Sequels Routh may be out as Superman

This is not Batman or Spidey, who wear masks.
This is Superman. He can't be an established celebrity, otherwise it's not a Superman movie, just the latest movie for ------------.
So once again it'd have to be an unknown.
Special effects, and other superhero flics, dictate that you go top shelf on visuals - huge budget.
The idiot director will do yet another ' in the beginning...' - waste of story space and screen time.
Once again, some fans will cry into their pillows over the 'poor' selection of yet another guy they deem not worthy of donning the cape & tights.

WB might as well just stick to animated features.

You negative ****ers bashing on Routh, must be on crack! If anything he was the one perfect thing within SR! I've said that a thousand times before, and I'll keep saying it... Replacing him would be just ****ing stupid!

You negative ****ers bashing on Routh, must be on crack! If anything he was the one perfect thing within SR! I've said that a thousand times before, and I'll keep saying it... Replacing him would be just ****ing stupid!

Succinct, and to the point.

image-Brandon-Routh.jpg

Yes i remember when this pic came out and a lot of the anti-Routh people were all over him saying "He looks so skinny, how can Superman have gotten skinny" I laughed at that because Chris Reeve not only didn't lift weights when he was not in training for Superman but he is on record as saying he "Hated lifting weights" Chris was an athlete who enjoyed playing Sports as a means of staying in shape. Routh seems to be a lot like Reeve in that way as we see lots of pics of him playing soccer at various events.

And basketball. :)

I don't like the swearing, I also liked the film but agree that it'd be nuts to replace Routh. Unfortunately film studios aren't always sane (to me).

Angeloz

i think routh did ok, but i agree we need an older superman. im not a huge fan of superman, i never read the comics or anything, but i do love the animated series and that is how i picture superman. he's old and bigger. routh was to young and tiny. yeah, he was built, but more suited for spiderman or so than superman.

I never found Routh to be all that bad honestly. I would've liked to see him in one more movie.

It doesn't have to be an unknown. They should focus on finding the best actor possibile for the role, who has charisma.

You've got Christian Bale as Batman, Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Edward Norton as Bruce Banner and... CJ John Jay-Kay as the next Superman?

I never found Routh to be all that bad honestly. I would've liked to see him in one more movie.

Same here. I felt he can take it to the next level & do better if he get more lines. And be more intense too. I think he can do that. :yay:

I am telling you...DiCaprio would own as Supes...

Are you drinking while watching the Celtics game?

First the chick from No Doubt, now DiCaprio?

I am telling you...DiCaprio would own as Supes...

Too short. Not to mention he is too "pretty boy", when Supes isn't suppose to be that. We already got that with Welling, so I don't want a repeat with DiCraprio. And also, he is a blondie. Blech!! :oldrazz:

Watch the language, please.

You've got Christian Bale as Batman, Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Edward Norton as Bruce Banner and... CJ John Jay-Kay as the next Superman?

Batman wears a mask. Iron Man wears a helmet that covers his entire face. Bruce Banner turns into a huge green Neanderthal beast. When you see Superman, you see a regular human face. I don't wanna see a big star as Superman, because all I'll ever see will be that big star as Superman.

And who the hell is CJ John Jay-Kay?!

DiCaprio would own as Supes

:whatever:.

he is a blondie. Blech!! :oldrazz:

Hey, if Daniel Craig can do it, :hehe:.

The plot was bad. That wasn't Routh's fault!

Routh returning is the most important thing to me.

Too short. Not to mention he is too "pretty boy", when Supes isn't suppose to be that. We already got that with Welling, so I don't want a repeat with DiCraprio. And also, he is a blondie. Blech!! :oldrazz:

Plus, I don't believe he has the acting chops to pull off the role of a super-hero of this calibur.

What kills me about the irrate Welling supporters is that he's never shown the slighest amount of interest in playing Superman. In fact, he's made it a point to distance himself from the Superman franchise...beyond his obligations to Smallville (i.e. he was a no-show in the Look Up in the Sky! documentary).

I can't help but laugh my ass off when I hear people say that "they know" he'll replace Routh in the films. That's never gonna happen.

