Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=42190
Who Gets Roland Emmerich's 2012?
Source: Variety
February 20, 2008

Variety reports that Roland Emmerich is ready to wreak havoc on the planet, and once again, multiple studios are vying to go along for the ride.

CAA is shopping 2012, an apocalyptic spec script written by Emmerich and Harald Kloser, who collaborated on 10,000 B.C., opening in theaters on March 7.

According to the trade, studio executives read the script Tuesday, and indications are that nearly all of them were interested enough to meet with Emmerich and representatives Wednesday to hear his budget projection and creative aspirations.

After that, studios will bid on what is essentially a greenlit film, one that Emmerich intends to direct next and have ready for a summer 2009 release.

This is the 3rd movie in the last year with this title.

Emmerich has consistently let me down for the past several years. Haven't liked any of his movies since ID4 and The Patriot.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=42248

Emmerich's 2012 Goes to Sony
Source: Variety
February 21, 2008

That didn't last long! Just yesterday we mentioned that Roland Emmerich and Harald Kloser's 2012 was being shopped around to studios, and now, according to Variety, a heated Wednesday bidding battle ended with Sony Pictures buying the spec script for a summer 2009 tentpole release.

The trade says that several studios bid on the project, while some shied away from a price-tag that could hit $200 million.

The Emmerich-directed pic will start production in late summer or early fall.

The title refers to the apocryphal date that the world is supposed to end, and it frames an ensemble disaster epic akin to The Day After Tomorrow, the blockbuster that Emmerich sold in a similar spec sale and which turned into a global hit for 20th Century Fox.

The Emmerich-directed prehistoric epic 10,000 B.C. (co-written by Kloser) will be released by Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures on March 7.

so basicly he is making a movie where in 2012 the world would really end?

Maybe the world doesn't end. It'll be a movie about nothing, and Jerry Seinfeld could star!

Emmerich seems to have some fetish with mass hysteria, destuction, and the world possibily ending.

Sony got the rights for this film. Seems like they forgot how much godzilla sucked for them critically and how dissapointing it did boxoffice wise.

He did reveal one or two things about the plot:

• It's about the end of the world, obviously. Everyone knew this already.
  • Some survive. Again, obvious. But he also revealed that they're facing a threat after the destruction. What kind of threat? Didn't say.

The minions of Satan will hunt people down and brand them with 666.

Why can't we have an 'end of the world' movie where the world really ends. Has it ever been done? I would love to see it, the screen just turns to black, no last minute happy ending, just nothing. It would just be the most erie feeling.

Dinosaurs will be fighting man in the ruins of NYC.

I gar ****ing tee it.

actually, there is a movie called "the end of the world" that stars christopher lee. and yes, the world explodes at the end. quite hilariously too!

What exactly will happen to 2012: The War For The Souls? The Michael Bay produced film.

Gone, then?

Why can't we have an 'end of the world' movie where the world really ends. Has it ever been done? I would love to see it, the screen just turns to black, no last minute happy ending, just nothing. It would just be the most erie feeling.
because those movies are made in america.
and you need this cliche ending. they can nto make a movie about the end of the world.look at I am legend. the movie should have ended with will smith. But NOOOOO. lets end the movie with a church and some women talking about BS.

Check out Last Night by Don McKellar. It's supposed to be awesome (adn David Cronenberg is in it). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Night_(film)

So, how will Emmerich divert the apocalypse this time? I vote for Bruce Willis and a pack of trained wolves.

Check out Last Night by Don McKellar. It's supposed to be awesome (adn David Cronenberg is in it). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Night_(film)

So, how will Emmerich divert the apocalypse this time? I vote for Bruce Willis and a pack of trained wolves.

I vote for a group of random people who just happen to cover every racial/ethnic type, hair colour and essential survival skill. :hoboj:

And the centre of whatever destruction it is will be New York City, of course. Where else? :whatever:

What a shame he isn't a better director. No one else can make epic without soul like Emmerich! :applaud

i actually like Emmerich. his stuff might not exactly be the deepest of the pond but i've found them entertaining.

that being said, i've had an interest in 2012 for a lil' while and i can't think of anyone better to handle the project. however, i want to know what his pitch is before i start getting excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"