Rorschach's Voice

I'm not a fan of slo-mo, but if you match up where they used slo-mo to the size of the panels, he actually used it correctly (if you understand the size of the panels to equate with time).

Honestly, I've seen a lot of people on various sites in regards to this trailer complaining about the 'Snyder Slow Motion'

How is it that people find it that annoying? As you said, size of panels does give some measure of time, and thus slow motion is a perfect tool to better translate comics to screen. You can absorb the movements better, and enjoy the beauty of the shot (much like you would a comic panel)

And I thought Rorschach sounded great.

Honestly, I've seen a lot of people on various sites in regards to this trailer complaining about the 'Snyder Slow Motion'

How is it that people find it that annoying?
I think what it is, at least to me, is that we're worried Snyder's going to overdo it, like 300. Watchmen in no way needs to have THAT much slow motion. I think it's appropriate in some shots (like the Comedian getting thrown out the window) but I hope he doesn't overuse it

I think what it is, at least to me, is that we're worried Snyder's going to overdo it, like 300. Watchmen in no way needs to have THAT much slow motion. I think it's appropriate in some shots (like the Comedian getting thrown out the window) but I hope he doesn't overuse it

I loved 300 and the style it was made in... but my biggest fear is that they'll use the same approach here.

Watchmen is as different a beast to 300 as it is possible to get and should be treated as such.

Didn't Snyder said that he wasn't going to use too much slow-mo in the actual movie?

I think Haley's voice is alright. I thought it sounded a little too "typical," if you know what I mean. But I'm keeping an open mind about it.

I really didn't like Haley's voice was typical. I thought it was perfect! How do you think it should sound?

I really didn't like Haley's voice was typical. I thought it was perfect! How do you think it should sound?

A bit more unconventional. Something a little more insectoid if that makes sense.

I always imagined that line whispered and a pause before the 'no'. But I guess now I'm just picking hairs.

It's similar to the voice Moore himself did for Rorschach during a reading of Rorschach's journals. I don't mind it.

It's similar to the voice Moore himself did for Rorschach during a reading of Rorschach's journals. I don't mind it.

I never understood the affinity for Moore's voice of Rorschach, seeing as well, Rorschach is and American living in New York, and Moore is British. The accent always killed it for me. I think people just automatically accepted it because it was Moore doing the reading. But it totally betrays the character.

Jackie's single line in the trailer gave me goosebumps (well, the whole trailer did, to be honest), so to me, that is now the voice of Rorschach. We'll have to see if he keeps the same monotone delivery throughout the movie. But I think he will.

The accent was a killer, but I liked the long drone and weird intonations. That said, Haley captured the way I always heard it in my head. The way he just says "No"... oh god the contempt in that hoarse whisper is just beautiful.

I think it'll just be a little husky or gritty.

His voice shall be amazing.

In the comics, I always imagined it being like how Top Dollar talked in The Crow, just a bit hoarser and with a different way of phrasing

l_ce60d59e1d6ef520cdfb9ac89d942927.gif

Share & Enjoy

I always heard it in my head.
it sounds monotone, emotionless, a bit rough. Imagine someone who did not speak english was trying to read it.
Rorschach is a reaction to the world around him, he is cut off, disconnected, strong, and completely out of his ****ing mind.

His voice is awesome.

And far from typical.

Sounded like glass crackling.

The only voice I'd even compare it to would be Bale's Batman voice. And even then, Ror's voice sounds like he's smoked a few packs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"