Days of Future Past "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Singer has nothing against Cyclops, that's a dumb thing to say. The movie where Cyclops was really screwed over (X3) was the one that Singer had NOTHING to do with. Cyclops got a decent-sized role on X1 and there were reasons for him not being in X2 much. Singer was going to make him the focus in his version of X3, so he's got nothing against Cyclops.

Yeah that's why he was planning a larger role for cyclops In third film because
he hated character:doh:

I thought Cyclops' role diminished in X2 because of Singer, and perhaps he had some big plans for Scott in the third movie, but the fact is that it never materialized so I don't think we know exactly how it will turn out. I also think that if Singer had been disappointed with the way Cyclops went out in X3, he could've done something in FC or DOFP to try to bring him back, but so far we got nothing in FC and we have heard no news regarding Cyke in DOTP either.

Yeah I'm thinking they can rework any potential after credit scenes or final scenes, where Logan wakes up and is thrilled to find Jean and Cyke are still alive, but then Cyke is like, "Are you ready for the real battle now, only to steal my girl and have my character get the shaft again?"

Unfortunately, I don't anticipate any sort of cliffhanger ending until they get the actors they want under contract, which can happen within the next 6 months prior to DoFP being released.

I thought Cyclops' role diminished in X2 because of Singer, and perhaps he had some big plans for Scott in the third movie, but the fact is that it never materialized so I don't think we know exactly how it will turn out. I also think that if Singer had been disappointed with the way Cyclops went out in X3, he could've done something in FC or DOFP to try to bring him back, but so far we got nothing in FC and we have heard no news regarding Cyke in DOTP either.
Dude... just no.

Famke goes without saying because as we saw from the wolverine she's still gorgeous and talented and amazing

tumblr_inline_mxaqnllCH31s91j3n.gif

:awesome::awesome::awesome:

Part of the reason Scott's role in X2 was diminished was because of the story that was being adapted, it had Scott taken out of the equation from very early on. If I remember correctly, Marsden actually asked if there was any way he could get some kind of fight scene because of his smaller role and I believe Singer gave him that brief scene with the guards before Deathstrike took him down. So if anything Singer was interested in trying to make Scott's character more involved.

I have it on good authority that the writers of X-Men First Class were given parameters about the characters they had to work with. So they couldn't add Cyclops, because he wasn't what FOX wanted.

I would be happy if on James Marsden's IMDB we saw and it's announced that he's the first to sign on for X-Men Apocalypse. That would be cool. I'm still not ruling out a cameo in a mid-credits scene or something... Even if it's just a voice-over... something to let us know the future is different and he's alive.

Part of the reason Scott's role in X2 was diminished was because of the story that was being adapted, it had Scott taken out of the equation from very early on. If I remember correctly, Marsden actually asked if there was any way he could get some kind of fight scene because of his smaller role and I believe Singer gave him that brief scene with the guards before Deathstrike took him down. So if anything Singer was interested in trying to make Scott's character more involved.

But the question is why was Cyclops given such a small role? His role was written that way for a reason. Singer has been pretty involved in the stories of these films. If we wanted Cyclops to have bigger role he could have pressed for it.

What about the deleted scene in x2

But the question is why was Cyclops given such a small role? His role was written that way for a reason. Singer has been pretty involved in the stories of these films. If we wanted Cyclops to have bigger role he could have pressed for it.

I'm not too familiar with "God Loves, Man Kills", the story X2 is largely based on, but I believe it also sidelined Cyclops. The idea is to leave the team disbanded for dramatic purposes I guess. He got the shaft in that film, but for real story purposes. Singer remarked that Cyclops got shafted in the film on the director's commentary, and from what we've seen of his proposed X3 story, the character was going to get his due in that story. Sadly it never came to be. I think it's safe to say that what happened to Scott in the trilogy wasn't a vendetta on Singer's part.

Fox on the other hand.... They seem pretty lukewarm to the character, or at least did in the dark days.

I'm all for Cyclops getting his due on the big screen, but let's face it, I strongly believe that DOFP is the final bow for the OC and I think James' & Famkes' version of Scott/Jean should stay dead. Why bring them back to life so in a X5/X6 Logan can outshine Scott again? NO!

I'd say the only way we'll get to see Scott shine is if he is re-casted for the prequel series. We can finally see him lead the team, his relationship w/Jean unfold, and his bond w/Charles. Sadly we won't see Jimmy be the Cyke that we know he would've been but, it's time to "pass the torch."

Im sure if James was back with the adult cast, Singer and writer wouldnt repeat the same mistakes.

They and Fox know perfectly how well Avengers was recieved and the decent job Marvel has done with Captain America, having enough scenes to shine while leading the team at the end too, so I think Fox and Singer would want to use a similar formula with the X-Men too.

We live in a new era, totally different from year 2000, so Fox and Singer would improve on past mistakes.

I agree with that. When singer started the xfranchise superheroes were seen as something to be ashamed of. Now you can't make a billion dollars without them just about!

Plus who doesn't love jean and Scott (with the potential of Emma frost later hopefully closer to Scott's ages bracket)

I strongly believe that DOFP is the final bow for the OC

With the X-Men films that were released after X3 that failed to outgross or perform like the OT films. Why in the world Fox wouldn't consider doing another X-Men film with them?

Anyway, this is just a waiting game. Only time can tell.

I'm gonna need Jean to come in on these Sentinels like:
endsong1.jpg

Won't happen but would be nice.

Oh man if that were to happy, I wouldn't need anything else for my birthday or Christmas that year

Jean/Phoenix might have been one of the few who could take out those Sentinels.

So with all of this info about X-Men Apocalypse being a FC sequel, does anyone still expect Marsden/Janssen to show up at the end? The speculation has certainly simmered on that front..

So with all of this info about X-Men Apocalypse being a FC sequel, does anyone still expect Marsden/Janssen to show up at the end? The speculation has certainly simmered on that front..

If Wolverine is successful, then hope has not died. But, we shall see.

Hemlock Grove Season 2 is apparently right around the corner, so hopefully Famke gets asked again about DOFP.

Hemlock Grove Season 2 is apparently right around the corner, so hopefully Famke gets asked again about DOFP.

if she has a very small cameo at the end i doubt she would talk about it in an interview

if she has a very small cameo at the end i doubt she would talk about it in an interview

True, but I don't think she's that good of a liar. It'd be interesting to see her have to lie about it (if in fact it's a lie).

EDIT: Same with Marsden, he has a difficult time keeping a lid on things (see X3 drama from 2004)

Anyone here a body language expert?:o

But the question is why was Cyclops given such a small role? His role was written that way for a reason.

That was his role in the original "God Loves, Man Kills." He, along with Professor X, get kidnapped in the original comic book run as well. The only thing they changed about that was Storm - in the original storyline she also gets kidnapped along with them.

I'm probably going to assume they didn't do the same with Storm because they wanted to avoid the whole "Damsel in Distress" aspect that would undoubtedly come up.

I'm probably going to assume they didn't do the same with Storm because they wanted to avoid the whole "Damsel in Distress" aspect that would undoubtedly come up.

Or maybe it was just because Halle Berry needed more screentime. :hehe: :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back