The Dark Knight Rises Nolan...add Robin!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triadkd

Civilian
Reaction score
Look face it robin is as important to batman as alfred. Everyone blames robin for ruining the last two bat films but that couldnt be farther from the truth. The only problem with robin in BF and BR was that he was to old. This is supposed to be a comic book movie, so make it like comic book and add the boy wonder. He doesent have to be robin, I would settle for dick grayson, as long as he is living with bruce by the end of the film.

Oh dear me.... there are far too many threads on this topic.

Nolan's already suggested it is highly unlikely that Robin will make an appearance in the films, while he is directing...

No more super kids please. Stick to batman's story.

Freddie is back!!!!!!!! OH NO!!!!!!!

I always thought Robin Leech would be a good Alfred! :oldrazz:

leech.jpg

Bwahahahhahahahahaha~!~!~!~!~!~!~!!!!!!!!!!!

Spiderfreddie is back! And, to think everyone thought he was gone for good :(

Isn't Bruce Wayne Supposed to be like 32 in the movies or something like that? I think we got at least 8 years to go before robin can make an apperance

L0ngsh0t said:
Isn't Bruce Wayne Supposed to be like 32 in the movies or something like that? I think we got at least 8 years to go before robin can make an apperance

No in the film Bruce turned 30. in real life bale is 31.

Wesyeed said:
No more super kids please. Stick to batman's story.

Robin is an integral part of Batman's story.

Problem with Robin in the film franchise is the time between the film productions and the unstoppable aging process, an authentically aged Robin(13 or so) in one film would be closer to NightWing age in a following film.

Two Face said:
No in the film Bruce turned 30. in real life bale is 31.

Legistics my friend I used the words "like 30" cause I wasn't to sure, but thanks for the clairification:cwink:

L0ngsh0t said:
Why? In the comics, Robin came into the picture when Batman was like 27.

Robin will not work in Nolan's vision. Like bale said back in the days, "Having robin in the trilogy will make batman campy and not dark". I think that says it all if you want robin you can go accused joel schumacher for messing it up. So take robin out of your dreams....

P.S. No robin, No superman, No nothing just Batman kicking ass and claiming names.

L0ngsh0t said:
You think wrong. Batman took on Robin in his late twenties.

While I'm not as anti-Robin as everyone else seems to be, at this point in the game he's not right. Bruce is still in his early stages as Batman, for him (well, Nolan) to bring in Robin at this point would be kind of stupid. He should appear at the earliest in the fourth film, if there is a fourth film, which I somehow doubt.

Triadkd said:
Look face it robin is as important to batman as alfred. Everyone blames robin for ruining the last two bat films but that couldnt be farther from the truth. The only problem with robin in BF and BR was that he was to old. This is supposed to be a comic book movie, so make it like comic book and add the boy wonder. He doesent have to be robin, I would settle for dick grayson, as long as he is living with bruce by the end of the film.

The only problem with Robin in the 90's films is that:

A. He was poorly written
B. He was too old
C. They chose the actor that played him by asking kids at a comic convention who would win in a fight Chris O'Donnel or Leo DiCaprio.

So basically, take away everything they did with Robin in the 90's and he was a pretty good character.

I would agree though, Dick Grayson and Robin is important to Batman - just not an early career Batman.

saint sinner x said:
Robin will not work in Nolan's vision. Like bale said back in the days, "Having robin in the trilogy will make batman campy and not dark". I think that says it all if you want robin you can go accused joel schumacher for messing it up. So take robin out of your dreams....

P.S. No robin, No superman, No nothing just Batman kicking ass and claiming names.

I think not including these characters takes away from Batman as a character.

Batman is a one man show Norman, at least in the Batman Begins trilogy.

DARKNESS!!!!!!!!!

saint sinner x said:
Batman is a one man show Norman, at least in the Batman Begins trilogy.

DARKNESS!!!!!!!!!

I see no reason why Dick Grayson can not be added at the end of BB3, if done like it was in Dark Victory.

Robin is an important character to Batman and he can very easily work in the Begins universe because it works in The Animated Series and Current Comics (both very similar to Begins as far as feeling goes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"