The Dark Knight Rises Nolan...add Robin!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a lounge! oh my. Also still not for a robin. Maybe a reference at the end but still not super thrilled

there is a lounge! oh my. Also still not for a robin. Maybe a reference at the end but still not super thrilled
While I am for Robin, I can't see Nolan adding him in what seems to be his final Bat film.

In my opinion it would feel real out of place but it is entirely possible that they can make that work

You never know, WB may offer him mega money to continue....

At most they might get him to do one more film...but it's not like he can't get another job directing other films, either. I think he's ready to move on after one more...and he's more than earned enough clout and respect to do what he wants. He almost certainly wouldn't stick around to do another film that incorporates Robin if he has no intention of portraying the character ever.

I could see a fourth film introducing Dick Grayson though...as it's around his third year mark. But that would only be necessary if Nolan does another trilogy. If it's just a fourth movie, and not an additional fifth or sixth, then obviously there won't be a Dick in the movie(haha).

A fourth movie, I would love to see Penguin with some freaks, ala Killer Croc.

2. To me, making Robin a dark, gritty character just smacks of this:

17274_slide.jpg

I mean, what's the point? The entire reason for Robin to exist is to lighten the mood. If you want to make a lighter Batman movie, great, put Robin in there. But please, no dark and gritty Robin.

Robin is already a dark character, with all the psychological trauma of Batman, and has been so for the past 25 years. Lightening the mood is not the reason Robin exists, because he doesn't do that, and still exists. Just wanted to point that out after I right-clicked Save As... Now, if you could point me to 25 years worth of dark portrayals of the Three Stooges, then the comparison would be quite on point.

The_Dark_Knight_x_Robin_2_by_qBATMANp.jpg

alright, if this won't convince people that robin is cool, then i really don't know what will. as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

and how is robin not useful?..if he'd actually been not useful, don't you think he would have been out of batman lore a long time ago. the thing is, robin's been around just as long as batman has, minus one year. i mean c'mon guys...to disregard robin completely, or to think he's been a stain on batman...that's just crazy. if you don't like robin, then you might as well not like 90-some % of all batman stories...and besides, without robin, batman would be reckless...while training minors to become crime fighters is indeed unethical, it sure beats the crap out of a psycho batman and/or a gotham city worse than it could be.

I love Robin, but in a film series, Robin can't be a mini-Batman. He has to become more than just a boy. He has to become a symbol. He has to represent the future and the past of Batman, by being 1) a kid in the same plight 2) the one person who can potentially take over for Batman after he dies. He's useful as an errand boy, recon unit and spy, something that Alfred, Lucius and Gordon are all overqualified or unprepared to do, but it's still needed. Having Robin as an apprentice (not a sidekick) makes Batman a grown man who realizes his mortality, and that is fodder for stories that no other character in the franchise can create.

It is sad that people act as though Robin is still what he was in 1940. The plain truth is, Robin's been a dark character as long as Batman has. He just has a more colorful costume.

See, while I hate the general segmentation of those suits, that's pretty much how I'd want Robin to look on film, at least in terms of color scheme, except more black, and just a "red breast" down the middle and up over his pecs. And I'll still never understand why the master of stealth goes around with a bright gold belt.

See, while I hate the general segmentation of those suits, that's pretty much how I'd want Robin to look on film, at least in terms of color scheme, except more black, and just a "red breast" down the middle and up over his pecs. And I'll still never understand why the master of stealth goes around with a bright gold belt.

To attract bullets away from his face, of course. Oh wait, maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea. :hehe:

Nolan presents Wayne publicly as a complete bone head. He's a rich, pompous, socialite who gets drunk and throws parties, burns down his massive mansion, randomly goes off on vacations on his yacht with a ton of hot babes, and sleeps on the job. I can't imagine the publicly presented Wayne having a serious talk with Gordon about taking a kid in. Remember their chat in Dark Knight when Bruce runs into the van. Gordon thinks Wayne has become just another rich pompous Gothamite. Not in a million years would anyone allow Wayne to adopt a child with the public persona he puts across.

What if in the next film Gordon were to come to realize, or come to an understanding with Batman that he knows Bruce Wayne and Batman are one and the same?

What if after all that has happened in the life of Batman (going on the run as a fugitive) Bruce Wayne decides to take up the mantel of a "hero with a face" that Harvey Dent was? Starting to do philanthropic works and charities? This could go right into him adopting a child who's family was also murdered in front of him.

