Apocalypse The Cast of 'X-Men: Apocalypse

Thats not really an announcement since their source is Entertainment Weekly and EW already published this a few days ago, I think.

Anyway, their return isn't really surprising given that they signed up for a 3 picture deal way back in 2010.

Not sure of the cast but the characters I want are

X-Men

Proffessor X
Beast
Wolverine
Cyclops
Marvel Girl
Storm
Nightcrawler

Gambit/Magneto in a neutral role

Apocalypse
Sinister
Mystique
Destiny
Fabian Cortez
4 Horsemen

Excited for Cyclops, Jean and Nightcrawler. Kurt is my fave so it will be awesome to see the young version and I feel like Singer will show a new side of him, including his sense of humour, now that the movies are set in the past and Singer has talked about the humour now, compared to original movies.

Is this a Casting thread, focused on which actors will be playing which roles (and/or which actors we WANT to play certain roles)?

Or, is this a "which characters I want in the movie" thread, with no thought given to the casting? Because I thought there was already a thread for that called "Characters in Apocalypse"...

Really there should be a what character would you like In Apocalypse thread

It'd be such a great addition to have such a diverse and seasoned actor like Tatum play Gambit. He looks just like the part and I'm sure he'll be able to perfectly personify Remy!

:barf:

I think he could do well in the role. But, as someone said in another thread, they should go with shorter hair. We don't need to see this:

channing-tatum-jonah-hill-21-jump-street-image-600x385.jpg

Last edited:
Tatum on the X-Men franchise, as I thought like 9 years ago, yasssss! :D

If he's so close to role, better he lose like 10 kg, because he's too big.

NOOOOOO!!!! Magic Mike as Gambit would be far from fine. He can't act and he doesn't look anything like Gambit. I really really REALLY hope it's just a rumor.

NOOOOOO!!!! Magic Mike as Gambit would be far from fine. He can't act and he doesn't look anything like Gambit. I really really REALLY hope it's just a rumor.

Flashback to 2006: NOOOOOO!!!! Brokeback Mountain Cowboy as Joker would be far from fine. He can't act and he doesn't look anything like the Joker. I really really REALLY hope it's just a rumor.

I guess we still haven't learned to wait and see?

Yo do know that Heath Ledger was a WAY better actor than Channing, right? And im not basing my opinion on what kind of movies he's been in (although that would make it even worse) but on his acting skills. So you can wait and see till the cows come home. I've seen enough of Channing to be worried about him portraying my favorite character ever.

Channing tatum is an alright actor, but I would imagine Gambit to be a slimmer body. Taylor Kitsch had the perfect look for Gambit, but his role in XMOW was poorly written

are people really comparing Channing to Heath? if Im right, Ledger was nominated for an Oscar thanks to Brokeback Mountain. And he had great critics for Monster Balls too.
I dont have a problem with Tatum, but they are/were in two different leagues

I can see Channing pulling off the more fun, charming, and flirtatious aspects of Gambit. Having him do anything deeper or emotional with the character could be cringe worthy.

Well I definitely don't expect Gambit to be a deep/emotional character in the movie series. I think Channing Tatum would be fine. I just hope they nail the look.

Channing Tatum IS Gambit
Channing Tatum has signed on to star in an X-Men spinoff centered on the character Gambit, THR has confirmed.

News that the 22 Jump Street star would tackle the role last played by Taylor Kitsch broke when X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner revealed the move to Total Film on the red carpet in London Monday night, where the current X-Men movie, Days of Future Past, was premiering.

Multiple sources say that Tatum will get a stand-alone spinoff, with his version of Gambit being introduced in X-Men: Apocalypse. The stand-alone film is still in development, however, and no director has been attached.

When asked what kind of an actor she was looking at to play Gambit, Shuler Donner said, "It's Channing."

Asked to elaborate on what makes Tatum right for the role, Shuler Donner said, "Well you know, he's a rogue -- Channing -- he's a rascal, just like Remy LeBeau, and he can handle the action, we all know that! And he's got a really good heart."

"He'll be great for Gambit," she added, "and he's a Southerner, too! He's not from New Orleans, but he is a Southerner, and he understands that world."

I wonder when casting news for the other characters will come out. I'm thinking late this year, early next year perhaps?

I'd probably say late this year to early next year. If I remember correctly, they announced Jackman, Stewart and McKellan returning back around November and then the new characters like Dinklage in February of this year.

Singer announced the FC returnes and Stewart and Mckellen In november 2012 and then
jackman was revealed In December after one of trades leaked he was In Neogrations.

I would like to see a new X-Men movie featuring an X-Men squad (not teens) wearing the suits, just like First Class... and the Original Trilogy.

Hopefully they will get that. DOFP 1973 has no X-Men, only a group of people fighting to change the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"