Sequels Rotating the Roster?

Before everybody jumps on me...
I know it's impossible...
But... for a time.. Spidey was an Avenger...
That would be awesome.

Avengers 1: Cap. Thor Hulk Iron Man Black Widow Ant-Man Was

Avengers 2:Cap. Thor Iron Man Wasp Giant Man Tigra Hawkeye

Avengers 3:Cap. Thor Iron Man Wasp Giant Man Tigra Hawkeye Ms.Marvel Vision

Avengers : Captain America , Iron Man , Black Widow , Thor , Hulk , Ant-man , Wasp

Avengers 2 : Captain America , Iron Man , Hawkeye , Black Widow , Ant-man , Wasp ,Panther , Vision ......Thor and Hulks absence could be explained by Thor 2 and TIH 2.

Avengers 3: Captain America , Iron Man , Hawkeye , Ant-Man , Wasp , Panther , Vision , Luke Cage , Scarlet Witch (if possible), Thor

I say have Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, Ant-Man, Wasp, and maybe Hawkeye in the first film and after that just bring in a new member whenever an old actor decides not to come back. I would bring in Wonder Man, Black Panther, The Vision, She-Hulk, Hercules, War Machine, and Ms. Marvel. Maybe Hercules and War Machine could be the replacements for Iron Man and Thor when they leave.

Hello all: I believe that Bullets' suggestions are closest to my desires for the line-up. First film should be the original five, plus Captain America. Other favorite Avengers I would enjoy in future films are: Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Black Panther, Black Widow, and Black Knight. Many possibilities, however. Best regards, Madelow.

FOX as the rights to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. They're names were on a list in X-2 and Pietro had a cameo in Wolverine. Anywhos, introduce:

1.Ant-Man
2.Wasp
3.Black Panther
4.Ms Marvel
5.Falcon
6.Vision (Especially if Ultron is a villain)

Maybe Thor, Cap, and Iron Man will only be major players in the first film and maybe the sequel, and then branch off to let the Avengers become its own franchise to open the doors for characters like Luke Cage, Ms Marvel, Wonderman, Vision, etc. Considering that the big three have their own franchises already, having them juggle their own movies and the Avengers would be hard, so give them some breathing room so that we can get Iron Man 3 and 4, without worrying too much about RDJ being sick of the character because of overuse. That way the fans can get introduced to new characters with each installment, and the Avengers brand can branch out and grow into its own spin-offs as well.

I think Vision would come across gret on screen!! Like a "cooler" Nightcrawler..

57-2.jpg

Just think of the special effects they can use for Vision.

Last edited:
Panther, Blade, Power Man, Pulsar, I'd be glad if any of them had a role in the next film..

Well as of yet the Avengers are Steve, Tony, Thor, Natasha, Nick, Clint and Bruce so I can see Bruce leaving definetly to keep that 'lonely man' part of his character intact as remain faithful to the comics and I can see Nick leaving because he serves his own purposes.

So if they sub in Black Panther and Ms Marvel that would be awesome! Maybe add She-Hulk because she's awesome.

Panther, Vision, Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Mockingbird, War Machine, Quasar, and Maria Hill are the Pool that I think any new members will come from. Those would make the most sense with what they are currently doing IMO. They could surprise me though. Luke Cage would be a good one too, but they are looking at giving him his own movie.

Thats assuming that the team in the first movie is: Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Widow, and Hawkeye.

I can also assume they will add Pym and Janet after the Ant-Man solo movie introduces them before Avengers II is made. If that movie doesn't get done by then they may not make it in the Avengers movies until the third one.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch can only be used if FOX agrees not to use them in the X-Men movies. Marvel simply can't reference them as mutants or X-Men in the film. Although "born with powers" could still be how they acquired super-speed and reality manipulation respectively, you simply couldn't refer to them as mutants.

You could have someone make an off the cuff remark though. Like have Captain America say "You think Kang is bad, you should meet Quicksilver's father".

Last edited:
If Ant-Man and Wasp (in future films), and eventually Vision are included I'm quite content. Mockingbird would also be great if they take the character of Hawkeye in the right direction. But I can smell a romantic relationship between him and Black Widow.

Black Panther, Wonder Man, Doctor Druid, Nova, Black Knight, Ms Marvel and others would be huge bonuses but not at all necessary. I say rather keep the core team and give them room to develop properly. She-Hulk, Swordsman, Gilgamesh/Forgotten One and Hercules I do not think would work. I doubt we will see Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch because I think they are too closely related to the X-men-continuity.

