Apocalypse Rose Byrne is BACK as Moira MacTaggert

I always thought they'd be great together. :) maybe there will be some hope for them eventually. It was great seeing rose again. She's one of my favorite actresses.

I was nevous and excited to see Rose Byrne as Moira again. It so difficult to find people who ship them. What do you think was Moira&Charles future, after he gave her memories back? Will there be any deleted scene, or na intervirew? I want them together so bad..

I hope they don't continue it. So I don't want to see Moira in the next movie as much as I like Rose Byrne.

Poor Rose :csad:. It was nice seeing Moira again, but shame they didn't give her much to do.

I'm crossig my fingers there will be a deleted scene or interview about them two. Moira is a great character even being human

There's potential drama in store for their relationship if they ever decide to adapt Lilandra. Wonder how they'd do that.

Ah... Lilandra. That should be interesting. The way I see Moira...she's like that certain piece of Charles...and if it weren't for him giving her back the memories of them together on the beach in Cuba...and perhaps being a little intimate...everything they had shared in that life time would have been a lost cause. So I am glad he gave her memories back because without Moira...Charles would have given up on her after all this time. So we'll see what's in store for them. I can't wait...

Now that I've seen the movie a second time, I want to give major props to Rose Byrne as Moira. She was lovely, intelligent, and elegant, and brought just the right amount of emotion to all of her scenes. Plus there's something very sexy about how she combines class, intelligence, and likability. I think Rose Byrne's Moira may actually be one of my favorite characters in the movie/franchise, and since she's not even a mutant/superhuman, that's really saying something!

I love Byrne and her character Moira even if she's human, she care about the mutants, she's great and fight for what she believes andI love even more her romance with Charles. They do love each other even when some didn't believe in the kiss at the end, the deleted scenes and the last apocalypse scene about Cuba and it's very sad to hear some fans saying hateful things about her and their relationship, there were even mean jokes in the french interview where Mcavoy said Charles was madly in love with Moira. He does loves her, it was very clear in the comics and the movie (mainly when he saw her in the Cerebro and some people insisted it was about him remembering about his youth). So guys, just stop being mean with her and her fans and accept. And if you ship Charles with another, just don't go putting Moira in the middle and saying this hateful things.

Last edited:
I hadn't given much thought to the implications of Moira's mind wipe, however in hindsight it was a wise choice to follow up on that. Charles' moral ambiguity in this instance is an interesting avenue to tread, but it's not given nearly enough time or depth. He gets a moment toward the end to reconsider his actions and makes up for it by "giving" their time together back. All well and good except we don't really get to see how his actions have impacted Moira herself. She spent 20 years living with a hole in her brain that would have almost certainly convinced those around her that she was wounded or maybe even crazy. I love Rose Byrne enough to want to see her regardless, though it's startling how little she has to do here. She has one important action in accidentally awaking Apocalypse, and then a little bit of exposition after. I never felt I knew her any better.

I hope they don't continue it. So I don't want to see Moira in the next movie as much as I like Rose Byrne.
I dunno, I think Proteus could be great for the next movie.

I hadn't given much thought to the implications of Moira's mind wipe, however in hindsight it was a wise choice to follow up on that. Charles' moral ambiguity in this instance is an interesting avenue to tread, but it's not given nearly enough time or depth. .... All well and good except we don't really get to see how his actions have impacted Moira herself.
Well it mentions her son in the movie. Given how his powers developed in the comics, if Charles had been a bigger part of Moiras life earlier maybe he could have helped before it was too late.

I dunno, I think Proteus could be great for the next movie.

Well it mentions her son in the movie. Given how his powers developed in the comics, if Charles had been a bigger part of Moiras life earlier maybe he could have helped before it was too late.

even if Singer were to direct next film i doudt it would be proteus as villain.
I think next X_men film if we get more will be about going into outer space with phoenix storyline or a X-Men VS Sinister plot.

If they do more X-Men films i can see Byrne returing.

Moira could simply be human ally to X-Men however.

I don't care what her role would be, and even if she doesn't appear again, I just want someone in the movie or an spoiler to tell that Charles and Moira are together. I love them and after two movies with them, it would be to sad and anguish not to hear it.

I really wish/hope they make Moira and Charles be in a relationship after Apocalypse

I really like Rose but man they made her absolutely nothing like her character from the books. She might as well have been a brand new character created just for this series. Its a shame really bc I think there is good story potential that could be mined with her as a genetics expert with Muir Isle as a backdrop.

Since she's been researching mutants, I think it could be plausible to give her some secret facility on Muir Isle where she's keeping her son locked, not knowing what to do with his dangerous powers. It would add to her character and Proteus would be a new and different kind of X-villain we haven't seen. His reality-bending powers could work brilliantly on screen (as long as they don't copy Inception or Dr. Strange) and if he's the same age as the young mutants, there's some good drama waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"