In fact, his decision (to distance himself from it all) has a good chance of helping him in the long run. He's been quick to say he's never played Superman per say, but Clark Kent (minus the glasses).

Welling's a fine actor. No doubt in my mind, he'll have a solid TV career. I definitely see him starring in a hit television series on one of the "big four" networks post-Smallville. But like it or lump it, Routh is Superman.

Routh returning is the most important thing to me.

AGREED!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I hope this is true. Sorry guys, but the last movie sucked. I still went to go see it & bought the DVD, only because it was Superman. (The airplane scenes were good.)

They say they want a younger guy. I think that's a mistake. Routh already looked more like Superboy. Welling is 30sh & still looks too young for Superman. (I know he's Superboy & he's great for that.)

They should go for a mature (but not old) looking Superman.

Just my 2 cents.

Halleujah! That'll be the best I've heard about the franchise. If they opt for the mature Supes, then it's real simple. Michael O'Hearn is picture perfect. The guy off of the new American Gladiators. That brother is been pining for the role since the Brandon Routh film was said to first come out. I know we've seen his World Finest previews with his team up with Batman.

If we go younger, we know Welling won't do it. Henry Cavill was a huge fan fave back in the day. I like the idea of telling the origin, accelerating the different actors ages along the way
and maybe halfway thru the film be our Daily Planet, grown-up but just getting started Clark Kent.

keep Routh he was great as superman. maybe a bit on the young side but by the time they get round to making the film he will be several years older and and built bigger for the part.
its singer we don't want back.he says he likes superman why would he put such a crap person not actress to play lois lane and jimmy how crap was he.
recast all but Routh bring him back or we will aiting for ever for the film to get made.
why not get a al and miles from smallville to write and direct it they no all about superman.

I don't like the swearing, I also liked the film but agree that it'd be nuts to replace Routh. Unfortunately film studios aren't always sane (to me).

Angeloz

WB wouldn't be nuts to replace Routh.

They would do it just to severe any ties to Superman Returns.

I think you guys are nuts. I've been following the stories and films since I was a child and I found Singer's version to be a brilliant way to loop in the old fans and the new fans into something bigger down the road. Hulk is also the best adaptation of a comic hero to date. If you don't read the comics, then you wouldn't know. Sure the cutting was odd, but God forbid someone try to do something different with a cliche driven genre like the superhero film.

And for those dogging Donner's vision and Singer's take, I just find it a tad immature. You really want a straight to form version of the comics? That'd be like watching a video game for two and half hours. Donner and Singer's version adds depth and character, something that Alfred Gough took hint of and insinuated into the show, Smallville.

I'm done.

You are correct.

Routh , unfortunately, will most likely be gone. A re-boot is just that. Starting new, so Supes will be recast again. Otherwise im sure the WB/DC suits will think having Routh stay will associate him to that horror that was SR.

I think Routh will be gone, unless WB wants to make a sequel of SR (which they said they won't). It'd be like if TIH hired Eric Bana to reprise his role as Banner in the reboot movie, and it won't have worked either. A reboot means a whole new direction, and total disregard of the previous film. Bringing back Routh won't help it at all.

i think routh did ok, but i agree we need an older superman. im not a huge fan of superman, i never read the comics or anything, but i do love the animated series and that is how i picture superman. he's old and bigger. routh was to young and tiny. yeah, he was built, but more suited for spiderman or so than superman.
By the time this will be made Routh will be older ;) I'm also on the view that Routh was one of the few Highlights of SR. I think he can act,but was'nt given much material to work with. I thought Rouths facial expressions to ppl/situations around him were well done.
I've said this a few times I hope they give Routh a shot at it,but being a reboot I think they are gonna wanna distance themselves from the SR version...

It is quite possible Routh can act. You wouldn't know it because he was surrounded by a train wreck that is SR.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I hope this is true. Sorry guys, but the last movie sucked. I still went to go see it & bought the DVD, only because it was Superman. (The airplane scenes were good.)

They say they want a younger guy. I think that's a mistake. Routh already looked more like Superboy. Welling is 30sh & still looks too young for Superman. (I know he's Superboy & he's great for that.)

They should go for a mature (but not old) looking Superman.

Just my 2 cents.

:supes: Good call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"