crowbar in the second movie, and introduce Dick Grayson as Nightwing.

Seriously, I would love a Robin Begins type of movie with an already established Batman. That would be a fresh take, presenting the new cinematic Batman from the eyes of Dick Grayson.

I don't really see the point of bringing Robin into the franchise just to kill him off...

But yeah, I want to see Robin.

I'm not a big fan (to say the least) of sidekick characters, least of all to Batman, so a classic depiction of this young boy running along with Wayne is obviously a big NO for me.

But I'm open for some kind of integration of the character in the plot, as long as it doesn't take away the dark tone that a batman movie certainly needs to have.

I think a Robin can work in a Batman franchise. To me he doesn't have to be a child, but a younger teen is fine. Being a teen things can be conflicting wondering who you are; with a young Robin, Batman helps instill a choice to let him find out who and what he wants to be. I think a very clever writer can in corporate Robin into this type of franchise while still keeping it dark and serious.

I want the Bat family. I've always thought of Bruce as King Arthur. I love Nolan's Batman. But it would be awesome to have the character drama of balancing these characters. And I think the WB should fund a Batman franchise with the scope of LOTR. That way we get 4hr extended editions.

SXNfHoa.jpg

Logan Lerman
or
Ezra Miller
7gIevhv.jpg

as Dick Grayson

Ezra Miller is 5'11. Bats would have to even be taller then

His height isn't a problem. I don't want a Batman shorter than 5'11 anyways :o
Jon Hamm is 6'0, Anson Mount 6'1, Karl Urban 6'1, Ryan Gosling 6'1...

Depending how "realistic" they want to go, I'd have Batman have his own version of "the Baker Street Irregulars." Maybe the "Park Row Regulars" that all wear red shirts with yellow "R"s on the breast. And their names are Dick, Jason, Tim, Steph, etc.

It's weird I've been against Robin for years but things like Young Justice have made me realise how much I actually like the character. I would eave him out of the first film but bring him in for a sequel, in fact a film based off the Robin's Reckoning storyline from Batman the Animated series would be ideal.

I'd just like to say that the idea of having a different Robin in each movie is terrible. It makes the Robin position look interchangeable, as if none of the Boy Wonders are important in their own way; as if Bruce just needs a brighter colored target for the criminals to shoot at. If there will be a Robin, whomever it may be, the movies need to focus on his/her development as well as Batman's.

I just want Robin , so that he gets crushed by Joker and Bruce goes full mental

If he's not getting smashed , then i dont want him in the movies.

I just want Robin , so that he gets crushed by Joker and Bruce goes full mental

If he's not getting smashed , then i dont want him in the movies.

I'm sorry, but that is a very flawed train of thought.

Big yes to Robin.

If they intend to actually build the family over a series of films, then they should start with Dick Grayson. But if they wanted to hit the ground running with a whole Batfamily, than I think Tim Drake should be the main Robin we focus on. He's defined Robin as the partner in crime fighting for the modern era, and he arguably was written as more of a relatable character than the other Robins.

Also, Tim rocks.

I'm sorry, but that is a very flawed train of thought.

I don't think so. I like a grieved Batman. I like to see Batman feeding himself of his own sorrow.

This is a flawed train of thought

sockchuks.gif

I don't think so. I like a grieved Batman. I like to see Batman feeding himself of his own sorrow.

This is a flawed train of thought

sockchuks.gif

Kill off someone else then. Like Alfred. Don't use Robin if you won't use him right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"