Sequels Routh may be out as Superman

^ Sorry, but your response is as lame as SR. :hehe:
A lot of people share Ebert's opinion on Routh and you know it. Calling any critical person a "hater" is just too easy and shallow, I try to be objective, I don't idealize anything like the fanboys do, nothing is perfect. I find some aspects of the Superman classic character improvable, like part of his personality (too uptight), the ridiculous CK/Superman dual identity, is so obvious the glasses are not enough, it makes the characters dumb, the suit, which is not very esthetic nowadays, etc. I believe Superman needs to be more modern and realistic overall, but that's another topic.

Ok and Welling has done the Fog and CBTD... That against Routh's resume? Umm... bad example :o

Ok and Welling has done the Fog and CBTD... That against Routh's resume? Umm... bad example :o

He won't get it. He is just a Routh hater with making up lies & excuse. He can't face the fact Routh's resume is looking good so far. Not to mention he praise Ebert's weak reason on disliking SR. Didn't many who hated SR didn't want Superman film to be too humorus & campy, which Ebert wanted in SR? I know he gave a thumb down for not making it campy. But Mikelus don't care anyway. Oh well.

^ Sorry, but your response is as lame as SR. :hehe:
A lot of people share Ebert's opinion on Routh and you know it. Calling any critical person a "hater" is just too easy and shallow, I try to be objective, I don't idealize anything like the fanboys do, nothing is perfect. I find some aspects of the Superman classic character improvable, like part of his personality (too uptight), the ridiculous CK/Superman dual identity, is so obvious the glasses are not enough, it makes the characters dumb, the suit, which is not very esthetic nowadays, etc. I believe Superman needs to be more modern and realistic overall, but that's another topic.

See below.

LOL. Though CBTD? Sorry not an obsessive Welling fan. Which by the way is OK in "Smallville" (I think).

He won't get it. He is just a Routh hater with making up lies & excuse. He can't face the fact Routh's resume is looking good so far. Not to mention he praise Ebert's weak reason on disliking SR. Didn't many who hated SR didn't want Superman film to be too humorus & campy, which Ebert wanted in SR? I know he gave a thumb down for not making it campy. But Mikelus don't care anyway. Oh well.

I believe you're right about Ebert (from memory). If I remember correctly he wanted Jason to be a Spy Kid. A Spy Kid?!? Um what is he smoking? I guess I'm smart to avoid drugs. ;)

By the way I believe C. Lee showed Reeve didn't have a long resume either when he became Superman. Besides I don't give a crap about someone's resume when I see a film. I care if they are believable in the role/s. To me Brandon was and is. That's enough for me.

Angeloz

Nightwing, did you read what I said? I'm very critical with everything (Superman classic character, comics, Dooner movies....). Disliking something is not the same as hating it. Do you understand it now?
You have this tendency of jumping to conclusions and saying things that are not true, you lack some subtleness.
Back to the facts, why Brandon struggle to get a regular role in TV? Why he failed being casted as Clark Kent in Smallville, even with Welling rejecting the role at the beginning? Because he's a great actor according to you, but not the producers? Do you know how to evaluate talent better than they do? Be objective instead of inventing "lies" and "excuses", in any profession, if you struggle for years to get a stable job, is because you are not good enough. The upcoming movies of Brandon will show if he has become a better actor, time will tell, wish him the best, he seems to be a nice guy.

Nightwing, did you read what I said? I'm very critical with everything (Superman classic character, comics, Dooner movies....). Disliking something is not the same as hating it. Do you understand it now?
You have this tendency of jumping to conclusions and saying things that are not true, you lack some subtleness.
Back to the facts, why Brandon struggle to get a regular role in TV? Why he failed being casted as Clark Kent in Smallville, even with Welling rejecting the role at the beginning? Because he's a great actor according to you, but not the producers? Do you know how to evaluate talent better than they do? Be objective instead of inventing "lies" and "excuses", in any profession, if you struggle for years to get a stable job, is because you are not good enough. The upcoming movies of Brandon will show if he has become a better actor, time will tell, wish him the best, he seems to be a nice guy.

