Apocalypse Rose Byrne is BACK as Moira MacTaggert

In the trailer we see Moira in the X-Jet.

I wonder if she's going to be part of some action scene, albeit just a little? That would be awesome though.

It would be kinda funny, when everybody's beaten, Moira takes her gun again and starts shooting Apocalypse and he deflects the bullet into someone's back.

It would be kinda funny, when everybody's beaten, Moira takes her gun again and starts shooting Apocalypse and he deflects the bullet into someone's back.

Nah, she wouldn't deflect it into someone's back. She'd deflect it into... Mystique's Leg. ;nd

Okay, I'm gonna show my way out now...

Nah, she wouldn't deflect it into someone's back. She'd deflect it into... Mystique's Leg. ;nd

Okay, I'm gonna show my way out now...

So now I'm getting choked AND shot in the leg? You're making me feel blue. (sorry, I'm awful at this)

So now I'm getting choked AND shot in the leg? You're making me feel blue. (sorry, I'm awful at this)

Not bad. :woot:

I wonder how Moira will fit in the future as we've seen at the end of DOFP. I hope she makes it though. :csad:

Not bad. :woot:

I wonder how Moira will fit in the future as we've seen at the end of DOFP. I hope she makes it though. :csad:

If Singer wants to do the Proteus story, then I would think Moira has to survive so she has some emotional involvement in that tale of her mutant son escaping and going on the run.

Moira is probably more likely to make it purely because she ain't a mutant, her surviving and not even having any powers would actually make her a much stronger character while her being killed off would just be like... She didn't stand a chance

If Singer wants to do the Proteus story, then I would think Moira has to survive so she has some emotional involvement in that tale of her mutant son escaping and going on the run.

I want to see the movie version of Muir Island.

Singer has talked about loving Proteus as a villain, though. He wanted to use him in X2 at one point.
Didn't heard about that.
He wanted to use Quicksilver and Sunspot. Done.
If he wanted Proteus, he will do it.

If Singer is interested in doing an adaptation of the Proteus story -- or, in any event, an adaptation of the Proteus story where he's Moira's son -- I'd be interested to see what sort of mentions we get of Moira's life between 1962 and 1983 here. It would be kind of awkward for her to suddenly mention that she has a kid in some future sequel.

Any film version would probably, in terms of characterizing the kid, be more like the X-Men: TAS version of the story than the original comic.

If Singer is interested in doing an adaptation of the Proteus story -- or, in any event, an adaptation of the Proteus story where he's Moira's son -- I'd be interested to see what sort of mentions we get of Moira's life between 1962 and 1983 here. It would be kind of awkward for her to suddenly mention that she has a kid in some future sequel.

Any film version would probably, in terms of characterizing the kid, be more like the X-Men: TAS version of the story than the original comic.

You see Moira's son in a picture in her office.

They could do some interesting stuff with Moira doing morally questionable things, like secretly hiding her son and keeping him captured on Muir Island while desperately searching for how to help him.

A French interview with Singer and McAvoy; the latter mentions a few things about Moira's and Charles' romance: (http://www.allocine.fr/article/fichearticle_gen_carticle=18650173.html)

With Google Translate: https://translate.google.ca/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.allocine.fr%2Farticle%2Ffichearticle_gen_carticle%3D18650173.html&edit-text=

McAvoy says that Charles has the hots for Moira, she gives new meaning to his life, he confesses to erasing her memory and expresses remorse, he's madly in love with her and would do anything to protect her. James then adds he's delighted that Rose is back because she's full of energy, she's really fantastic and so fun.

Is it just or me, but I have a feeling she might bite the dust in this one?

Singer mentioned wanting to do Proteus in the future. I don't think they'd kill of Moira if they are going to do that.

And she could also possibly be involved in New Mutants as well.

No way do I see Moira dying, she has no powers to defend herself so killing her off would just be picking off the weak, while if she has no powers and survives that would make her a stronger person purely because of that.

Singer mentioned wanting to do Proteus in the future. I don't think they'd kill of Moira if they are going to do that.

And she could also possibly be involved in New Mutants as well.

I'm just feeling a little suspicious, because besides Archangel, Psylocke, Apocalypse and Jubilee - her future is still up in the air especially when they already spoiled the fate of Magneto, Quicksilver and Mystique.

I'm pretty convinced at this point she's going to die, probably while trying to rescue Charles. Five reasons:

1) Charles is living in his happy bubble again, so from a story standpoint, something has to snap him into a proactive "X-men" role. Something traumatic that's permanent...beyond losing his hair.

2) According to the trailer, Erik's family gets killed. It seems like a common trend that when Erik suffers, Charles suffers as well.

3) Xavier is a very monk-like character when he's older. Losing Moira would be the final nail in his romantic-side's coffin.

4) The marketing for this movie is all about "only the strong will survive." Moira is the only non-mutant X-man.

5) We don't see her at all past the flight to the Cairo battle.

I don't like losing Moira, either. But I'm going in prepared for it.

Also her death could be a catalyst for Proteus in the future. Let's just put that out there ;)

I was never a fan of Proteus and his daddy issues. I loved that Moira hid him away so I wouldn't want them to kill her because that could take away some interesting story between the two. And also Rose most likely signed one of those 3 picture deals and she's on her 2nd. I'd rather them focus on the story between Moira and Proteus and not so much the father. But it'll have to come in to play if they use that story in the future. But also like I said her death could be a good thing for it too.

I'm pretty convinced at this point she's going to die, probably while trying to rescue Charles. Five reasons:

1) Charles is living in his happy bubble again, so from a story standpoint, something has to snap him into a proactive "X-men" role. Something traumatic that's permanent...beyond losing his hair.

2) According to the trailer, Erik's family gets killed. It seems like a common trend that when Erik suffers, Charles suffers as well.

3) Xavier is a very monk-like character when he's older. Losing Moira would be the final nail in his romantic-side's coffin.

4) The marketing for this movie is all about "only the strong will survive." Moira is the only non-mutant X-man.

5) We don't see her at all past the flight to the Cairo battle.

I don't like losing Moira, either. But I'm going in prepared for it.

Good points.... and I just don't see having a big battle with Apocalypse at the end and the Heroes won't lose one of their own

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"