Age of Ultron Ruffahulk Ruffasmash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer Marvel try to make Hulk the tragic hero that he is, and not make dumb action movies with the Hulk in them. Not saying TIH was dumb, but alot of the best stuff was cut out to distance itself from Ang's Hulk (which was better, imo).

I'd prefer Marvel try to make Hulk the tragic hero that he is, and not make dumb action movies with the Hulk in them. Not saying TIH was dumb, but alot of the best stuff was cut out to distance itself from Ang's Hulk (which was better, imo).

I think he is supposed to be tragic. That's why I feel many are going to be disappointed with Banner's fate in the Avengers franchise. The character doesn't wear the traditional superhero trappings very well. I repeat, Whedon's touchstone for the character are werewolf films. That sound like something easily integrated into a superhero team? I say, be prepared for a rude awakening people. Just saying.

Marvel is not going to kill off the Hulk, I can pretty much rest assured about that.

Marvel is not going to kill off the Hulk, I can pretty much rest assured about that.

I was not intimating death. Just that he is not going to be a permanent fixture in the Avengers films. People think they are going to go A:EMH with him. "Oh, the character has been rehabilitated in the publics eyes. He's going to be a dependable tank for the team." Look at the character and then look at Whedon's track record. Yeah. He's not going to stick around.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Hulk is not a monster and is only dangerous when people keep shooting at him. The point is that others think he is a monster.

Except for all the times when he *is* a monster, and is dangerous to people for no reason. Like when he decides to destroy New York City because of a newspaper article. Or the time he killed Soul Man, because of crazies.

The Hulk's central premise is not that he's a harmless lovable stuffed animal who evil people make dangerous. The Hulk's central premise is that he is *insane*. He is the Monster, unpredictable and uncontrollable. Sometimes he's harmless, sometimes he's intelligent, sometimes he's in control. . . and sometimes he's not.

The way Godzilla was done the Heisei era is pretty much the perfect tone for Hulk IMO.

Please Marvel another shot at Hulk with Mark Ruffalo.... Before any Iron Man 4's or other silly nonsense. I'm sure they've got this figured out and a new Hulk will make sense after the events of AoU

Iron Man and Hulk movie could be real cool if done right though... Hulk should have been in Iron Man 3, the way Avengers ended was a perfect lead into that.

That would've been cool to see Hulk smashing Extremis soldiers, especially if there was a small army of them :-s

Iron Man and Hulk movie could be real cool if done right though... Hulk should have been in Iron Man 3, the way Avengers ended was a perfect lead into that.

He was but after the credits.

I've said it before: I want a Hope and Crosby style road movie with Stark and Banner. The Road To The Dark Dimenson or something.

I agree with this.

The success of Iron Man 3 I feel should have TPB thinking about another Hulk movie. Even though I am ambivalent about IM3, it was very popular, and had a story structure that would be similar to how a Hulk story should be told: focus more on the human/civilian character solving problems and gathering intelligence, with fight sequences used sparingly until the end of the movie.

I know people are supposedly only interested in Hulk roaring and smashing stuff, but there needs to be a couple moments where Banner is hulked out and just interacting with other people, even carrying on small conversations. It doesn't have to be a cliche kid thing via IM3, but have him finally meet Rick Jones.

You mean character moments? Get out of here with that rational way of thinking. ;)

Any idea just how expensive ILM's Hulk is? I wonder if the studio would be hesitant to use up any substantial portion of their CGI budget on anything that isn't Hulk roaring and smashing.

Hopefully they can keep most of the team that worked on him for the Avengers, because I'd imagine after a few movies, they'd nail a technique that lets them continue to have this super detailed Hulk but for more shots.

I really hope when the announcement comes for the next round of films another Hulk is the first one after Ant Man!!!!!

I'm personally hoping for Hulk first before any more sequels for IM, Thor, or Cap. Not saying i dont want more of them, just Hulk needs another shot, its a new actor and its his turn for crying out loud

Oh, I'd rather Hulk get another movie before IM4, Cap 3, and Thor III also. I just don't know if Hulk should be the Phase 3 opener.

Last edited:
Do not worry! Ant man is the phase 3 opener!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"