:oldrazz: Hahahaha, you make me laugh! You need to move on buddy. I know you like Tommy boy, and that's fine, enjoy him in Smallville. But like it or not MOST FANS, CRITICS, AND GENERAL AUDIENCES liked/loved Routh in the role, just read the reviews, it's undeniable. I can show you just as many great reviews of SR and Brandon, and I will, but don't have time right now. I'll be back tomorrow.

And Ebert sucks, he is senile now. He wanted SR to be campy, lol, and wanted Jason to help Supes to save the day, like a superboy!!

And Routh didn't get the role of young Clark.....you know why??
Because he was destined to be SUPERMAN ON THE BIG SCREEN.
:word:

:oldrazz: Hahahaha, you make me laugh! You need to move on buddy. I know you like Tommy boy, and that's fine, enjoy him in Smallville. But like it or not MOST FANS, CRITICS, AND GENERAL AUDIENCES liked/loved Routh in the role, just read the reviews, it's undeniable. I can show you just as many great reviews of SR and Brandon, and I will, but don't have time right now. I'll be back tomorrow.

And Ebert sucks, he is senile now. He wanted SR to be campy, lol, and wanted Jason to help Supes to save the day, like a superboy!!

And Routh didn't get the role of young Clark.....you know why??
Because he was destined to be SUPERMAN ON THE BIG SCREEN.
:word:

Superboy

tom-welling-the-cw-launch-party-green-carpet-0BAIgZ.jpg

Superman :supes:

image-Brandon-Routh.jpg

If you've ever worked in Hollywood, having talent doesn't always guarantee you get a job. Hell, there are hundreds of talented actors who don't get a break in Hollywood. In most cases, it comes down to who you know and plain old blind luck.

They both look sexy to me (thanks for the photos). But Brandon looks and sounds like Superman... ;) :D

Angeloz

They are both good looking men. But Welling has a very young face. He even has the rosy cheeks. That's one of the reasons he was good cast in his show. His pouty lips make him look too pretty to play a believable adult Superman, IMO. And yeah, his voice is weak for Superman.

Routh has bold facial features. He has a strong jaw and chin, as well as cheek bones. His bigger nose also helps him look more mature. He has the Greek god-like look. And his voice is very deep. He has the perfect look for Superman. That's clearly shown in the picture above, and he is not even in character. So, yeah, I agree with you Angeloz. :cwink:

They are both good looking men. But Welling has a very young face. He even has the rosy cheeks. That's one of the reasons he was good cast in his show. His pouty lips make him look too pretty to play a believable adult Superman, IMO. And yeah, his voice is weak for Superman.

Routh has bold facial features. He has a strong jaw and chin, as well as cheek bones. His bigger nose also helps him look more mature. He has the Greek god-like look. And his voice is very deep. He has the perfect look for Superman. That's clearly shown in the picture above, and he is not even in character. So, yeah, I agree with you Angeloz. :cwink:

Thanks, I agree with you too about Brandon (nicely written). :)

Angeloz

If you've ever worked in Hollywood, having talent doesn't always guarantee you get a job. Hell, there are hundreds of talented actors who don't get a break in Hollywood. In most cases, it comes down to who you know and plain old blind luck.

Yep. Not to mention some might not get hired, because Hollywood want someone with look more than talent. It sad this is what Hollywood does nowdays during the old days where they pick someone with talent over look. And having lot of luck is a big needed. When you have hundred of people auditing for the same role, you need big luck to win over hundred of actors auditing. That how people win role in situation like this: luck.

And oddly enough, Welling looks older, hmmmm.......

That might be because he IS older. Welling is 31 and Routh is 29. Regardless, I personally think Welling is a better actor, and looks more the part. The only thing he doesn't have is the voice.