But one thing.. I do not get Tigra. I have nothing against her but I do not understand the reasons for wanting her above other characters

#2: Cap, Thor, Wasp, Ant-Man, Hulk, War Machine, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Carol Danvers or Monica Rambeau (at first as a normal human)

#3: Cap, Thor, Wasp, Goliath/Yellowjacket, Black Panther, Captain Marvel (either Carol of Monica; I think Carol deserves the full name, Ms. Marvel comes across as patronizing to me).

RDJ as Iron Man is welcome in any of these cast lists, but I am operating under the assumption that he and Scarjo are going to be too expensive to keep putting in these movies.

The Avengers
Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye
with Nick Fury and Wasp as supporting character

The Avengers 2
Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Antman

The Avengers 3

Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Ant Man, Black Panther

The Avengers:
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Nick Fury
Maria Hill, Agent Coulson as supporting character

The Avengers 2:
Add Giant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther as mains, introduce Ms. Marvel as a main
move Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Hulk down to supporting

The Avengers 3:
Add Luke Cage as main, introduce Vision as main
move Wasp, Giant Man, Black Panther down to supporting
End with all characters, including supporting in a massive 17-man offensive.

I will do the same concept:

The Avengers 1, we already know:
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye & Nick Fury
With Maria Hill & Agent Coulson as supporting characters

The Avengers 2:
Cap, IM, Thor, BW, Hawkeye & Nick Fury
Plus Hank Pym and Wasp

The Avengers 3:
Cap, IM, Thor, BW, Hank Pym, Wasp & Nick Fury
Plus Black Panther, Spider-Man & Wolverine

Assuming Marvel has the rights to those characters...

Captain America, Iron Man and Thor need to be in every movie...every other character can be rotated out.

The only one that I assume can be guaranteed for three Avengers movies are: Captain America, Thor and Nick Fury. Iron Man, Black Widow and Hawkeye will likely be in AV2, but RDJ, ScarJo and possibly even Renner (depending how successful his next few projects are) will be too expensive to keep around. Hulk is a CGI and budgetary burden. I don't expect him to be in any of the Avengers movies except the first one. I think War Machine could very likely replace Iron Man in one of the sequels and Giant Man and Wasp will obviously find their way into one of them.

Assuming the original lineup includes:

Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Ant-Man, Wasp

What characters would you add to that lineup? How would your roster change if at all in the sequels... keeping in mind the actors may not return for an entire trilogy/franchise? I'd go:

Avengers 1: Original lineup + Black Widow

Avengers 2: Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Giant Man, Wasp

Avengers 3: Giant Man, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quick Silver.

How would you do it?
Problem with Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver is that they would have to incorperate the whole X Men series with it, which seeing as they're all in different contracts I can't see it happening. In the latest Captain America film, the producers considered a Magneto/ Wolverine cameo, which was stopped dead by contract complecations.:wolverine

I'd like to slowly add on to the roster..
get a good lawyer to pore over contract considerations with X-Men/Fox, to see if they can extricate Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch.. they can ignore Magneto as the dad for now.. they can just say they were orphans as far as they know..

Others:
Wasp, though I don't know if she would be part of the Ant-Man project..
Black Panther, great spinoff possibilities.
Vision-- though, it would be odd without Wanda as a love-interest plot..
Wonder Man-- use him as a villain at first, then he turns good at the end..
Hercules-- perhaps better introduced in Thor, but would be a great addition..
Sub-Mariner-- pending contract extrication from Universal, he would be a great to be introduced as a villain (like the comics), then turn to an ally by the end..
Pulsar-- her origin can be dealt with or not, but more women are the team should be explored..

The main villain can be Baron Zemo, with multiple henchmen from the comics.. they can pull from the ranks of the Masters of Evil, others..

The Avengers
Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye

The Avengers 2
Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Antman

The Avengers 3
Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Ant Man, Black Panther

I really don't see them keeping Hulk in the group for 3 films. I think he's in this one primarily for name recognition with the general population.

I really don't see them keeping Hulk in the group for 3 films. I think he's in this one primarily for name recognition with the general population.

TBH, I'm really interested to see if they *will* try to bring Hulk back for Avengers 2, or instead be true to the comics and make him only an "honorary founder" for the first movie.

I suspect that you're right, and after the first Avengers movie, they'll relegate Hulk to his upcoming TV show and keep him off the big screen (at least for awhile).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"