Ron Howard's Rush With Chris Hemsworth

I saw the Senna movie on netflix a month ago. That rivalry between Senna and Prost was amazing

A big fan here too, and I've got to hand it to Bruhl, that's almost a pitch-perfect Lauda he's doing. There's nothing quite like the sound of those engines from back in the day, and it's nice to see the driver's briefings and such being included. Hope the film doesn't go too far for the "spectacle" during the racing scenes and keeps it grounded enough (as the trailer does actually suggest), as the racing/incidents that season were spectacular enough :up:

I am now trying to remember if I have ever seen a young Lauda speaking English. I can't remember.

I saw the Senna movie on netflix a month ago. That rivalry between Senna and Prost was amazing

I love the doc. Apparently there is a much longer version out there then the standard, though I haven't been able to find it.

One thing I didn't quite like about it though was how it tries to paint Prost as a bad guy. I know that Senna is the main focus obviously, but both men were as responsible as the other for what happened.

hemsworth has probably been the smartest unknown discovered talent who did great picking future projects post his breakout role

snow white did solid at box office
this film directed by ron howard
before it was halted he was doing Robopocalypse with Spielberg
he has another ron howard film in pre production atm
and also attached to a michael man film now

I know. At least, can we get 'Frost/Nixon' Ron?

This shows how uneven Howard has been in recent years. Either he's good or he'll make something forgettable.

I think he's a pretty average director at best. He either works off good scripts or bad. He's just...so vanilla to me.

To be fair a lot of actors go through this stagnant stage till their career booms with a great performance. Usually it happens when an actor doesn't want to be typecasted; be it comedic or a pretty boy (Pitt, Depp, DiCapiro).

A great example is Ryan Gosling. Sure The Notebook made him popular but it wasn't till Lars and the Real Girl, Blue Valentine, and Drive that changed his career.

I think the actors/actresses who are hyper-aware and initiative of their careers, willing to take risks, are the ones who have long standing careers.

Half Nelson?

Anyone who is familiar with this story, is this rivalry between them a hatred one or more of a respect one? I much prefer the type of rivalry story where they want to beat each other badly but because they respect one another not because they hate them

hate is a lot of times forced into the story in hollywood movies to make it more interesting.
i dont think they hated eachother.

It doesn't look that way from the trailer, they look to respect each other immensely and genuinely want to beat each other which is what I really hope is the story

I think he's a pretty average director at best. He either works off good scripts or bad. He's just...so vanilla to me.

You're banned, but I completely agree. This one looks refreshing, though, coming from him.

^Best one of the bunch is the last one....shame Ron is blocking us from seeing the car fully :p

Man, that international trailer was Sub-Zero to the domestic's Frigidaire.

This movie has went from 0-100 on my anticipation list in two trailers!

Not sure I like that poster... Even without the obvious actor connection, this feels like a left over Thor poster.

That's not a flattering poster. Chris is a good looking dude, but I don't know if people want to see the inner-workings of the pores on his face.

And he looks a lot older too maybe due to the lighting. Not flattering.

Saw the trailer for this the other night with The Place Beyond the Pines, it actually looks like somewhat of a promising film. I really dug the look of the scenes and the filters to make it look a tad bit bleak and more like the look of films in the 1970's.

I own Cinderella Man and love that movie...I am looking forward to this one

Fantastic trailer, I love the music. Thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"