What if with the presence of "freaks" in Gotham on the rise (in The Dark Knight we see the Joker and Two-Face), the mob is desperate for ways to keep control of the city and traffic their weapons and drugs. One of the last venues that they have to move their products is using the Circus' trailers. There could be a mob/freak shoot out that Batman is present at that the Grayson's get caught in the crossfires, leaving Dick Grayson orphaned?

There are so many interesting places to take the story that could include Dick Grayson. He even fits in thematically of vindication of the Batman, and of Bruce Wayne in the public's and his own eyes.

Bruce would also view the saving of Dick Grayson as making up for his failure on Harvey Dent--not being able to save him from becoming a villain. He could salvage that from Dick and stop the possibility of having to face this young man as a formidable enemy one day.

-R

yo. if people can suspend their disbelief, and accept hit-girl and actually like her, then they can for robin. that's what i think anyways. kick-ass definitely had a different kind of realism...probably more sarcastic...but i think robin is possible, and to some extent necessary. maybe not in the nolan-verse, but i only say that because people will get tired of seeing the same thing.

hate on robin all you want, but if the nolan brothers really tried to make robin work - i'm sure they can perform the greatest inception ever in changing the minds of an entire generation of how cool robin is.

i mean i'm pretty sure he won't show up though. but hey, if nolan's helping out with superman stuff, maybe he's having a change of heart? only time will tell i guess.

I don't understand the whole "He's a kid, so it's silly" thing. Do I want him to be eight years old? No. But Robin being young and uber capable and falling into a life of danger and adventure is kind of the whole point.

I have very mixed feelings about Robin returning to the big screen!,I'm sure Nolan could make it work IF he tried and IF Robin is 19-24yo like Chris O'Donnel was in BF and B&R then would be good with me....But I think Robin is better for a cartoon or a live-action tv show and plus I never really liked any Robins all that much to really want him in the movies.

IF Nightwing ever makes it to the big screen.....I would love it to be in a whole new movie universe after Nolan's trilogy,Based on a bit older Batman and stuff already established with Nightwing and Barbra as Oracle.

IF Robin indeed some how makes it into B3 then alright cool!,But IF not then I won't really care much.

introducing robin would just make it easier to make fun of batman. he already is the world's most eligible bachelor, now you want to add a kid(creepy) or another guy(questionable). it would be funny though to see one of his villains call him a perv or gay.

I thank God for Batman and Robin's utter failiure - it'll put studio execs off using the boy wonder for a long time. Just because he's a big part of the character's mythology doesn't mean I should automatically want him in the movies.

I thank God for Batman and Robin's utter failiure - it'll put studio execs off using the boy wonder for a long time. Just because he's a big part of the character's mythology doesn't mean I should automatically want him in the movies.

:awesome:

I AGREE! I WANT NOTHING MORE THAN TO SEE ROBIN THE BOY WONDER IN CAPE AND TIGHTS WITH THE R ON HIS SHIRT BY BATMAN'S SIDE IN THE NEXT BATMAN MOVIE! NOLAN! GET A BRAIN AND PUT ROBIN IN THE NEXT FILM! But make him dark like Batman and give him the current red Robin costume with the R on it. thanks!

I don't want to see him as Robin, but I think Dick Grayson could work in the final film. The thing that interests me about Bruce adopting Dick is that it's not entirely an altruistic act; Bruce is always obsessing over his own tragedy on some level, and he sees that tragedy reflected in what happens to the Graysons. I'm sure he does want to help Dick, but in trying to avenge the Graysons for the boy, he's also still searching for a way to kill his own pain.

If Dick were in the movie and this angle of it were emphasized, I think it could be used to further illustrate the inner demons Bruce has to face. I don't think Dick should be a large presence-- just a sad little boy milling about the manor, longing for attention and warmth and never receiving it because his guardian thinks he's serving the child better by spending his time on the streets, pursuing "justice". Make him very young and there's no reason to believe he'd be starting out as Robin anytime soon, anyway. Perhaps a hint toward the end of the film that he will one day begin training with Bruce, but nothing too overt.

Just my opinion, but I don't actually think Nolan will include him, anyway. I think Dick is an important character in Batman's life, more important in his role as an adopted son that helps Bruce look away from the darkness on occasion than as Batman's exuberant young partner.

I was thinking that Bruce shouldnt adopt Dick right away. He should go to the funural, talk to him, offer to help him in anything he needs but step away. Even he should know that Dick would be better off with a normal family than him. Dick should start being Robin on his own, and Bruce seeing that Dick isnt going to settle for a normal life would adopt him and train him.

I would love to see Robin, but know it will never happen under Nolan. It's too bad.

It would be interesting to see Robin, especially if it's true that Batman will meet his end in this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"