They didn't cast Welling for 2 reasons. One, they wanted to distance themselves from the show because everyone knew Welling as "Superboy" and not the "Superman" from 5 years later than the last movie. 2, because Smallville was and is a very successful property and they couldn't very well put him in the movie as Superman and then just go back to the Smallville as if the movie never happened.

image-Brandon-Routh.jpg

Yes i remember when this pic came out and a lot of the anti-Routh people were all over him saying "He looks so skinny, how can Superman have gotten skinny" I laughed at that because Chris Reeve not only didn't lift weights when he was not in training for Superman but he is on record as saying he "Hated lifting weights" Chris was an athlete who enjoyed playing Sports as a means of staying in shape. Routh seems to be a lot like Reeve in that way as we see lots of pics of him playing soccer at various events.

I totally agree with what "Singer_will_fly" said, Routh is a good superman, just hope he gets to release more of the strength superman has, I'd like to see some real damage but returns was a re-introduction of the characters, it's been like 20 years since there was a previous superman movie, I wasn't even born then, had it not been for an aquired interest in this genre I'd have never seen the previous films. Let Bryan have a chance to deliver a full on action packed superman, as he says his "wrath of Kahn". Now that he's got the characters introduced and has room to breath, develop characters and take on board what the fans have said, after all he did all that with X men 2 and we know he's not only a fan but can do justice to the characters/story.

Agreed, Routh is just an awful actor. He's no more than eye candy for the ladies and gay sci-fi crowd and SR was the worst superhero pick since the Hulk. The next film should be another reboot.

Some how I see at the end of all this Tom Welling wearing the suit in either a new Superman movie spin off or in a J.L.A spin off...

What do we have to do as fans to get this generations Superman on the big screen for godsakes?

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/fan-art/smallville_super.jpg

He has the look of SUPERMAN for this generation! He has the look of a modern Superman! Period!
Brandon looks a little like the Chris Reeve Superman but Brandon can't act his way out of a paper bag!
Welling isn't the worlds greatest thespian either but he at least has done something that Routh didn't do!
He made the character of Superman popular again, and became the face of the character, and without wearing the suit!
Brandon got the suit, and he made a craptacular movie with Bryan Singer!

Singer & Brandon need to be fired!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^sorry, but NO.

Brandon did a fine job, and he Is The face of Superman to the world now.

Some how I see at the end of all this Tom Welling wearing the suit in either a new Superman movie spin off or in a J.L.A spin off...

What do we have to do as fans to get this generations Superman on the big screen for godsakes?

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/fan-art/smallville_super.jpg

He has the look of SUPERMAN for this generation! He has the look of a modern Superman! Period!
Brandon looks a little like the Chris Reeve Superman but Brandon can't act his way out of a paper bag!
Welling isn't the worlds greatest thespian either but he at least has done something that Routh didn't do!
He made the character of Superman popular again, and became the face of the character, and without wearing the suit!
Brandon got the suit, and he made a craptacular movie with Bryan Singer!

Singer & Brandon need to be fired!

Someone need to turn off the "ranting" mode. Routh couldn't act his way out of a paper bag? That sound like Welling, with how he haven't done any films since the crappy Fog remake & Cheaper by the Dozen. And since when should Supes has the "pretty boy" & "model" look in Welling? That isn't Supes, since Supes never has the model look. Nor should he be.

And he didn't play Supes. He play Clark Kent/Kal-El....before he became Superman. Thus, Routh played Supes & Welling hasn't. Welling didn't put on a suit & live in Metropolis yet, has he? Then he isn't Supes. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
What kills me about the irrate Welling supporters is that he's never shown the slighest amount of interest in playing Superman. In fact, he's made it a point to distance himself from the Superman franchise...beyond his obligations to Smallville (i.e. he was a no-show in the Look Up in the Sky! documentary).

I can't help but laugh my ass off when I hear people say that "they know" he'll replace Routh in the films. That's never gonna happen.

In fact, his decision (to distance himself from it all) has a good chance of helping him in the long run. He's been quick to say he's never played Superman per say, but Clark Kent (minus the glasses).

Welling's a fine actor. No doubt in my mind, he'll have a solid TV career. I definitely see him starring in a hit television series on one of the "big four" networks post-Smallville. But like it or lump it, Routh is Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"