Ron Howard's Rush With Chris Hemsworth

For the record, on looks alone, Hemsworth was preposterously well cast.

hemsworth-hunt-header.jpg

Hemsworth looks like a XL version of the guy hes playing with Howard directing I think this will be good even for a race car movie.

Chris Hemsworth would have been a great Jack Reacher..

Hemsworth is way too big to be a convincing F1 driver. Good to see him getting good projects with big name directors though.

Not really. Hunt was 6'1'', Hemsworth is 6'3''. That nearly fits. Marc Webber is 6'1'' too. True, most of the drivers are skinny and lightweights but Hunt was a one of the bigger.

:oall Aussies look the same to you:oldrazz:

No, Hugh Jackmann and Russel Crowe do not :cwink:

Some new set pics.

Rush04.jpg

Rush05.jpg

The top hat seems to be a bit small, lol.

Rush06.jpg

Cheers!

Rush07.jpg

And a short article from E online: http://de.eonline.com/news/did_olivia_wilde_chris_hemsworth_get/305936#ixzz1r0agP8C2
It sure looks like a wedding to us!
Stars Olivia Wilde and Chris Hemsworth were photographed leaving a church today, wearing a white dress, a tux and bouquet in hand.
So what's really going on here?
It's for a movie, obvs!
The duo were on the set of Ron Howard's Rush in London, which tells the story of British racing legend James Hunt, his supermodel wife Suzy Miller, and the aftermath of her affair with Richard Burton. Sounds pretty dramatic, we can't wait!

I didn't even recognize Olivia Wilde until I read the E Online article. Hemsworth is one luck guy! :yay: He and Wilde make a very attractive couple, that's for sure.

^I like that shot of Hunt glaring at Lauda.

The blurb mentions Suzy Miller's affair with Richard Burton; does that mean someone has been cast to play Burton? I haven't heard, and would be interested to know, if he appears as a character in the film.

I think Matthew Rhys from Brothers And Sisters would make a good Richard Burton.

...digging out thread...

A new poster art for the movie. It's quite simple.

07no3.jpg

Found also a few gifs in the depths of the internet but I'm still looking for the original clips.

And Kimi Raikkonen is wearing a James Hunt helmet today during the F1 race in Monaco.

True.
But I think, in a way, Hemsworth may be picking up where Ledger left off.

Whoa, let's slow down a bit. I like Hemsworth and I believe he's a great talent but he's just starting out. Ledger had Candy, Brokeback Mountain and The Dark Knight. Chris has yet to give us an exceptional lead/supporting performance yet.

Hopefully Rush will be his coming out party for award season.

Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
[YT]H-xqy-ksqvs[/YT]

With a solid cast, a fascinating real-life story being scripted by Peter Morgan, Howard has assembled an impressive crew both in front of and behind the camera. Will definitely keep an eye on this.

I was searching for a thread for this, I'm an extra in this, it was a great shoot. Met and got to shake Ron Howard's hand and had a great talk with Anthony Dod Mantle. Also saw Warrick Davis, he's not in the film he was just visiting the set.

From what I saw being shot, Ron really knows what he wants. I think this will be a great film.

[YT]H-xqy-ksqvs[/YT]

With a solid cast, a fascinating real-life story being scripted by Peter Morgan, Howard has assembled an impressive crew both in front of and behind the camera. Will definitely keep an eye on this.

Great featurette. I love what Ron said about wanting this to be for the F1 fans to feel respected and honored.
Definitely a Day One movie for me....can't wait to see this one. :word:

[YT]H-xqy-ksqvs[/YT]

Ah yes, that's the featurette I was looking for. Thanks a lot.

From finnish TV

[YT]yH8DNgBPfEY[/YT]

But you can listen to Howard and Hemsworth in english.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"